PDA

View Full Version : The Wenzel Brothers.....

Deon Herpin
September 4th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I'm sure most of you guys know of the twins but I haven't heard much about them recently so I thought I'd mention them. I had the pleasure of reading one of their books awhile back and I have to say I was very impressed. If you ever get a chance to read "Bowhunting Rutting Whitetails" do it. You will not be disappointed. They're my favorite of all the well known hunters.

http://www.brothersofthebow.com/

Lamplighter
September 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I'm with you . I grew up on them. There is also a dvd at 3 rivers archery. Bowhunting October Whitetails, with one of the Wensels, Gene bildespatcher, and Rick Blaze. A very good video. They hunt what was back then, Open woods. Somebody owned it but no one cared about trespassing.

Man drives, and stand hunting with recurve, compound, and the Oneida, finger shooting compounds, deer on the run in woods like what we hunt, just an amazing vintage dvd.

Also , Hunting the Rut, with Ben Lee.

Ruger109
September 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Barry had a heart attack a few months ago, and now Gene is busy hanging all the stands!

mnormand
September 4th, 2012, 04:04 PM
. Bowhunting October Whitetails, .

How about that cool running shot Barry took and hit that buck right in the perfect spot ? Sweet !

Big Red
September 4th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I'm with you . I grew up on them. There is also a dvd at 3 rivers archery. Bowhunting October Whitetails, with one of the Wensels, Gene bildespatcher, and Rick Blaze. A very good video. They hunt what was back then, Open woods. Somebody owned it but no one cared about trespassing.

Man drives, and stand hunting with recurve, compound, and the Oneida, finger shooting compounds, deer on the run in woods like what we hunt, just an amazing vintage dvd.

Also , Hunting the Rut, with Ben Lee.

This was the first hunting video I ever watched. After all these years I'm still amazed at the footage.

Keith Crow
September 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM
They once had a $5000.00 bet that they could hunt your area and in so many days kill a trophy buck. I dont know if anyone ever took them up on the bet. But i would like to find out. My hunting buddy and i wanted to put them in dismall swamp in Red River WMA but we did not have the $2500 apiece just in case we lost. Boththe Wensels have been a credit to the industry.

Good Huntin this year everyone

Keith

WHW
September 4th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Barry and Gene are great, fun to be around, down to earth, guys. I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with them, for the first time, in 86. The attached picture of them, my son Kelly and me was taken in 95.

Gene gifted Kelly with his book "And the Horse You Rode In On". Has to be the funniest book that I've ever read. Kelly loaned it to someone and never got it back. Almost impossible to get a copy now days.

Barry just had the same heart surgery that I had two years ago. He's now doing good, too.

Cajnhuntr
September 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM
While an advisor for the BSBA, I was forturnate to meet several big name bowhunters including the Wenzel Brothers. These are great guys and have always pushed bowhunting. The speach they gave at the BSBA Spring fling that year was great and I am very proud to have been a part of it. The only other person I think compairs to the Wensel's is Byron Fergeson, I met him in Baton Rouge at a show he did back around 2001. Also, if you are a gun hunter and whitetail freak, Larry Weishuhn is pertty cool.

Undertaker!
September 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM
They have really cool video footage

Rhettro
September 4th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Look for their video " Primal Dreams". Won awards. Even good enough to convert non hunters into hunters.

Kip Manuel
September 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I spent a week with Barry in Canada last year.This guy is the real deal.While relaxing in the camp midday or evening he had great stories to tell all very intresting.His hunting experiences were real but no BS or bragging just a down to earth guy that had the life we all dream about.Kip

Vortex
September 5th, 2012, 09:14 AM
These guys are awesome!! Their video primal dreams is unbelievable!!!!!