Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > Black Spurs

Rate this Entry

The past two weeks in review

Posted July 14th, 2011 at 09:29 PM by Black Spurs

Since the March ultra and turkey season, I have slowly built my mileage back to what I consider a decent base of 50ish miles per week. I just reached that point a couple of weeks ago. And frankly, I jumped to 50+ mile weeks rather abruptly from 30 to 35 mile weeks, not my recommendation. But I figured since I had a good base before the March race and had been on a scheduled lower mileage cycle it might be okay. So far, it has been fine.

The last two weeks have been much more pleasant at this volume of mileage than they were when I first got to that point late last year. Really, the mileage isn't high, but relative to where my base was at this point last year (around 25 miles per week), it is significant. No noticeable soreness or aches are persistent. I can run a 15 miler followed by a ten miler the next day without being bed ridden for the following day. So, I would interpret that as a higher fitness level than this time last year, not that I was ever bed ridden. But I was certainly walking lightly after back to back hard efforts. Now, my quads, hams, and calves may have just a mild soreness that would normally be associated with what you might feel after a good weightlifting workout, a good soreness to remind you that you had worked out.

I may do a 5 Saturday morning, followed by a 20+ run on Sunday; take Monday off, do two 10's on Tuesday, rest Wednesday, and do two 10's again on Thursday for 65 miles and drop back to a 35 mile week the following week. I would really like to open up the 16 week cycle in good shape. Once it starts cooling off, I expect I should see some faster times on some of these longer run. I believe heat training really pays off when the air temps cool.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1685 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments