Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > Hi-wall

Rate this Entry

Hi-walls 2011 hunting season

Posted October 28th, 2011 at 04:22 PM by Hi-wall

Well after a 3 year absence, I lost my hunting land, and having given up on hunting I had some good luck. Back last spring a friend said if he got some property next to his I could hunt on it. I had forgotten about it till I got a call the 1st of Oct. Seems the old man, that owned the place, gave him the hunting rights in exchange for keeping the place up. it is in CRP trees and native grasses. The fire lanes and food plots have to be maintained.
By the time I got up there Danny had already cut the fire lanes and had made the food plot openings. I found me two good stand spots and proceeded to get them ready.
I got a Bid Dog tripod for one, it is a small opening in a wood lot. Danny disked me a food plot and I planted buck forage oats, chicory and turnips. We put up three more tripods and I have one spot for a ground blind.
Haven't been able to find much sign, due to the extreme drought, but there are some old trails.
The people that had it last year shot anything that moved so it may take a few seasons to get it built up
Between the two sites we have 595 acres for 5 hunters.
We have one more work day tomorrow then I am taking the GF's grandson on a youth hunt Sunday afternoon. I will be posting more from the season and also more of the tales of yesteryear.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2487 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments