Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > Black Spurs

1. Old Comment

New Mexico 2015 (Part II)

Later is probably better. However, even though these turkeys didn't work very well to a call, it was a great trip.
    Posted April 21st, 2015 at 01:57 PM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  2. Old Comment

New Mexico 2015 (Part II)

Awesome, turkeys are turkeys no matter what part of the country. I prefer to hunt later in the season on my out of state hunts as human and hen pressure is down. We will be planning our 2016 trip mid to later in season.
  3. Old Comment

Equinox Ultra (March 2015)

Nice run. I have often considering writing about my races but I do not have the writing skills required for a blog.
  4. Old Comment

Thank you, Mr. Warren. Coming from you, that means a lot.
    Posted March 23rd, 2015 at 02:38 AM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  5. Old Comment

Congratulations! I always enjoy reading about your running.
  6. Old Comment

Pinhoti 100 (2014)

Thanks Mr. Warren. I figured you would like that belt buckle.
    Posted November 14th, 2014 at 02:29 PM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  7. Old Comment

Pinhoti 100 (2014)

Awesome effort. Congratulations!!!
  8. Old Comment

Initial thoughts on Tailwind Nutrition

Run the race! Drink some water. I need to start running again for deer season. Hunters need to be in shape.
  9. Old Comment

Turkey Season 2014

Good post. Hunted our place in St. Helena and was unsuccessful. Very few to no turkeys spotted on hunts. Saw good groups during deer season but was disappointed this turkey season. Did not even see the hens which are usually on property in high numbers. I think weather played a big part with a slow season. I did hear neighboring property shoot and we did have one turkey harvest on property. Last day I hunted I left after coyotes began howling nearby. Thank goodness I was able to make a Texas hunt. Turkey hunting is by far the most addicting hunt. I am ready for next season.
  10. Old Comment

Misc. Ramblings and a Book Review

Book

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crawl79 View Comment
    Hey guys, I have searched for that book a few times. Best deal I could find is $90. You guys have any luck finding a cheaper copy? I would like to add this one to my collection but until I actually have a chance to look at it not sure if I am willing to pay that much for a copy.
    Wow. That is pricey. I wouldn't pay that much.
    Posted February 10th, 2014 at 12:53 PM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  11. Old Comment

Hey guys, I have searched for that book a few times. Best deal I could find is $90. You guys have any luck finding a cheaper copy? I would like to add this one to my collection but until I actually have a chance to look at it not sure if I am willing to pay that much for a copy.
  12. Old Comment

Focus

Yes. I agree. My focus is already on turkeys for next spring. I haven't been like this is in quite a few years. My other diversions are not nearly as strong as my desire to chase turkeys.
    Posted December 24th, 2013 at 03:42 PM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  13. Old Comment

Spurs: right on with the review of Morgan's book. I got a signed copy (signed back in 2002 or before Ken died, whichever came first) last year for Christmas. Just got done reading it for the 3rd or 4th time. I feel it is the quintessential book on turkey hunting in Louisiana.
  14. Old Comment

Halloween Night Trail Race

The results were posted. I was 10th male and 11th overall. I swear I thought that lady was a 3 mile runner. Anyway, the guy who won was turning out miles at about 5:13 per mile (31:08). How does anyone run that fast? The second guy was hitting around 5:20 per mile. I didn't see them when I got the count on the out and back for loop two. They had already finished the out and back and were down through the woods. And I think Eastwood was part of a team that ended up disqualified because they separated from each other. It was great night, and I am glad I chose to participate in the event. Thanks for reading.
    Posted October 29th, 2013 at 08:36 AM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  15. Old Comment

Thunderbird Trail Half Marathon

A hint at the surprise: I am hoping for a double whammy of sorts.
    Posted January 11th, 2013 at 09:26 PM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  16. Old Comment

Thanks. I have some pacing duties to do at Rocky Raccoon this year, 40 miles of it provided my brother gets the first 60 done. I think he will. I am very excited about helping him get that 100 miler done. I'll do a report, and I have a special surprise in a couple of months... Stay tuned. It will be good if you like these stories. Again, thanks for reading.
    Posted January 11th, 2013 at 09:25 PM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  17. Old Comment

Black Spurs, I always enjoy reading your blog about your races. Keep them coming for us please!

Lynn
  18. Old Comment

Race Plan/Race Strategy

Thanks. Lower back has been acting up a bit, but stretching and resting seem to be cutting into the effects of that. Only about 20 miles scheduled for this week, about 107 next week.
    Posted October 22nd, 2012 at 01:39 PM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  19. Old Comment

September is Gone

Band aids. You can't beat them. Even with body glide, I have had issues with that. It will ruin your day.
    Posted October 22nd, 2012 at 01:37 PM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  20. Old Comment

Race Plan/Race Strategy

Sounds like a solid game plan. I bet all of that pain you felt on the 90 degree day long run will pay off in spades when the weather is cooler and less humid in AL. I hope it goes well for you.