Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > No. 2

Rate this Entry

B.S. on T.V.

Posted May 26th, 2009 at 10:08 AM by No. 2

I'll be the first to admit that I LOVE the Outdoor Channel but there was something on there this morning that made me say enough is enough. These two clowns were hunting in Iowa and when I tuned in, were driving through a cut down corn field. They stopped in the middle of the road because they saw two deer walking through the field and one was a HUGE buck following a doe. They stepped out and talked about it and decided to do a spot and stalk. Now I said top myself "These deer must be about a 1/2-3/4 of a mile off"....nope, they were and estimated 400 yards. That was the time that b.s. came out of my mouth because around here, as soon as your truck came to a stop and your foot hit the dirt, you'd have seen two white tails going in the opposite direction. Then, the hunter makes a point to say that the wind was blowing about 30 MPH and it was going to be difficult. So he reaches in and grabs his weapon.....a bow.....hmmm difficult is going to be an understatement hoss. So these two hammer head strike out across this open field to try to get this freakin monster. They were using what little brush they could find as cover and got pretty close to the deer as they bedded down. Now I was thinking "OK, they're going to wait this buck out and get a shot at him coming out where they are or maybe slip to the other side of this little stand of woods and take him slipping out the other side"....nope hammer head #1 starts rattling. Doesn't work for the buck but it did make the doe leave and of course he followed. Now this is where I started thinking B.S 100%.....Theses two start running through the woods like two run-a-way convicts trying to cut this deer off. So they start climbing this ridge and when they get to the top, hammerhead #1 tells hammerhead #2 to get the camera on the buck. You could see the buck slipping from right to left through some brush and when he pops out he looks like he's maybe 30 yards. Now remember the wind is blowing hard......really hard.....like Oklahoma hard and this guy takes the shot......but its not 30 yards, its more like 50+ and drops this deer in his tracks. I thought he was shooting a bow? He was......missed his shoulder and hit the deer in the neck. I hope that a young hunter wasn't watching this program because now they'll think its ok to shoot like that. I won't take a shot better than 30 yards on a still day and I don't know many bow hunters that would take one farther than that. There are plenty of great shows on T.V. ( Ronnie Strictland has one about what went right during a hunt and what went wrong; QDMA has one also that is AMAZING with the info on there) but people need to remember that shows like the Drury Outdoors, Lee and Tiff, and Realtree Road Trips are made for T.V. Hunts like they have are not the normal everyday hunt that you'll get here in Louisiana and from what I've been told they really don't happen like that in the Mid-West. Use you "Outdoor Filter" when watching T.V. and enjoy it.....but don't expect it to happen to you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5426 Comments 6 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I agree some of these are way out but I can't say that I don't enjoy them all. There was one that came out last year that was better than all the rest. If I remember right I think it was called something like Bayou Bucks DVD.
  2. Old Comment
    Thats right, Professor......Bayou Bucks shows what all goes into hunting, from stem to stern. A total documentary of huntings highs and lows. Not just go to the woods and come out with ole big......and to see guys get excited over a doe is what its all about. THAT is hunting.....THAT is what makes it better than the rest. Like the kids say; "keepin it real". of course, Tiffany is nice to see hunting!
  3. Old Comment
    LMAO No2. I watch some of them just to see the big bucks. The places these "hammerheads" hunt is off limits to everyone but themselves. The deer are not pressured at all.
  4. Old Comment
    i like watching tiffany hunt myself! too bad she doesn't hunt in a camouflage bikini!!!lol
  5. Old Comment
    Oh sir but she did!!!! In Africa she was on an elephant and they were bow fishing and she was in a nice bikini!!! Google my friend, google....its worth your time!!!
  6. Old Comment
    Amen, No.2! I have been hunting with a bow since 1965 and I have never shot at a deer or turkey at over 25 or 30 yds. max. Shows like that make beginning bow hunters with the new powerful bows think that it's ok to shoot at a deer at 50 yds. cause the bow will kill him. I am a firm believer that if you aren't close enough to send an arrow completely through the animal then you should not shoot!
    Posted October 6th, 2009 at 09:32 AM by swampbottom swampbottom is offline