Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > Hitman

Rate this Entry

On Enhanced Interrogation

Posted December 9th, 2014 at 03:49 PM by Hitman

Shaking my head a lot here lately....

Enhanced interrogation techniques effectiveness
cannot be fully appreciated or understood
by those who lack the ability to comprehend
or the possibility to benefit from it directly and immediately.

Hence the reason I'm never surprised by peoples reactions and comments toward those things they know little if anything about.

My life and the lives of countless Service Members were saved by enhanced interrogation techniques. Seeing in color the full weight of combat in which the enemy can bring upon you.....will/would definitely change your perspective on what is and isn't necessary when lives are on the line.

I would not blink at the chance to interrogate an enemy combatant, however I needed to, on the battlefield in the heat of combat. Immediate intel taken from an enemy combatant before he can get his *self* together can be as vital as knowing where not to step in a mine field.

As a non-Service Member, it’s real hard to put yourself in that minefield.
When I hear these weasels on The Hill crying and whining about enemy combatants while simultaneous cutting the Military Budget to include Service Member COLA as well as benefits, I’m reminded of what the fictional Col. Jessop said in the Movie ‘A Few Good Men’ except I think if we changed the words some it would be relevant to the current topic at hand.

Quote:
“You can't handle the truth! People, we live in a world that has terrorist. And those terrorist have to be hunted down by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mrs. Senator Dianne Feinstein? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for enemy combatants and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that enhanced interrogation deaths, while tragic, saves lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. You want me to track, hunt down and terminate with extreme prejudice those terrorist that roam the night.
We use words like honor, courage and commitment...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a person who rises and sleeps under the blanket of freedom I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you're entitled to!”
Most Americans live in a fantasy land. Clueless to what it takes to live the lives they live every day. Mindless to the sacrifices necessary to keep it that way.

….and it sickens me to the core….
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7242 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I think it was stupid to release those documents. It is easy to determine what is right and what is wrong when you don't deal directly with the consequences. I feel this way, mostly, about news reporters who are clueless and have no responsibility outside of reading a teleprompter making judgments about the actions of police officers on the street and about soldiers on the ground in an environment that is unfathomable. But, I apply that same disgust to members of Congress who grand stand, like Feinstein.
    Posted December 10th, 2014 at 08:02 AM by Black Spurs Black Spurs is offline
  2. Old Comment
    AMEN !!!
  3. Old Comment
    I always knew that and believed it. I knew it was right when I first saw that movie too. I think we should put more emphasis on our own country and dump the money & time here. The rights that we grant allows the foreigners to roam unchecked, like the 911 gang. I was for the Patriot Act. I do believe that things are out of hand beyond what the framers envisioned. I never believed some old lady with beads around her neck should be making policy in the U.S..
    I think it is over with.
    Posted January 10th, 2015 at 05:12 AM by Lamplighter Lamplighter is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Thank You guys for reading and being awake in this day and age. We can't afford not to be.