Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > No. 2

Rate this Entry

9/11

Posted September 11th, 2009 at 08:30 AM by No. 2

8 Years. I remember driving down Hwy 2 going to work when I heard it on the radio. "Why did a plane hit a building? Must've been a novice pilot" I thought. When I got to work I saw it on T.V. My first words through the door were directed at a guy whose son was in the Army. "Is it bad Kurt?" I asked. "Yes" was all he said as he watched the events that day unfold on Fox News. He felt it was terrorism then. I was sitting here today thinking about that day and this thought hit me. My little girl just started saying her first sentences. What if there was a guy just like me; young wife, new babies, life he's always wanted, and the last words he heard his 19 month old daughter say was "I love you too, Da" as he walked out the door for work? Hurts me even to think about it. Just take a few minutes today guys, and say a prayer if you pray or if you not the praying kind, just think about the families who lost their worlds that day. Also, remember the men and women who keep it so that we can enjoy our civilian lives here in the best country in the world. Thanks for your time reading my thoughts.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4444 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Yes, I remember also. My wife woke me up and turned on the TV and a few minutes later the second plane hit. My thoughts were of terroism from the beginning. This event effected almost everyone in the world. Freedom is not that same as it was prior to that day. The cost is much higher.

I would like to express my thanks to all the men and women who are protecting our country. My prayers go out to all those effected by the insane act.
    Posted September 11th, 2009 at 08:59 AM by Professor T Professor T is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Well said. I too remember the feeling when it happened. The day has become bitter sweet as my nephew was born on this day 3 years ago. I am always pondering if he will ever grasp this significance of the events that occurred before he was born. Too all that have died and all that serve. GOD BLESS.
    Posted September 11th, 2009 at 11:14 AM by Pineywood_Rooter Pineywood_Rooter is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Guys I have replayed that day in my head a hundered times today. Sitting in Exxon Refinery BR trying to get out the gate and them not letting us go for fear of our safety on the outside!!! WHAT? Man we finally got out and home and the Magnitude set in when I turned on the TV. I have been flooded with emails today of pics of the events and those that followed and I'm proud that after the years past we still remember! Thanks for writing such a good Blog and believe me I will be saying my prayers and the prayers for the ones lost and serving our Great Nation.... God Bless
    Posted September 11th, 2009 at 01:29 PM by Teepagoux Teepagoux is offline