Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > Magnum

Rate this Entry

Deer Season is over or is it?

Posted March 9th, 2009 at 12:58 PM by Magnum

When you clean your rifles or put up your bow on the last day of season is really the best time to prepare for next season. The woods are open and trails are easy to find. Rubs are still fresh and scrapes still visible. In many parts of our state, the rut is still going. Now is the time to scout and make plans to harvest the bucks that made it through the season. Cutting shooting lanes, putting up stands, and scouting efforts will have you ready for next year. I have already put out my mineral licks, planted spring food plots, filled up my feeders, and bushhogged new areas where I found buck sign that occurred post season. With this being done, all I have to do is wait until next year and with minimal efforts, be prepared to hunt. I strictly trophy hunt now and that is a choice that I made years ago. Trophy deer that have survived a few seasons will not tolerate human intrusion. By scouting this time of year, even if I bump a big buck, he will have long forgotten by October. Now it's March and the big bass are biting, so doing alot of work in Feb. really paid off. With most of my work completed for next year, I can sit back and wait on the right wind. With a little luck and the right weather, I hope to add another addition to my trophy room.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3149 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Did you get that big deer from this past year shoulder mounted? If so, when you get it back try to post a pic. I know a few fella's here who'd love to see it.
  2. Old Comment
    No. 2
    The deer is at the taxidermist as we speak. I am doing a special 3D mount that is new and having a special plaque for the name tag that will include Bayou Bucks II on it. It should be ready in a couple of months. I will post a picture when I get it back. I haven't posted any pictures on this website, guess I should do that. I have a couple that are much larger than this buck, but getting this one on film, really makes him special to me. Will get it posted asap.