Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > Ricky Aucoin

Rate this Entry

3rd scouting trip

Posted August 17th, 2009 at 03:03 PM by Ricky Aucoin

I took my 3rd scouting trip down to the Delta this morning. Grass is extremely high and thick as expected at this time of year. Had a good bit of rain/tidal water onshore at places. If we can avoid any tidal surges, before Oct. 1, there are plenty of wild peas for them to eat.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5708 Comments 5 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Deer peas, the food of choice in the marshes
  2. Old Comment
    Is it a must to use a boat to hunt the delta? Moving to thibodeau in December to go to college down there, trying to scout my options in that area...
    Posted September 9th, 2009 at 08:36 PM by Sugcain04 Sugcain04 is offline
  3. Old Comment

Boat?

Yes it is about a 35 to 50 minute ride down the river to the Delta depending on the size of your motor.
    Posted September 9th, 2009 at 09:01 PM by Ricky Aucoin Ricky Aucoin is offline
  4. Old Comment
    I'm currently a college student (Nicholls)from Berwick and have hunted the Duck Lake area(spillway) most of my life. Plenty of deer there but very hard hunting. You just dont see the number of quality deer there due lack of deer management for extented number of years. I've done my fair share of duck hunting on the Delta but never any deer hunting. Any tips for someone new to the area? I know hunting the delta is all about getting away from everyone else. I was looking mostly to hunt marsh/woodline transitions.
    Posted September 15th, 2009 at 10:41 AM by MCBowBasher MCBowBasher is offline
  5. Old Comment
    The marsh/woodline transition is a very good technique to use at the Delta. You will find trails all along those areas and I try to catch them traveling to and from--early and late. It is very thick out there right now, plenty of browse but hard scouting. But you need to get out there and look around. Deer sign is everywhere, you just have to decide if the spots you want will be accessed by a lot of other guys. The harder it is to get to a spot, the better chance you will have of not being disturbed by other hunters. Good luck!
    Posted September 15th, 2009 at 11:53 AM by Ricky Aucoin Ricky Aucoin is offline