ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > Cajun83

Rate this Entry

Ready for my maiden season as a Bowhunter.

Posted August 16th, 2010 at 08:39 AM by Cajun83

I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Trying to run every possible scenario through my mind. Making sure my gear is ready and that I don't forget anything. Got the bow tuned and broadheads (NAP Hellrazors) hitting with fieldpoints out to fifty yards (although I am going to limit myself to 30 this season due to group size). Bought new camo ASAT 3D Leafy Suit, brand new Summit Goliath SS... making sure everything is in working order.

Looking at possible places to hunt. I have two pieces of private land that I am going to be hunting this season.

One is in Raceland, LA. My dad and I have been hunting there for years (family friend) and I have been invited to pretty much hunt when I want on the property. It is a very small tract and I have hunted out there before but I was never very serious about deer. Dad said he found a game trail that runs nearly the entire length of the property but it crosses over onto the adjacent property about half way down. Going to look into it.

The other piece of property is owned by a family friend just outside of Mansura, LA. Will be heading out there for the first time the last week of August to check it out. Would have liked to get out there sooner but my buddy just found out about it so we are doing what we can.

The jitters started the day I got my bow at the end of last year and it is getting closer every minute. Cannot wait for opening morning.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4104 Comments 6 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Best of luck this season with your bow. Like you, this will be my "maiden" season as well. Can't wait to see your kill photos and to read the story.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Creole View Comment
    Best of luck this season with your bow. Like you, this will be my "maiden" season as well. Can't wait to see your kill photos and to read the story.
    Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck to you as well. Hopefully I have a kill photo this year to share with the Bayou Buckers out there.
  3. Old Comment
    Just remember all the prep before the season is prep. Don't let the deer know you are there. Be aware of your scent. Don't touch anything with your hands in the area. I recommend the use of Southern Whitetail Hyper-P which is doe pee when she is not in estrous. It is not an attractant but a cover scent. Where a doe urinates it is generally a safe area. All the deer know that. It calms them down. May make a difference between just seeing a dee and getting a shot. Take a shower as close to just entering the woods as you can and use non scented deoderant.

Most important, enjoy the hunt. Killing is only a part of it. enjoy every minute in the stand. The deer will come in time. Watch and learn. Say a little prayer, He answered mine many times. Sometimes better than you can imagine.

Good luck and TAKE SOME PICTURES!!!!!!!!
    Posted August 18th, 2010 at 10:09 PM by Professor T Professor T is offline
  4. Old Comment
    good luck and great advice pro. T I think that 99% of the time if you dont see deer in Louisiana or they are out of range you have left are still leaving scent will try using a doe cover ive tried all kinds of scent killers and covers
    Posted August 21st, 2010 at 01:36 PM by guitar_playn_guru guitar_playn_guru is offline
  5. Old Comment
    Thanks for the advice! This site is the best.
  6. Old Comment

Mansura, La

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cajun83 View Comment
    Thanks for the advice! This site is the best.

How did things look near Mansura? I live work and hunt there and was just wondering?
    Posted October 26th, 2010 at 08:58 AM by bayougatorgirl bayougatorgirl is offline