Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > Bowhuntr74

Rate this Entry

My passion.

Posted July 15th, 2009 at 02:59 PM by Bowhuntr74

For the past several days my cell phone has started ringing regularly. The calls are not from my work or my part time business(Atv repair). "Can you cut and fletch some arrows for me?" "Do you have time to tie in a new peep and help me tune my bow?" The answer, without hesitation, is "yep bring it to me when ya can." My wife will tell you that since I went "bow only" around 8 years ago, it has become a "sickness". From August 1st until January 31st I live, eat, and sleep bowhunting. Whether its dealing with the headache of a bow that is being stubborn while I am trying to papertune it or dealing with the sweat running off of my nose while I am sighting in and practicing during August, it always seems to come with a smile. This year some opportunities are coming my way and I hope that my passion for bowhunting and the things that I have learned from fellow bowhunters will pay off. Good luck to all you bowhunters out there this season!!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3748 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hope you have a great season man!! Get ready...we're coming!!!
    Posted July 15th, 2009 at 07:25 PM by Deon Herpin Deon Herpin is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I admire folks like you how go stick and string all year. I'm going to try and hold out as long as I can this year before I break out my rifle. I am sooooo ready for season to start.
  3. Old Comment
    Passion, yes it's a passion. To me it just feels so much better to be sitting in a tree with a bow. Bow hunting changed me forever. I see more deer, and I don't have the urgency to shoot. Therefore I learn more and see more and more deer. I haven't given up the rifle but then again I haven't shot at a deer in the last couple of years with one.
    Posted July 17th, 2009 at 01:09 PM by Professor T Professor T is offline