Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > marsh dragon

Rate this Entry

What happened to my hunting buddy?

Posted October 21st, 2009 at 07:56 PM by marsh dragon

I know that when kids grow up they want to get away from their parents and become their own people. We all know that it was never cool when you were with your friends in high school to be around dad. But when hunting season came around dad was always there.
Well my life has now been changed, and made me think what's more important to me. We all get caught up in work and chasing that dollar, until life smacks you in the face. Well life got me good. I got a call around 9 pm Saturday night and was told that my 16 year son was involved in a bad crash on his dirt bike and was enroute to hospital. I flew out of the house and meet his step brother and mother, my ex. I found out that he was crossing a field and hit a t-post with a metal sign attached to it. It appeared that he had gotten in a fight with a mad man with a machete. Once the doctor came in of course daddy was left in the room to comfort him while he was getting his face stitched up. And believe me that's no easy task to watch your son in pain and there is nothing you can do for him. After all was done I sit back and think how bad it could have turned out, but thankful that he will be okay, just scarred, and a little wise on riding that bike. His first words to me were, " When I get better can we go hunting?" That's when I knew he was fine!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3817 Comments 12 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 12

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Glad he is going to be ok. Man, what a scare.
    Posted October 21st, 2009 at 08:38 PM by Addicted2huntin Addicted2huntin is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Sorry to hear that man, glad he's ok.
  3. Old Comment
    Me too, thanks! He's 16 but he's still my little boy, you know what I mean.
    Posted October 21st, 2009 at 09:49 PM by marsh dragon marsh dragon is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Glad he's OK. A year ago my 20 year old wound up upside down in a coulee and actually drowned but was brought back with CPR. I know what you feeling man.
  5. Old Comment
    When I was that age I had a similar accident and didn't realize the affect it has on the parents... I now have a son and can't imagine going through watching what you had to! Feel your pain man I'm glad he's ok! Get him in the woods with you dad and enjoy...
  6. Old Comment
    Not only that Teep. He ended up swallowing some water with a sewer treatment plant only 200 yards away and got a bacteria in his lungs. Stayed in the hospital for 10 days with three different "families" of antibodies being fed into him to stop the infection. They didn't even have time to culture the bacteria to find out what it was. They had to begin treatment with a "shotgun" appraoch as the doctor termed it.
  7. Old Comment
    Now that I'm a Daddy, I can see where a man would loose his mind if he lost a child. Glad your boy is doing better. When he gets around 21 or so, he'll be your hutnin buddy again I bet. Happened to me and my old man.
  8. Old Comment
    He's 21 now and you are right No. 2. Last year we shared a wood duck hunt him, my youngest and I. We hadn't hunted together in 4 years.
  9. Old Comment
    I hope he has a speedy recovery
    Posted October 22nd, 2009 at 07:13 PM by Bayou Buck Bayou Buck is offline
  10. Old Comment
    Thanks for all the comments and get well you guys are the best!
    Posted October 22nd, 2009 at 08:10 PM by marsh dragon marsh dragon is offline
  11. Old Comment
    So glad to know that all is gonna be ok! Hope ya'll get to the woods (or the marsh) and hunt together soon!
  12. Old Comment
    Hope he's ok and recovers quick. My little boy will be 3 next month and has been asking me when he's coming hunting with me. Can't wait to get him in the woods and in the boat....as soon as Mama says it's ok.
    Posted October 25th, 2009 at 07:36 AM by Turkey Ninja Turkey Ninja is offline