LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Blogs > JCFarms

Rate this Entry

Tribute To An Old Friend

Posted November 15th, 2009 at 09:25 PM by JCFarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFarms View Post
Well This was the Saddest Day By Far on the JC Farms Place.I write this with so many tears rolling down my face I cannot see the key board. I am Very Sad to say I just lost My Best Friend of 12 years. She is the Most Loved and Now the Most Missed Friend any body could have.
You see, She had been by my side everyday for 12 years. She was estimated to be 8 months to a year old when She came in my life. That makes Her 13. By my side everyday. Everyday She was waiting for me to grab my keys and holler lets go, or the tick tick sound I would make She was there ready to go.
Smart Beyond your wildest dreams. Knew our language like you and I, Those of you Who had been fortunate enough to have met her knows of the intelligence I speak of.
She not only hunted Squirrels, Retrieve woodies, and newspapers, but would go with me to check hog traps. If one (not too big) would get out She was there to catch it till I could get it under control.
She was with me on my trips back Home to Indiana.
She was with me on my trips to Oklahoma.
She rode with me in my tractor cutting and raking and bailing hay.
She was with me on the jacked up golfcart (mud buggy) when we would go riding in the woods checking feeders for the deer.
She was with me everyday greeting customers at work, So smart when She went out to pee She would knock on the door She was so used to going in and out of if we were too busy to open it I would holler 'Go around" and She would be at the front door where someone would let her in.
Please Jesus I need you! Lord I Need Strength!
I don't know how I'm gonna make it to work now, She was part of me!
You See , Goldielocks "Goldie" was more than just a Dog. She is my best friend, The four legged Love of my life!!
I LOVE YOU GOLDIE as only you really know Goldie. I Miss you!!
I have this brand new "old " gun I bought 15 or so years ago and never shot it. Machine Grade Winchester Super X Model one..1 of 500 Mississippi Flyway # 136. I Shot it today Girl Just For You.
I Shot my Gun
Just for you!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3028 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    What a tribute to a great companion JC! What a wonderful tribute to a great loyal friend, the kind that all of us need in our lives. I'm crying with you.
  2. Old Comment
    I'm sorry for your loss. To have a friend like that just once in your life is a gift and a priviledge that only God can give us. While I know you are feeling bad at the moment, the joy of having known her will soon over shadow the grief.

I wish you the best during this time of sorrow.
    Don
    Posted November 16th, 2009 at 08:05 AM by Professor T Professor T is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Sorry to hear about that , I got one that will go anywhere or do anything you ask of him , his age is starting to show , Ive been taking pictures of him which I never did with other dogs. When times get tuff and no one else listens , I can sit on the steps and Jesse seems to understand.
    Posted November 17th, 2009 at 02:30 PM by Cypress Creek Slayer Cypress Creek Slayer is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Very touching. Thanks for posting. At least we'll always have the great memories.