Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Deer Hunting

Deer Hunting Louisiana's Elite Deer Hunting Community

Old August 13th, 2018
Horn Stars

We used to put in for the 2nd lottery hunt and 1 year we did not get drawn so we went for the primitive weekend. We have done this now for the past 3 seasons. There seems to be more and more people there that weekend I guess because it's open to everyone and the newer "primitive" weapons are fairly widespread now.

We spoke to a game warden last year and he told us that the 1st lottery hunt had 1200 spots and only had 900 applicants so everyone was drawn. We decided to give that one a try this year. We mainly go for the fellowship and sharing deer camp but every now and then we manage to kill something.
Old August 13th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarnevale32 View Post
I’ve hunted both lottery hunts (1st lottery 2 years ago and 2nd lottery last year) and primitive weekend. First lottery has far less people but not as much movement. Last year I heard the breakdown was something like 500 people drawn for 1st lottery and 1500-2000 for 2nd. Last years primitive weekend and 2nd lottery hunts were packed for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have hunted the primitive and the 2nd gun hunt for years. We always seem to see people on the road but never run into anyone in the woods. We typically hunt over a mile back. Our success is almost 100% but we see deer. Pass deer. I personally never shot one last yr but saw some. About 100,000 acres lf woods. There is plenty room.
Old August 13th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Killer 86 View Post
We have hunted the primitive and the 2nd gun hunt for years. We always seem to see people on the road but never run into anyone in the woods. We typically hunt over a mile back. Our success is almost 100% but we see deer. Pass deer. I personally never shot one last yr but saw some. About 100,000 acres lf woods. There is plenty room.

Last year 2bd lottery I had 1 guy walk right past me and went about 250 yards north and another about 250 yards to the south. Both killed at first light.

Old August 13th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Killer 86 View Post
Last season one of my buddies shot a mainframe 7pt with split browtine making him an 8pt scored 145” and weighed 265 lbs. 4 of us went back for the 2nd lottery and lined up 600yrds apart and in 2 days we saw 40 deer. One buddy shot nice 8pt and I let a nice 9 walk as I wasn’t gonna wing a shot with him running. We were over 2 miles deep one way.
Old August 15th, 2018
Executive Member
Apostles of Ardennes
Visit Undertaker!'s YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussBowz View Post
You may want to read the regulations, I do not think you can bow hunt during the lottery weekends. Look at the archery season description on the page next to the map.

https://www.fws.gov/southeast/pdf/re...efuge-hunt.pdf
I wasn't talking about bow hunting during the lottery. I'm going before the lottery hunt and scout. If we don't get picked I'm still going to hunt and scout in October and November.
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2018

There is no deer in Tensas!!
Old August 24th, 2018

More people than deer.

Kind of scary in those woods!!

Old August 25th, 2018

That place use to be great in the 90's and before that from some of the older generation stories. Being near it you only heard about the big ones at the local store if you were lucky. Was very hush, and with social media today's world is anything but that. Bunch of people go there with hopes of killing that giant but shoot the first spike or basket that gives them the opportunity. Personally know someone who has done this going in 6 yrs now. He still telling himself that he gonna get that big one and he might, but gonna be harder with his trigger happy finger. Think the progress of technology and how easy it is to spread news around is responsible for the migration of hunters to that diamond in the rough refuge. So good luck to all and that venture there this year.
Old August 25th, 2018
Board of Directors

Quality’s Post

Right on accurate. It suffers from sociological trends.
Old August 25th, 2018
Board of Directors
Backstrap Bloodhounds

There’s allot to be said for, Don’t ask don’t tell policy.