Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Public Hunting Land Profiles > General Public Lands Discussion > Tensas River NWR

Tensas River NWR 64,012 Acres: Madison, Tensas, & Franklin Parishes

Old September 13th, 2018
Board of Directors
Default Poached Courville Buck

Took the wife to HQ this morning. Showed her the night hunted buck, et al.

They setting up for kid day.
Old September 13th, 2018

Both my brothers and their kids and Dad going stay at the campbtooorrow night. They going to attend and try and get my brothers oldest son drawn for the hunt. The rest of the kids to young. We already for the season. Camp is clean and ready to go.
Old September 14th, 2018
Default Poached Courville Buck

Youngest daughter and I will be heading that way early tomorrow morning. Going to try and get her drawn for the lottery hunt as well. She killed her first deer, a good doe, last year during the youth weekend. She wants a buck this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 14th, 2018

It's a shame the poaching scenario. Hopefully he learned and is a brand new man. Unfortunately poachers will always be around. The most dangerous ones are the ones who don't know the true definition of poaching, and not realizing what they are doing.
Old September 14th, 2018
Board of Directors

I doubt it. Once that disease of Look at me front page gets in you, they’ll do whatever it takes to be the “ Star “

LOL ! “. I passed on a good one yesterday , and he was coming toward my stand. I drew the Matthews ..... “

More like “ hold the light still “
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2018

Smh, pisses me off, between poachers, 6 deer tags per hunter, does being shot after they bred, the new “primitive” rifles, and crossbows won’t be long before our natural resources aka deer hunting is gone forever
Old October 7th, 2018

To the comment above, in my opinion a doe getting shot is a doe getting shot. If you need to balance the population then do so. The doe you shot pre rut could have potentially been your best genetic producer in the area. There is no way to know what kind of genes the doe is contributing. Also, the doe shot pre rut would have been bred, and the one you shot after could be bred. Really no difference in it. Which way being choosen has the same results at the end. The only thing when it comes to shooting does is to make sure the job is done. I personally lay off of them during the rut only.
Old October 7th, 2018

I stop shooting them after November myself
Old October 7th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeRunna View Post
Smh, pisses me off, between poachers, 6 deer tags per hunter, does being shot after they bred, the new “primitive” rifles, and crossbows won’t be long before our natural resources aka deer hunting is gone forever
Agreed on the "primitive" weapons. However, for some of us, due to injuries the crossbow has allowed us to continue hunting in archery season. I'm only 44 an have more metal in my right shoulder than a scrap yard. I haven't shot an animal with a rifle in years. Plus between Tensas and Thistlewaite there are very few areas where I'd be able to shoot over 40 yards no matter what weapon I use.

I worry about these new Ravin and Ten Point bows advertising 100 yd groups of 2 inches. A lot of people are going to drop some major coin on them and start trying to make 100 yd shots and wounding a lot of animals.
Old October 7th, 2018

Louisiana needs to change tagging laws in my opinion. Separate the season tags. So you get one primitive buck tag, one rifle buck tag, and one archery buck tag. Another option would be to just issue less. The first option would have a better chance of happening. If they change the tagging laws it could help, but that would take enforcing the laws. Also would take hunters finally saying enough with the poaching of any animal in or out of season. They would have to start reporting more instead of turning their head to it. Change the hunting practices being passed down to the next generation is step one.

Referring to the weapons topic I believe more accurate weapons are a plus. Should equal to more clean ethical shots. The same people forcing shots through brush and other unethical shots are going to be the same people trying with these newer more accurate weapons. It's not the weapons fault, it's the users fault. No matter the weapons it's gonna exist.