Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Deer Hunting

Deer Hunting Louisiana's Elite Deer Hunting Community

Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest1 View Post
I have been knowing him since he was just out of diapers and I know all his family very well, he's a good guy otherwise.......except when it comes to hunting.....

Just about every member of his family has a history of game violations!!!!!!!!!

I heard the story about shooting the big one first and not finding it and then shooting the 6 pt. and going recover the 15 point the next morning......

I also heard another story which I would tend to believe.

BTW: that story is that both deer were shot after legal shooting time, and not just 5 or 10 minutes after, way after...and while I'm not that familier with Lake O, someone that is saw the photos and said that that is in the Restricted /No Hunting area of Lake O!!!!!!!!!

Also, one does not consistently kill large deer like this year in year out like this guy does and does it all legally!!!!!!

That's my take on it....

Lol itís people like you that believe anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou Boys View Post
Lol itís people like you that believe anything!

Well, I have known this family all my life and I'm in my 60's, I know his daddy very well, his granddad very well and I knew his great grandfather as well as his brothers and uncles.......so I do know a "little" about the family....
Old 6 Days Ago

That is two nice bucks. Lake O making a comeback!
Old 6 Days Ago

Here is my question....if the guy in fact found both deer, why did he take out the smaller 1 and leave the significantly larger of the 2 in the woods until the next day? Doesnt add up...I think he would of taken the largest deer out? Maybe there is some truth to the story and it's a terrible situation. How many hunters have failed to recover a deer, and gotten back on stand and continued to hunt?
Old 6 Days Ago
Default Lake Ophelia news

Quote:
Well, I have known this family all my life and I'm in my 60's, I know his daddy very well, his granddad very well and I knew his great grandfather as well as his brothers and uncles.......so I do know a "little" about the family....

I never said you donít know him or his family. Itís obvious that your jealous of his ability to find big deer and harvest them. The pics were in fact taken in the legal area. At least 80% of that place is CRP and thatís whatís in the back ground. And to think he killed it at night. Besides seeing them on a road how in the world do you think he killed them with a bow in the woods on public ground at night? I guess next your gonna say he feeds too? Heís by far the best hunter I know. Kills more bigger deer than anyone I know. He made a mistake. A mistake that Most on this site would have made if we were in his shoes. If you think he purposely knew he killed both why wouldnít he of got is dad to tag one? Why wouldnít he brought the bigger deer out first? Sad thing is if it was two spikes nothing would have been said but being itís two studs jealousy kicks in. Iím not saying what he did was right but know the facts before getting behind the keyboard!

Sponsored Links
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
I never said you donít know him or his family. Itís obvious that your jealous of his ability to find big deer and harvest them. The pics were in fact taken in the legal area. At least 80% of that place is CRP and thatís whatís in the back ground. And to think he killed it at night. Besides seeing them on a road how in the world do you think he killed them with a bow in the woods on public ground at night? I guess next your gonna say he feeds too? Heís by far the best hunter I know. Kills more bigger deer than anyone I know. He made a mistake. A mistake that Most on this site would have made if we were in his shoes. If you think he purposely knew he killed both why wouldnít he of got is dad to tag one? Why wouldnít he brought the bigger deer out first? Sad thing is if it was two spikes nothing would have been said but being itís two studs jealousy kicks in. Iím not saying what he did was right but know the facts before getting behind the keyboard!

No not jealous of him at all or what he kills, I kill 2 deer a year because thatís what we eat at home....

ďI guess next your gonna say he feeds them toĒ. So glad you brought that up, do yourself a favor and ask the game wardens at Lake Ophelia how many times they have ticketed him for hunting over bait???? Ask them how many citations he has gotten while hunting Lake Ophelia in the last 5 years and report back here with your findings!!!!!!

Facts you ask for: the paper reported the incident and the charges, the 15 pt deer was not tagged and he was cited for that also, I also heard the story from his dad, at least the story they are going with, I think thatís a pretty good source considering his dad was hunting with him that evening!!!!

According to him, he shot the 15 pt first and found his arrow and though he missed the deer, got back on his stand and then shot the 6 pt that fell within his sight,tagged the 6 pt and they came out with the deer..
Thinking he couldnít have missed a easy 30 yard shot on the 15 pt, the next morning calls a buddy to go with him and look one more time, they found the deer about 200 yards away and loaded it up and brought it out, no sooner they get home than the game wardens drive up and investigate and he ended up confessing.

If everything happened this way, why didnít he get his buddy to tag the deer?

How did the game wardens just just happen to drive up minutes after he got home?

A lot more to the story that you donít know and never will....
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
No not jealous of him at all or what he kills, I kill 2 deer a year because thatís what we eat at home....

ďI guess next your gonna say he feeds them toĒ. So glad you brought that up, do yourself a favor and ask the game wardens at Lake Ophelia how many times they have ticketed him for hunting over bait???? Ask them how many citations he has gotten while hunting Lake Ophelia in the last 5 years and report back here with your findings!!!!!!

Facts you ask for: the paper reported the incident and the charges, the 15 pt deer was not tagged and he was cited for that also, I also heard the story from his dad, at least the story they are going with, I think thatís a pretty good source considering his dad was hunting with him that evening!!!!

According to him, he shot the 15 pt first and found his arrow and though he missed the deer, got back on his stand and then shot the 6 pt that fell within his sight,tagged the 6 pt and they came out with the deer..

Thinking he couldnít have missed a easy 30 yard shot on the 15 pt, the next morning calls a buddy to go with him and look one more time, they found the deer about 200 yards away and loaded it up and brought it out, no sooner they get home than the game wardens drive up and investigate and he ended up confessing.

If everything happened this way, why didnít he get his buddy to tag the deer?

How did the game wardens just just happen to drive up minutes after he got home?

A lot more to the story that you donít know and never will....

So now you have two stories? I donít know the penalties for Lake O but Iím sure there not gonna allow you to continue to hunt there if they keep writing you tickets for feeding. I might be wrong tho. Either way Iím done arguing with you tho. You go from from one story to another.

Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
So now you have two stories? I donít know the penalties for Lake O but Iím sure there not gonna allow you to continue to hunt there if they keep writing you tickets for feeding. I might be wrong tho. Either way Iím done arguing with you tho. You go from from one story to another.

well yes, I guess you say can two stories: The official one from the game wardens and the one that came straight from his daddy's mouth, you tell me which one is the truth..

Check with the game wardens and find out for yourself how any times he's been issued citations on Lake Ophelia.......no need for me to tell you as you do not believe a word I say, find out for yourself...

I'll not post anymore on the subject here either, but if you would like, feel free to PM me and I continue the discussion.
Old 6 Days Ago
Executive Member
Swamp Rogues

Quote:
well yes, I guess you say can two stories: The official one from the game wardens and the one that came straight from his daddy's mouth, you tell me which one is the truth..

Check with the game wardens and find out for yourself how any times he's been issued citations on Lake Ophelia.......no need for me to tell you as you do not believe a word I say, find out for yourself...

I'll not post anymore on the subject here either, but if you would like, feel free to PM me and I continue the discussion.
What, don’t stop now! Bayou Bucks hasn’t had a busy thread like this in a while.

Well if the ole boy didn’t do anything shady (which guest1 states this fella does all the time) then I hope he can get his deer back. If he did do something shady then throw the book at him. Maybe if his other citatations (allegedly) would have been harsher then he wouldn’t have been able to hunt there. Nice fella or not if your an outlaw then your an outlaw in my book. Yes I know some nice outlaws also, I try not to associate with them.

Would like to hear the game wardens version and how they were tipped off.
Old 6 Days Ago

An may I ask, whom is guest1? 😂