Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Duck Hunting

Duck Hunting Whenever They Make it This Far South

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Smh, ducks just donít migrate here anymore no matter what we do in Louisiana they wonít come here because they donít have to no more, heated crop fields that donít ice etc, we have the same feed we had thatís not the issue, the issue is other states stopping the natural migration of a federal animal!
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Killer 86 View Post
Ducks used to migrate because they had to. Now they donít have to. When everything up north freezes over like ponds and crop fields the birds have no choice but to find food. So they migrate south.
Ice machines is something people put in a pond and it has a prop on it and it turns the water. Keeps the water moving so that it wonít freeze. Heated ponds up north wonít freeze. Its things like this that keep the birds north instead of coming south.
That you guys think this really makes any kind of significant impact is quite funny and somewhat sad. But please donít stop posting, I always enjoy a good laugh
Old 1 Week Ago

Initially it doesnít make a huge difference. Itís the long term where it counts. When ducks migrate they imprint to the younger birds to migrate and places to go. So as the yrs go fewer and fewer birds migrate. Iím not saying it makes a huge difference in how many birds come down but it does make a difference. Pair that with the declining duck numbers almost 10million birds down in 3 yrs then you have a recipe for less birds coming down. Go ahead and laugh. Itís my opinion backed with some slight research. Not much but I feel like itís a worthy hypothesis to state. I also still feel strongly about getting rid of electronics in the field for duck hunting. Thatís just my opinion.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Killer 86 View Post
Initially it doesnít make a huge difference. Itís the long term where it counts. When ducks migrate they imprint to the younger birds to migrate and places to go. So as the yrs go fewer and fewer birds migrate. Iím not saying it makes a huge difference in how many birds come down but it does make a difference. Pair that with the declining duck numbers almost 10million birds down in 3 yrs then you have a recipe for less birds coming down. Go ahead and laugh. Itís my opinion backed with some slight research. Not much but I feel like itís a worthy hypothesis to state. I also still feel strongly about getting rid of electronics in the field for duck hunting. Thatís just my opinion.
Good post right here . I agree on the electronics. I hope you have a great second split