Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > General Outdoor Discussion

General Outdoor Discussion Archery, Shooting, Game Management, Gear, Camping, etc.

Old January 9th, 2019
Executive Member
Default Pig Attack,WARNING GRAPHIC!

And the translation about the attack is pretty scattered too!!

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=3YdR_1547076797

Be careful out there!
Old January 9th, 2019
Board of Directors
Backstrap Bloodhounds
Exclamation

Wow! That is a good reminder to respect the pork!
Old January 10th, 2019

Couldnít get the video but the pictures showed me enough. Man thatís bad.
Old January 10th, 2019
Executive Member
Bad Country Snipers

I had one charge me three times about three years back. It was dark, 5 ish in the morning and muzzleloader. I was walking up to a tree I wanted to set up a stand in and he came from behind. I turned and he would back off. Each time I turned my back to him he would start to charge again. The third time I had had enough and warden or not I decided to blast him. Couldn’t see him in the scope though so I didn’t shoot. It was erie because each time i tried looking in the scope I didn’t know where he was so I would put my gun down So I could locate him again. Anyway nothing happened he ran off after that. I’ve seen a bunch of hogs and that was the only time one was aggressive. He was young too, maybe 80 to 100lbs. Had another time same refuge had hogs all around that just weren’t going away. I really didn’t want to give my spot away so to speak. Waited a good while till after dark to get down. I could hear them all around but they just weren’t worried about me that evening. Normally they would just run. I was a little unnerved that they wouldn’t leave but no issues.

Another time a bud I was with we were tracking blood from a buck he just shot. It was a crazy day as the Mississippi River had frozen over in the woods but the water had dropped about a foot over night. Ice crashing all over, made for easy tracking though. Anyway we heard some hogs grunting in the brush ahead. We nodded in silence at each other and proceeded to go after them. It was utter madness as there were a lot of them. We each managed to get 4 or 5 shots off with a muzzleloader. I shot 5 times if I remember right. I’m still amazed we could get that many shots off. They were just everywhere running every which way. Couldn’t tell you how many there were. Very unpredictable creatures. We wound up losing the buck, tracked blood directly to the river. Never saw him but were unable to track any further.