Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Turkey Hunting

Turkey Hunting The Most Challenging Game

Old April 4th, 2019
Bayou Bucks Pro Correspondent
Default Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonbilla View Post
Couple years ago I was on a bird and got there bout an hour before daylight. The brid was roosted right off a road. I parked about a mile from him and was walking to where i wanted to set up and a guy drove past me when i got there the truck was parked where he was roosted. An old man and a kid were there. The old man said "there was one in this tree right here last weekend" i just shook my head and walked back to my truck.
I know of people who have done things like that before but on some private. They talked the landowner's grandson into letting them go in there. Lucky for me, I had already finished up that season. The guy who ran cows on the place told me what they did. That was a great place to hunt, even when you had to deal with random craziness and regular trespassing.
Old April 27th, 2019

They were in full force this morning. Hunted a different WMA and the owl hootin started at 5:55 am. Didn't hear any gobbling this morning. So Duckologist and I are standing by my tailgate after a long walk back to the road. We hear someone scratch a plastic box call out his truck, when nothing answers he gave the ole desperate hail HOONNKK. Couldn't help but bust out laughing and just shake my head. Then after nothing answered his truck horn he came around the corner. I'm sure he was surprised when he came around and saw us laughing at his ignorance. So later I went back to where I'd seen some sign. Bout a mile walk down a trail from the road. Buddy and I both parked at the trail head. 2 trucks! After we got in and set up calling a bit, about 45 minutes in we hear something and theres a truck riding down the trail to us. He had to go around 2 vehicles to get there and still never occured to him someone may be back there. When I stood up he turned around and hauled tail. **** I was just gonna ask him for a ride back to my truck since he done ruined our hunt. And what is flabbergasting to me is THAT'S the majority of the hunting population here. It just blows my mind how people can be truly that dumb and still be alive.
Old April 27th, 2019
Board of Directors

Blame it on TV. Didnít have those problems back when T. Hunting was not trending.
Old April 27th, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
Blame it on TV. Didnít have those problems back when T. Hunting was not trending.
I blame it on coddling the idiots and not letting natural selection do it's job.
Old April 27th, 2019

You are going to deal with it wherever you go. I have hunted numerous states and public land in most of those states. I used to live inside the boundaries of Jackson Bienville WMA and knew the place well. I have hunted the Winn, Corney, and Middlefork Bottom areas of Kisatchie National Forest.
The average public hunter in Louisiana is no better or worse than other areas. The thing that does make Louisiana more difficult to hunt is the sheer numbers of folks who hunt. The greater the number of hunters, the more slob hunters you will see.
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2019
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
You are going to deal with it wherever you go. I have hunted numerous states and public land in most of those states. I used to live inside the boundaries of Jackson Bienville WMA and knew the place well. I have hunted the Winn, Corney, and Middlefork Bottom areas of Kisatchie National Forest.
The average public hunter in Louisiana is no better or worse than other areas. The thing that does make Louisiana more difficult to hunt is the sheer numbers of folks who hunt. The greater the number of hunters, the more slob hunters you will see.
I have to disagree I’ve hunted more than 20 states and I can say hands down the dumbest, and most lazy hunters I’ve ever seen were in Louisiana. Try hunting a state like Ohio or Pennsylvania you’ll see what high hunter numbers are. Still even with all those people you don’t see the garbage thrown all over the woods or complete lack of any hunting abilities. The average La hunter is too stupid to know he can’t hunt he just keeps plugging away with the same stupid tactics with hundreds of books and now YouTube showing people exactly what to do. Come Saturday morning some idiot will be honking a truck horn or box calling from the truck guaranteed. What’s so funny some of them no doubt are on this forum read what people have posted and still keep doing it.
You can’t fix stupid. I’ve said for years it’s a combination of inbreeding and well water.
Old April 28th, 2019
Board of Directors

I would say very few of those people exist on this forum.
When bb members used to post turkey kills, opening morning lit this forum up with kills. People here for the most part know what they are doing.

There were a few though- i give you that. But with over 8000 posts, i’d say we know whos who here. 32 posts , one has not been here enough to know.
Old April 28th, 2019
Banned
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
I would say very few of those people exist on this forum.
When bb members used to post turkey kills, opening morning lit this forum up with kills. People here for the most part know what they are doing.

There were a few though- i give you that. But with over 8000 posts, iíd say we know whos who here. 32 posts , one has not been here enough to know.
8000 posts of completely stupid comments most of which donít even make sense. Old man your a washed up never was, you arenít even a has been.
Your just exactly the kind of idiots Iím talking about. Me and a few others are stating facts. Garbage all over the woods morons driving around people to save a 1/4 mile walk. Waiting till full daylight to decide they want to turkey hunt and then drive the dirt roads like itís Talledaga. This ainít opinion and this has nothing to do with forum posts itís about stupid people like you.
Old April 28th, 2019
Board of Directors

Ah ha, good demonstration . Multiple forum rule violations too.
Old April 28th, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipshunt View Post
I have to disagree Iíve hunted more than 20 states and I can say hands down the dumbest, and most lazy hunters Iíve ever seen were in Louisiana. Try hunting a state like Ohio or Pennsylvania youíll see what high hunter numbers are. Still even with all those people you donít see the garbage thrown all over the woods or complete lack of any hunting abilities. The average La hunter is too stupid to know he canít hunt he just keeps plugging away with the same stupid tactics with hundreds of books and now YouTube showing people exactly what to do. Come Saturday morning some idiot will be honking a truck horn or box calling from the truck guaranteed. Whatís so funny some of them no doubt are on this forum read what people have posted and still keep doing it.
You canít fix stupid. Iíve said for years itís a combination of inbreeding and well water.
Well I guess we just have different perspectives on people. Most trash I have ever seen in the woods was just north of Deadwood in the Black Hills. I will give ya that turkey hunting in Louisiana is definitely tougher than any place I have hunted, but there are several other factors at play such as fewer birds and many more hunters. Years ago when I was a little more creative, I took advantage of my father in laws abundance of used cars for sale and started parking cars around midnight at a gated road in the Kisatchie National Forest where I had a bird scouted out. Opening morning when I pulled up, I was the sixth vehicle and I was the one that parked them all. That's what it took to keep someone else from coming in there. Trust me, I am well acquainted with Lousiiana Public hunting.