Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Deer Hunting

Deer Hunting Louisiana's Elite Deer Hunting Community

Old December 23rd, 2018
Default Ozonics?

Any of you use an Ozonics in Louisiana? How does it work for you?
Old December 24th, 2018
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinbull View Post
Any of you use an Ozonics in Louisiana? How does it work for you?
Gimmick, hunt the wind.
Old December 24th, 2018

Always hunt the wind even if you have one. I personally have one and it comes in handy when deer try to work down wind of you. Depending on the tactic used. Last week I killed an average 130" 6.5 year old. Deer had history with last year so he was a special harvest for me. Was hunting tight to the bedding area on really windy conditions with perfect wind direction. Based on the dots I been connecting figured they would hanging tight to the bedding area. Early morning a mature buck worked his way out to edge of the bedding and lays down. Head down and all, he was out. He stayed this way for 2.5 hrs. Getting close to time I had to get down figured I had to make something happen risk spooking or sit be late with the consequence of upsetting a few people. So a few grunts no luck he and was out cold. So a few minutes later I hit a short wheeze, I knew this was a mature deer so it could spark his interest considering the time of year. Soon as I finished he stood up within a minute and was looping around staying in semi thick cover. With his head in air trying to wind what made the sound he stops about 70 yards out in perfect opening directly down wind. By this time I knew who he was and was able to successfully harvest him.

So that being said without ozonics, would he have busted me in the 20 minutes he was caught up downwind of me? Isn't first time I had success story with it. I only use it depending on where I'm hunting and if I think a deer could work downwind of me. Still having wind direction in mind. If I know that situation is impossible I leave it at home. If I'm hunting over food source and I know one particular path of travel and destination then it's either correct wind or nothing. It will stay at home. Always hunt correct wind no matter. I do trust it to buy me a few extra minutes not hours.
Old January 13th, 2019

I have an ozonics and the scentloc cylinder version that came out this year.
Iíve been hunting with ozonics for 4 years now. In Louisiana and Midwest.
The only way Iím 100 % confident in it is when Iím hunting in a box.
Been busted many times with it bow hunting from a loc on.
And my scent control is about the best possible. Clothes ozoneís in a tote, shower before hunting , and ozone machine. Ever calm as cover scent.
If they get a strong enough whiff. Itís game over. Period.
Iíve gotten to where I only use it from a box stand. It will disperse in your box stand and kill most odor before it leaves the down wind side.
Old 1 Week Ago

Well I bought one and on the first hunt I tried it, I had 4 deer at different times feed downwind of me within 20 yards and only 1 even acted different. It new something wasnít right and came to within about 8 yards. It didnít spook, just fed away. So far I like it. Let my brother borrow it and he had several cross downwind of him and none spooked. This was in Illinois.
Sponsored Links
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinbull View Post
Well I bought one and on the first hunt I tried it, I had 4 deer at different times feed downwind of me within 20 yards and only 1 even acted different. It new something wasnít right and came to within about 8 yards. It didnít spook, just fed away. So far I like it. Let my brother borrow it and he had several cross downwind of him and none spooked. This was in Illinois.
My training base for the navy is based in Illinois. I could smell like the bar, cigarette smoke, body odor, alcohol, fart, burp, talk, hollar as loud as I can. The deer up there pay no mind to human activity. Sometimes I could have darn near scratched a trophy bucks head if I chose to. This was the same off base as well. So until ozonics makes a video on Louisiana public land with proof of deer coming down wind, I donít buy into the marketing. If it is such a great product, the cartel would be using to cross drugs across the border to beat a dogs nose. A deer can smell better than a dog so I call bs. I will save my money and hunt the wind.