Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > General Outdoor Discussion

General Outdoor Discussion Archery, Shooting, Game Management, Gear, Camping, etc.

Old August 9th, 2017
Default Boot Recommendation?

My practically new Lacrosse Aerohead boots are two seasons old and are leaking. Not what I was expecting after paying $150 brand new. Very comfortable however they were not that warm to me. Used wicker socks and smart wool for those cold days. After spending that much money on a boot that didn't last that long, Academy has a Muck boot knock off. What is the opinion of the Game Winner brand of boots? Especially if a premium brand didn't come through for me. Love my non insulated Lacrosse hip boots by the way.
Old August 10th, 2017

The academy ones usually last a season or two. Seems boots today don't last but a couple seasons max. I usually buy them on clearance at the end of the season because I'm cheap.
Old August 10th, 2017
Board of Directors

I bought some mucks three seasons ago and think they will last one more. I always have problems with cold feet no matter what boot I wear and just started wearing 80% wool socks over a thin ankle sock and they seem to be ok in very cold temps. They are very comfortable and slip on and off easily. I did see some lacrosse alpha's at stines in Youngsville for half price and was thinking about getting a pair for a back up and use while working in the woods but they seem to not last at all. Regular price is 120 and can walk out the door with them for 60.
Old August 10th, 2017

If you want to get your money out of the deal, I would suggest calling Lacrosse warranty and tell them your boots are leaking. I got a pair of Alphaburly Pro 2 seasons ago and while turkey hunting in Missouri this spring the top neoprene area at the strap ripped. I called and explained to Lacrosse and they had me send them the boots and they sent me a new replacement pair for free.

As for cold feet. I don't get insulted boots cause it can be -20 degrees and my feet will still sweat like a mule. I try to use the microfiber socks and that wool stuff when it's cold. I'm contemplating getting the thermocell electric feet warmers
Old August 10th, 2017

I have have the Lacross 4x Alpha Snake Boots for going on 3 seasons. I use them to work in the summer and to hunt with. They are a very tough and durable boot! I have been through a lot of boots in the past but really like these.
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBuckMan70 View Post
If you want to get your money out of the deal, I would suggest calling Lacrosse warranty and tell them your boots are leaking. I got a pair of Alphaburly Pro 2 seasons ago and while turkey hunting in Missouri this spring the top neoprene area at the strap ripped. I called and explained to Lacrosse and they had me send them the boots and they sent me a new replacement pair for free.

As for cold feet. I don't get insulted boots cause it can be -20 degrees and my feet will still sweat like a mule. I try to use the microfiber socks and that wool stuff when it's cold. I'm contemplating getting the thermocell electric feet warmers
Looked on Lacrosse's website and I am out of the warranty range. Reading reviews online, I might give those game winner muck look a likes a try. For the price, they worth a shot.
Old August 11th, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer student View Post
Looked on Lacrosse's website and I am out of the warranty range. Reading reviews online, I might give those game winner muck look a likes a try. For the price, they worth a shot.

I was outside of the warranty time too but they still took care of me. It's worth a shot.
Old August 11th, 2017
Executive Member

I bought a pair of Muck Woody Sport boots while on a hunting trip in Kansas in 2013. I still wear them and they don't leak, despite having a few rips in the neoprene uppers. I bought them one size too big so I can wear two socks in cold weather. They are not "ankle tight" and tend to slip off when walking in gumbo mud. That being said, I think the Lacrosse Grange is the best all round rubber boot ever made.
Old August 11th, 2017

Lacrosse Burlys all you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk