Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Contests > Bruiser Bowl > Backstrap Bloodhounds

Backstrap Bloodhounds 0: On the 8th day God created the Bloodhounds.

Old 1 Week Ago
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds
Default Hog Death #24 - Orion - Extra day boar

1. Date killed – 10/9/2017
2. LDWF Deer Area AND Parish (if in Louisiana) or state (if not Louisiana), - area 1 - Concordia Parish - LA
3. Weapon used – 12 gauge single shot primitive shotgun
4. Description of the animal - Hog #24 200lb boar
5. Points Awarded* -
6. Story of how the animal was killed (must be 75 words or more) -

Sunday my 1st week vacation was over but after missing out on my 8th hog Saturday evening by not cocking the gun in all the rush of shooting #7 I was still MAD AT ‘EM. I spent the morning jogging/powerhiking to the 4 hog carcasses from the previous evening where I thought I left a camera mount. 8.5 miles covered and when I get to the truck I found it at the bottom of my hunting bag that I was carrying the entire time, lol. Then, I stopped to look for a lost trad arrow on Yancey WMA on the way home toting the single shot 12 gauge. I jumped a boar @ 30yds, but when I shot I didn’t realize he hooked away a tad and the shot was 40 yards must’ve not hit him cleanly enough from the modified choke. I followed blood for 50yds then seen him slowly walking to a thicket but when I approach 30 minute later he got up and left some. I heard where he stopped. However, I had to get home to play tennis with Laura and didn’t want to cancel being that I had been hunting for a week. I was rolling around in bed @ 1:50am unable to sleep with that hog on my mind. I hate losing animals so I tripled dosed on my coffee and headed back north going in with a knife and light to look @ 5am. I found him alright, but he was still mad and grunted at me while I was 10 yards away on all 4’s crawling through the 10 foot tall briar of a cutover in the dark. It was time to back out before he charged. I went to an area Brian lost a monster boar for a quick morning hunt and headed to a slough near pop grass where the hogs often roam. They had muddy tracks everywhere and soon I heard startled wood ducks up head. I got up on my toes and ran closer. Not long after slowing to a creep I seen 3 pigs on the opposite side just 35yards away. I lined up my bead on the biggest boar and let the TSS BB rip away from my primitive shotgun. The hogs headed into the popgrass and I crossed the waist deep slough getting all wet. I heard my hog flipping and the other 2 were only 15 yards away grunting but I didn’t want to push my pig so just waited until I heard it stop flipping and the other hogs walked off. It’s impossible to see past 2 feet in that popgrass. My hog died in minutes 20 yards from the shot and the TSS penetrated both shoulders and ribs stopping into the opposite hide. I loaded up my hunting bag with a big icebag full meat from the 200ish lb boar and headed the 1.25 miles back to the truck with my 24th stalked pig in 12 days of hunting to end out my opening week vacation! I went back to look for my other pig, but it hauled tail. I busted through briar getting all bloody and torn up for 2 hours searching. No hog was found, however, I did find my arrow that I had lost. Yes, I’ll drove 7.5 hours just to look for a lost pig and made it back to work just in time Monday evening….i’m relentless in my efforts and it paid off with getting an even bigger boar! I forgot to leave a note and my wife was wondering where they heck I was in the morning. I told her on the phone that I went back to my favorite store for some pork! This evening I did a nice 10 mile stationary bike round on level 10 in 22:47 (26.33mph) today in the gym, calfs were a bit sore from my 39:25 min 10k on the track yesterday. Hoping for a long run tomorrow b4 another kick *** weekend of hunting in the heat, but going to focus on deer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1800.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	101471   Click image for larger version

Name:	ddd.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	101472  

Last edited by Orion; 1 Week Ago at 08:38 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Board of Directors
Apostles of Ardennes

Go boy, you on a role!

Don't be going all Tarzan on us with a knife on them Wild Boars!!

OIIIIIIIO
Old 1 Week Ago
Executive Member
Apostles of Ardennes
Visit Undertaker!'s YouTube

First: Congrats on another pig.
Second: How much of a deal are you getting on all the freezers you are buying to store all that pork?

Great job man
Old 1 Week Ago
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker! View Post
First: Congrats on another pig.
Second: How much of a deal are you getting on all the freezers you are buying to store all that pork?

Great job man
lol I'm running out of space but luckily I have 4 freezers at my mom's house 10 minutes away (2 huge ones) 3 at my house and 2 at my camp. My new chamber vacuum sealer is working amazingly! Still I may buy another freezer, depends on how much meat the dogs and I eat and the rate I keep slaying. I doubt I use the knife unless I get a great opportunity on a 20/30lber in the open then its tackle and slice time!
Old 1 Week Ago
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
lol I'm running out of space but luckily I have 4 freezers at my mom's house 10 minutes away (2 huge ones) 3 at my house and 2 at my camp. My new chamber vacuum sealer is working amazingly! Still I may buy another freezer, depends on how much meat the dogs and I eat and the rate I keep slaying. I doubt I use the knife unless I get a great opportunity on a 20/30lber in the open then its tackle and slice time!
Love my chamber Vac, will never go back!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 1 Week Ago
Executive Member
Apostles of Ardennes
Visit Undertaker!'s YouTube

What model do y'all use

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker! View Post
What model do y'all use

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
the cheapest vac master 112 got it for 470$ free shipping no tax from a discount online kitchen supply store, bags cost pennies, thing is wonderful, does water and liquids. Just take the meat out of the icechest all wet, put in the bag, close the lid, hit one button and within 1 min it beeps and your bag is done!

once you use one you'd never use a suction vac ever again