LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Deer Hunting

Deer Hunting Louisiana's Elite Deer Hunting Community

Old January 12th, 2018
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coon View Post
well, i will tell all how i really feel and this is just based on my personal experience. i still know i will chewed on for what i am about to say by some individuals but here goes:

..because all of the most greedy hunters i have been around have them, and i have never seen a single one say they tag their deer. because eveyone of them i know of bought the thing as a shortcut into the archery season because they didnt want to or didnt have the ability learn the craft so they could kill even more deer. because everone i know with them still dont practice with the **** things because they dont care. because they are the weapon of choice for hardcore outlaws...because there was a reason they were not legal before, too easy and the state didnt have the herd to support the extra kills and still offer the long season.

the x "bow", aka the louisiana purchse card of "archery" equipment doesnt belong in archery season. as the crack barrel centerfire is to "primitive" so is the xbow to archery season. they were both easy hacks to allow butt hurt lazy hunters to get into special seasons that they were not willing to put in the work for previously. as we all know primitive arms seasons state wide are as crowded as the regular gun season. before, only the few guys that were willing to take apart and clean the big stupid guns every **** day and learn their limitations and other nuances of craft were out there. bow season was a **** of a lot less crowded too for the effort needed to become proficient with the weapon.

since both were allowed into the special seasons the deer have dramatically disapeared on most pubic lands and to a lessor degree on private land.

again, the most logical way to stop the law abiding and non law abiding from over kill is to shorten all of the seasons on effected public lands until the herd rebounds and or decrease the number of fawn predators,(hogs, bears, cats, coyote, naked and afraid cast members)

i just wish the state let the biologits set the rules and not a bunch of bureaucrats who undermine the research and cave into all the crybabies out there. louisana is a joke when it comes wildlife management.

there was my rant. also, i will not be taking the bait and responding to those take offense to what i have said.

lamplighter, just say coonasses. people of french decent is incredibly condescending.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I can agree with most of that. I DO know several individuals though who shoot crossbow who are very good conservationists. One passed a shot this season on a 160 class buck, because of the possibility of a twig deflection. Better to let it go for a better day. These individuals are accomplished compound bow hunters also.

The cartridge primitive arms, I'm with you 100%.
Old January 12th, 2018
Board of Directors
Talking

Thunderhead

Look what you started. 12 Pages, > 4000 hits.
Old January 12th, 2018

Quote:
well, i will tell all how i really feel and this is just based on my personal experience. i still know i will chewed on for what i am about to say by some individuals but here goes:

..because all of the most greedy hunters i have been around have them, and i have never seen a single one say they tag their deer. because eveyone of them i know of bought the thing as a shortcut into the archery season because they didnt want to or didnt have the ability learn the craft so they could kill even more deer. because everone i know with them still dont practice with the **** things because they dont care. because they are the weapon of choice for hardcore outlaws...because there was a reason they were not legal before, too easy and the state didnt have the herd to support the extra kills and still offer the long season.

the x "bow", aka the louisiana purchse card of "archery" equipment doesnt belong in archery season. as the crack barrel centerfire is to "primitive" so is the xbow to archery season. they were both easy hacks to allow butt hurt lazy hunters to get into special seasons that they were not willing to put in the work for previously. as we all know primitive arms seasons state wide are as crowded as the regular gun season. before, only the few guys that were willing to take apart and clean the big stupid guns every **** day and learn their limitations and other nuances of craft were out there. bow season was a **** of a lot less crowded too for the effort needed to become proficient with the weapon.

since both were allowed into the special seasons the deer have dramatically disapeared on most pubic lands and to a lessor degree on private land.

again, the most logical way to stop the law abiding and non law abiding from over kill is to shorten all of the seasons on effected public lands until the herd rebounds and or decrease the number of fawn predators,(hogs, bears, cats, coyote, naked and afraid cast members)

i just wish the state let the biologits set the rules and not a bunch of bureaucrats who undermine the research and cave into all the crybabies out there. louisana is a joke when it comes wildlife management.

there was my rant. also, i will not be taking the bait and responding to those take offense to what i have said.

lamplighter, just say coonasses. people of french decent is incredibly condescending.

I believe that may be the most ignorant thing I've ever read on this board, and that's quite an accomplishment. You can't paint with that broad of a brush and be accurate. I started bow hunting in 1988 as an 8 th grader and continued until before last season before switching to a crossbow due to a shoulder injury (arthritic shoulder) due to age and years of power lifting. I can still pull a bow back once, maybe twice, but can't enough to practice to be effective. I could have filled all 6 of my tags on public land this year with does and young bucks, I've passed on all except for one doe. I have a few more days of hunting this season and I need one deer to have enough meat for my family for the year. I only hunt public, I do it right, and report my kills through the tagging system and the validation process. I actually reported a guy (bow hunter) who killed a nubbing buck in Tensas this past week who said he used a doe tag even after I told him he had to use a buck tag.

So let's walk back some of these broad descriptions when trying to validate an argument. That would be like me saying your from Ville Platte, so you must an IQ 30-40 points lower than average, some ignorant sounding accent, and are an overweight chain smoker who won't venture out of the area you come from even if you had to because in the big wide world out there you'd be on the bottom of the totem pole and the butt of jokes due to the inherent ignorance most people in your area are known for.

But I wouldn't ever use that, as far as I know your an upstanding citizen, well educated and general all around good guy. I hope you have a good finale to your season and god bless.
Old January 12th, 2018
Horn Stars

I had to sell my bow and a lot of other stuff last year. Custody battle ain't no joke and lawyers will nickel and dime you.

This year's season snuck up on me so fast I wasnt prepared. I bought a crossbow and figured I can use it as well as the rest of my family. Like a one fits all weapon. I didn't have the money to buy myself another bow and something for them to shoot.The one deer I got this year I didn't even have to tag and I tagged it. I guess I'm not an ethical hunter anymore and I don't tag deer based on coons logic.

Old January 12th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhorn View Post
I believe that may be the most ignorant thing I've ever read on this board, and that's quite an accomplishment. You can't paint with that broad of a brush and be accurate. I started bow hunting in 1988 as an 8 th grader and continued until before last season before switching to a crossbow due to a shoulder injury (arthritic shoulder) due to age and years of power lifting. I can still pull a bow back once, maybe twice, but can't enough to practice to be effective. I could have filled all 6 of my tags on public land this year with does and young bucks, I've passed on all except for one doe. I have a few more days of hunting this season and I need one deer to have enough meat for my family for the year. I only hunt public, I do it right, and report my kills through the tagging system and the validation process. I actually reported a guy (bow hunter) who killed a nubbing buck in Tensas this past week who said he used a doe tag even after I told him he had to use a buck tag.

So let's walk back some of these broad descriptions when trying to validate an argument. That would be like me saying your from Ville Platte, so you must an IQ 30-40 points lower than average, some ignorant sounding accent, and are an overweight chain smoker who won't venture out of the area you come from even if you had to because in the big wide world out there you'd be on the bottom of the totem pole and the butt of jokes due to the inherent ignorance most people in your area are known for.

But I wouldn't ever use that, as far as I know your an upstanding citizen, well educated and general all around good guy. I hope you have a good finale to your season and god bless.
that is a shocking accurate description of my homeland, lol.

Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2018
Chairman

Quote:

Those type of crossbow hunters are probably only doing it during "archery only" season and gun hunting the rest of the time. Could very well be shooting a 35 Whelen instead of a muzzleloader.
Old January 12th, 2018
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
Thunderhead

Look what you started. 12 Pages, > 4000 hits.
LOL! Everyone is a Biologist, that's for sure. Some just made Ds in class and others As.
Old January 12th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
LOL! Everyone is a Biologist, that's for sure. Some just made Ds in class and others As.
most here got d's in reading comprehension.

Old January 12th, 2018
Chairman

Quote:
most here got d's in reading comprehension.

Some got Ds in debating.
Old January 12th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Some got Ds in debating.
i am sure they did