Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Duck Hunting

Duck Hunting Whenever They Make it This Far South

Old February 9th, 2018
Default Flyway Federation of Louisiana

I would like to invite any and all Louisiana waterfowl hunters to join our new organization the Flyway Federation of Louisiana. Please contact Josh Goins at Josh.Goins@FlywayFederationLouisiana.com or 337-375-6853. This organization is being put together by a small group of Louisiana duck hunters who are tired of looking at empty skies the majority of the season and decided to reach out to each other. FFL has already been legalized as non profit and plans to have 8 chapters throughout the state. Each chapter will operate at their own agreed upon centralized location. We are already in contact with certain big organizations to back us up and affiliate with. Our plans are to come together as a group to express ideas, concerns and solutions to many, many different problems and issues surrounding the decline in duck hunting over the last 20 years. Everything will be decided among chapter members and the numbers will be shown to all within the chapter so that they know the outcome. The outcome per chapter will be matched with all the other chapters and the majority rules...this is the plan, not set in stone, wanting to be agreed upon with everyone. Amongst ourselves we have already identified some that need to be addressed...coastal erosion, lack of feed both natural and agricultural, etc. All money stays inside Louisiana. A facebook group has been started under the FFL name and a website is in the finishing stages of being built. We will soon begin to go to each chapter to try and recruit. Please contact Josh if you would like to know more or can help...thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Flyway Federation of Louisiana.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	102143   Click image for larger version

Name:	State Chapters.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	102144  

Last edited by Hollow Point; February 9th, 2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old February 9th, 2018
Executive Member

"Lack of feed both natural and agricultural"

Seems like from the LA Sportsman thread, Mr. Goins has an issue with agricultural food sources.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old February 11th, 2018

Should there be another period after the letter "L" in their logo?
Old March 2nd, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Point View Post
I would like to invite any and all Louisiana waterfowl hunters to join our new organization the Flyway Federation of Louisiana. Please contact Josh Goins at Josh.Goins@FlywayFederationLouisiana.com or 337-375-6853. This organization is being put together by a small group of Louisiana duck hunters who are tired of looking at empty skies the majority of the season and decided to reach out to each other. FFL has already been legalized as non profit and plans to have 8 chapters throughout the state. Each chapter will operate at their own agreed upon centralized location. We are already in contact with certain big organizations to back us up and affiliate with. Our plans are to come together as a group to express ideas, concerns and solutions to many, many different problems and issues surrounding the decline in duck hunting over the last 20 years. Everything will be decided among chapter members and the numbers will be shown to all within the chapter so that they know the outcome. The outcome per chapter will be matched with all the other chapters and the majority rules...this is the plan, not set in stone, wanting to be agreed upon with everyone. Amongst ourselves we have already identified some that need to be addressed...coastal erosion, lack of feed both natural and agricultural, etc. All money stays inside Louisiana. A facebook group has been started under the FFL name and a website is in the finishing stages of being built. We will soon begin to go to each chapter to try and recruit. Please contact Josh if you would like to know more or can help...thanks
Farmers cannot make money with rice anymore causing them to convert riceland that ducks and geese have used for years to sugarcane in southwest la fields we used to see ducks and geese in are sugarcane and the ducks and geese won't even look at them fields anymore. So there is a lot of your problem
Old April 5th, 2018
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
Farmers cannot make money with rice anymore causing them to convert riceland that ducks and geese have used for years to sugarcane in southwest la fields we used to see ducks and geese in are sugarcane and the ducks and geese won't even look at them fields anymore. So there is a lot of your problem
I'm sure that is the next Mission Impossible for F.F.L--force sugarcane farmers into replanting rice.

I mean, why not? They already intend to strong arm the federal government into changing the hunting regulations and rules on baiting. If they can strong arm the feds and other states into changing the definition of baiting, why not strong arm a few farmers into planting rice again?
Sponsored Links
Old 1 Week Ago
Executive Member
Treetop Assassins

Whats your deal man, This organization is in its infancy obviously; and is trying to make a positive impact for all sportsman. And you're trying to berate and demine them.

Why not be part of the solution, not the problem.
Old 1 Week Ago
Horn Stars

Personally I say we need to outlaw everything that is automated
Robo ducks
Ice machines
Flock flickers
Motion this
Motion that

Quit paying people to plant farms and not hunt them and leave them flooded to hold birds. If someone wants to do that on their own land that’s fine but don’t pay them to do it.

Let’s go back to hunting the way it was before it became commercialized.

TV and hurt almost every hunting sport out there and fishing too.
It’s so commercialized. I understand business got to make money and trust me they making plenty money

We just need to go back to hunting the way it was. It was more rewarding then I think. Just you and the birds and a few decoys and the call.

This will never happen but I wish it would. I think it would be better for the future generations personally.
Old 1 Week Ago

What do you have against Ice Machines. LOL I'm not a duck hunter so maybe I will learn something new!
Old 1 Week Ago
Horn Stars

Ducks used to migrate because they had to. Now they donít have to. When everything up north freezes over like ponds and crop fields the birds have no choice but to find food. So they migrate south.
Ice machines is something people put in a pond and it has a prop on it and it turns the water. Keeps the water moving so that it wonít freeze. Heated ponds up north wonít freeze. Its things like this that keep the birds north instead of coming south.