Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Turkey Hunting

Turkey Hunting The Most Challenging Game

Closed Thread

Old March 6th, 2019
Banned

The first post was a public service "help" post. The second post was what I see every year all over the state. I've hunted about every refuge or WMA that has or had a turkey population I see the same types eveywere there's no way it's the same people across the state, they just look and act the same. That post had no complaints either just cold hard facts. These traits are bred in to the bone nothing I post or anybody else for that matter will change it. I have no illusions that any of this behavior will ever change and it doesn't really matter. I get my Gobblers and move on to greener pastures. I really just posted this for my entertainment I wouldn't trade the laughs I get watching these morons in the woods for anything.
And if you really honestly read the second post I don't think you can deny its accuracy regardless if it hurts your feelings or not.
As far as lamplighter no one called him out or said anything to him, the fact that the post bothers him let's you know it's true, and that is what makes the whole thing so funny. You guys are nothing if not predictable.
There will always be a small group of the dedicated knowledgeable Turkey hunters that get what I'm saying and I'm sure they got a good laugh as well , your welcome
Old March 6th, 2019
Board of Directors

I blame your parents or whoever raised you.

Real turkey hunters in the day had respect for each other. You have not been breathing long enough to qualify being in the same league. 6 years old in 1986.

Last edited by Lamplighter; March 7th, 2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old March 6th, 2019

Take a newbie turkey hunting and help him Harvest his first bird , it will be more rewarding than killing a hundred on your own. Make it your mission to take a newbie turkey hunting each season. You'll never regret it.
Old March 6th, 2019
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flystraight View Post
Take a newbie turkey hunting and help him Harvest his first bird , it will be more rewarding than killing a hundred on your own. Make it your mission to take a newbie turkey hunting each season. You'll never regret it.
Did you mean to put this on this topic?

Nevertheless, I took a newbie and helped him harvest his first bird. Now he wants me to take him all the time and babysit him. He won't go apply what he learned. He ain't goin in the woods by himself.
Old March 6th, 2019
Chairman

I wish we had the population we had in the mid to late 80s. I remember riding around on Kisatchie and locating toms prior to the season. I located 10 different toms one Sunday morning. There were probably more people hunting them back then too because the Air Force base was still open in Alexandria. A lot of those guys would hunt out there. Now, I can ride those some roads and stop in the same spots and it's a treat to hear 1 bird.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2019
Bayou Bucks Pro Correspondent
Default Spot on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
I ain't sure who the jackass is but Phil is pretty dang spot on
I thought it was pretty good, too. The only thing on group #2 was that he didn't identify the music blaring from the jacked up truck. I'm guessing Florida-Georgia Line.
Old March 6th, 2019
Bayou Bucks Pro Correspondent
Default Newbie

Quote:
Now he wants me to take him all the time and babysit him. He won't go apply what he learned. He ain't goin in the woods by himself.
This is a common problem that I, too, have encountered. I don't understand it.
Old March 6th, 2019
Chairman

Quote:
Did you mean to put this on this topic?

Nevertheless, I took a newbie and helped him harvest his first bird. Now he wants me to take him all the time and babysit him. He won't go apply what he learned. He ain't goin in the woods by himself.
I see the same thing in the gym. People will hire a personal trainer and 5 years later, they still have that same personal trainer. What the ****? That's just throwing money away. You know what to do and how to do it, get off the tit!
Old March 6th, 2019
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Spurs View Post
I thought it was pretty good, too. The only thing on group #2 was that he didn't identify the music blaring from the jacked up truck. I'm guessing Florida-Georgia Line.
Yep these guys get it,lol
And yes Florida Georgia Line is one of the more common turkey locating bands, although last year a guy drove by with rap music cranked up not sure if it works as well as FGL?
Old March 31st, 2019
Executive Member

Well, glad to know this board hasn't changed much...lol
Closed Thread