LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > The Campfire > Miscellaneous Talk

Miscellaneous Talk Off-topic Discussions Best Suited Here

Old May 11th, 2015
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardad View Post
Or down hwy 31 between parks and breaux bridge!!! Horrible! And they just keep patching it, makes it worst!
My new truck is full of rattles because of that road.... ill keep bringing it to the shop to get the rattles fixed but eventually ill run out of warranty.
Old May 11th, 2015
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzyman View Post
what do you expect when they build a road over a marsh or swamp? You think they can dig far enough till they hit solid rock? you build a road on a soft surface guess what. its going to sink and buckle and get pot holes. Thats just common sense. If you cant except it then move to where they have plenty of rock for a sub surface. I had a guy a DOT explain this to me one time, and it makes a lot more sense now as to why our roads are sub part. not to mention all the people that drive over loaded trucks up and down the road. Its more of there fault than the states.
Sorry but I just dont buy into that... there is way too much civil engineering that goes into constructing roads that would have likely addressed these issues. It also doesnt explain why some areas havent been repaved in over 50 years, or why some roads like Benaud Rd in Sunset keep getting potholes filled and if you drive too fast on them youll literally crack your windshield.
Old May 11th, 2015
Board of Directors
The Regulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjleger337 View Post
Sorry but I just dont buy into that... there is way too much civil engineering that goes into constructing roads that would have likely addressed these issues. It also doesnt explain why some areas havent been repaved in over 50 years, or why some roads like Benaud Rd in Sunset keep getting potholes filled and if you drive too fast on them youll literally crack your windshield.
Just cause you dont believe it dont make it not true.. believe what you want. Civil engineering cannot overcome what nature has put under it. The roads i drive on are good compared to other places i have been. Our roads get torn up from overloaded grain trucks running up and down the road. Its bad when they resurface a road going into town to the grain elevator but dont have to touch the side leaving town.

How long have they been that way?? you do live in a free country and you do have options. If i didnt like where i lived in the past i just moved to where i did like it, problem solved..
Old May 11th, 2015
Executive Member
Bounty Hunters
Visit Choupic's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg62 View Post
They may have the know how, they just dont want to fund it. Too expensive to drive pilings, and pour three foot thick concrete.
Yes they send people to the moon , I'm sure they can figure out how to keep pot holes from forming . Lol

No I don't want to move to another state because our roads are crap . I think it's the parish that's suppose to keep up the roads except for like state highways and interstates .

I do agree that cane trucks and dump trucks will do some damage !
Old May 11th, 2015
Chairman

Anyone that has worked for the government knows everything is built by the lowest bidder and like the old people say you get what you pay for seen they are tearing up a fairly new road in youngsville no marsh no swamp. And there is no way you can run from these kinds of problems from the government no matter where you live.

Eat me.....im fun sized!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2015
Executive Member

Quote:
Just cause you dont believe it dont make it not true.. believe what you want. Civil engineering cannot overcome what nature has put under it. The roads i drive on are good compared to other places i have been. Our roads get torn up from overloaded grain trucks running up and down the road. Its bad when they resurface a road going into town to the grain elevator but dont have to touch the side leaving town.

How long have they been that way?? you do live in a free country and you do have options. If i didnt like where i lived in the past i just moved to where i did like it, problem solved..
thanks for the input muzzy, but you always take things really personal... you mad though? LOL

Redleg hit the nail on the head. They have the know how, it just cannot be funded/no one wants to push for it to be funded. I also have the freedom to urge politicians to do whats right in the area instead of caving in and moving.
Old May 11th, 2015
Board of Directors
The Regulators

I never take it personnel. I just hate seeing people spew BS. That's all. If your parish roads are bad that is on your parish gov. Not the state. yall think about this. How far down do you have to dig before you hit water? 2-3-4 ft? Maybe 5 if your lucky. No matter what you put on top. The foundation is weak, It can't be improved. Unless you start driving track type machines around to evenly distribute the weight rather than having all the weight on tires that have 6-8 of contact with the road.
Old May 11th, 2015
Executive Member

Quote:
My new truck is full of rattles because of that road.... ill keep bringing it to the shop to get the rattles fixed but eventually ill run out of warranty.
Same here, my truck has 17k miles, passenger door and back glass rattles from that road. It is messed up because way back in the day it was concrete and then they overlayed it with asphalt. That's not from poor foundation are being built on swampland.
Old May 11th, 2015
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belizaire View Post
Anyone that has worked for the government knows everything is built by the lowest bidder and like the old people say you get what you pay for seen they are tearing up a fairly new road in youngsville no marsh no swamp. And there is no way you can run from these kinds of problems from the government no matter where you live.

Eat me.....im fun sized!!!!!
That's the truth, good an't cheap and cheap an't good. The worse thing is when they just grind off the top layer of old asphalt ( instead of grinding it to the dirt and starting over) and only put only one thin layer of new asphalt. Now days that's all they do. Cuz it's cheaper
Old May 12th, 2015
Board of Directors

Quote:
Quote:

Actually Muzzyman is 100% correct, however the civil engineers can overcome the swampy conditions but do not because the road would be too expensive to construct.

Take the new road course in Avondale La (NOLA motorsports) for example. When they built that track they did not want it to settle, so they dug 15 feet below the intended racing surface and removed all of the old cypress trees and stumps that had been buried there. As the weight of the vehicles eventually crush these trees the road sinks. They replaced the hole with fill dirt and compressed it with steam-rollers until it was hard packed. The last three feet of sub-roadbed was a mixture of lye and dirt that was compacted until it was hard like concrete. There was pictures of them “rally racing” around the course before the first yard of asphalt was laid in a torrential downpour and there was no problems until they got about a foot off the racing surface and the cars sunk to the doors.

The designers of NOLA also designed Miller motorsports park in Utah which was the only track that FIM World Superbike would race at in the country. I would say they know how to build a racetrack.