Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Turkey Hunting

Turkey Hunting The Most Challenging Game

Old April 6th, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl79 View Post
Same here have hunted all over the state of La and rarely have issues.
Me too. Ive had ppl calling at the same bird but never been over run. Wait til the bird shuts up they usually leave. Wait 30 minutes in the quiet and **** usually fire off and come to die. PATIENCE
Old April 6th, 2017
Executive Member
Cajun Carnivores

Congrats Lance!
Old April 7th, 2017
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonbilla View Post
Me too. Ive had ppl calling at the same bird but never been over run. Wait til the bird shuts up they usually leave. Wait 30 minutes in the quiet and **** usually fire off and come to die. PATIENCE
Had this same thing happen on public land. They kept calling and he kept gobbling. he shut up and they kept calling. After 20 minutes, five low yelps on the Cherry crystal and he hammered back. Shut up and 5 mins later i was admiring my trophy!!!

for the record, i did not cut in on the bird. I got on the opposite side of the hunters from the bird and never called to it until i was sure they had left. Reason i know this is because the bird was in the middle of a tall grass field with lanes cut in it. He was gobbling in the middle and they were calling from way on the other side.
Old April 7th, 2017
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeMieux View Post
Congrats Lance!
Thanks Jeremy
Old April 7th, 2017
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
No, the concencous in my ring of friends continually shows you will get messed up. Happened this season 250 miles apart to two of my friends.
I grouped up on the road opening eve on Tensas' Crystal Rd. Met the road runners. Local red necks, tobacco dripping down the shirt, high strung, talking about which slough gets him where fast, slipping in between others and gobbling Toms. No, thats why i was on the road, scouting the scouters to see what the next morning would be like. The deep in spots not holding birds for some reason. No, 250 miles away on public same thing. My nephew got over run on a bird he had alot of time in for.
No, pretty sure im right.

Another friend born raised crowville. Got ruined on Big Lake. Said he knows the area since it was hunting leases. Thought he'd never get messed up back there. Had one going. He said here came the crowd. All went dead.
No, ......
I don't doubt it happens, but if you keep doing the same thing, you will keep getting the same results, i.e. find another place to hunt.
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2017
Bayou Bucks Pro Correspondent

Glad you got one. Congratulations. It seems to be tough all over for gobbling. I bet the harvest is low this year.
Old April 9th, 2017

Lost all hope in hunter courtesy this weekend. Had 3 different ppl drive around my truck blocking a trail yesterday drove right to the bottom to blow their coyote, owl, crow calls right at gobblin time. Saw plates from texas and arkansas. Had a buddy sitting on a ridge next to a bottom to listen and he had 2 trucks drive right past him after they saw him down into the bottom. Ive lost about all hope in the human race. This was worst ive ever seen. Maybe u was right Lamplighter
Old April 9th, 2017
Board of Directors

Thank goodness for the old days.

I knew how to get away from them, but its been a few years since my old honey hole had birds. Pretty sure everything is getting the eggs, especially hogs. No trapping so coons get them. Too many coons. Once they select cut my spot, the birds have not been back.
Old April 9th, 2017

Wish the state would shut down all driving on wmas other than main rds during turkey season. Every 2 rut leading to bottoms had tire tracks all the way down them to the dead end. It amazes me that these people think theyre gonna consistently kill birds hunting this way. I watched trucks come in. One would drive down try to get a gobble then leave. 3 minutes later another truck down the same trail doing the same thing. Leave. 5 minutes later another truck doing same thing. I could also hear the same thing going on across the crrek from me. I think the turkeys went into shock.
Old April 9th, 2017
Board of Directors

Thats old school hunting club tactics, as far back as the 70's.
They still doing it on the Tensas Crystal Road.
You can overcome them if you can find birds deep in, because they will be too lazy to walk.