Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Old June 27th, 2012
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecapt186 View Post
I'm not sure how many on here hunts the forest in Miss, and this may be a nationwide ban, but they have had the same issues with dogs leaving the forest and going onto private property. They have implemented laws that makes all dogs have a tracking collar, and if your dog is caught on private property, you get a trespassing ticket. I guess they figured that if we can't ban it, they'd make it so hard that the hunters would stop running dogs on their own. I owned a camp that bordered the forest for 27 yrs and stopped hunting up there because of Miss. laws.
The ban that is in Washington right now is for Kisatchie National Forest only. Kisatchie is just in LA. There are 5 Districts across the state. It's already illegal in 1 of the 5 and has been for some time. This ban will stop it on the remaining 4 Districts.
Old June 27th, 2012
Board of Directors
Bad Country Snipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
The ban that is in Washington right now is for Kisatchie National Forest only. Kisatchie is just in LA. There are 5 Districts across the state. It's already illegal in 1 of the 5 and has been for some time. This ban will stop it on the remaining 4 Districts.
Dang one less target in the woods!!!LOL
Old June 27th, 2012
Board of Directors
Sinister Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
Dang one less target in the woods!!!LOL
Be careful when you say stuff like that when it comes to dog hunting and "targets in the woods", that's a very sensitive subject on here and other websites. You may be saying it jokingly, but a lot of dog hunters take that to heart when it comes to their dogs....
Old June 27th, 2012
Board of Directors
Bad Country Snipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antelope08 View Post
Be careful when you say stuff like that when it comes to dog hunting and "targets in the woods", that's a very sensitive subject on here and other websites. You may be saying it jokingly, but a lot of dog hunters take that to heart when it comes to their dogs....
It's all good can't take a joke shame on em
Old June 27th, 2012
Chairman

It's all because of the lacy breed, ch claims you don't need a gun cause the dog does it all. Just cut it loose, the dog will hunt, catch, track, find, gut and drag back to the truck for you to tag. After getting it to the camp this is where the lacy shines, it quarters and ice the deer down while cooking lunch and fetching you cold beers.
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2012
Board of Directors
Bad Country Snipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple duece View Post
It's all because of the lacy breed, ch claims you don't need a gun cause the dog does it all. Just cut it loose, the dog will hunt, catch, track, find, gut and drag back to the truck for you to tag. After getting it to the camp this is where the lacy shines, it quarters and ice the deer down while cooking lunch and fetching you cold beers.
Duece we need get rid of these labs and get us one of these SOB gotta have one
Old June 27th, 2012
Executive Member

Private land is no safe haven either as far as timber companies go. More and more stipulate 'no running of deer with dogs' in the lease agreement when it is signed. May have a lot to do with the problems that the Forest has experienced, such as adjacent landowners complaining directly to the timber companies when dogs cross onto their land.
Old June 27th, 2012
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookneck View Post
Private land is no safe haven either as far as timber companies go. More and more stipulate 'no running of deer with dogs' in the lease agreement when it is signed. May have a lot to do with the problems that the Forest has experienced, such as adjacent landowners complaining directly to the timber companies when dogs cross onto their land.
You are 100% correct! It's banned on ROM, IP, and RMS. It's also banned on Weyerhaeuser if you are just singing a contract. It's still legal on Weyerhaeuser if you are on an existing lease. They can and will pull it from an existing lease if too much of a stink is raised. They pulled dog hunting form Circle Hunting Club near Jonesborro because of trespassing complaints. It's just too much of a headache for them. They get tired of all the phone calls.
Old June 27th, 2012
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
It's all good can't take a joke shame on em
I think you will find that it's no joke. Most..I would almost dare say 90% of the people can't or won't make the distinction between a deer hound and a coonhound that was lost from the night before. If you go to shooting these dogs, you will likely find that you have made the mistake of your lifetime. Some of them are worth more than a pretty good truck. In fact, I have a buddy that bought a hound in 1991 and a brand new GMC extended cab truck with all the bells and whistles. He paid more for the dog than he did the truck. This is the type that will land you in a courtroom in a heartbeat and you will find yourself on the losing end.
Old June 27th, 2012
Board of Directors

I know what said gimp is joke so not directing this at you but let me catch someone shooting one my dogs I can promise it wouldn't be good all of my dogs have reflective collars with my name address and phone number I don't have any deer hounds but have 2 labs and a coonhound that are my family just the thought of someone threatening to shoot my dog boils my blood when I'm guiding my rules begin with don't shoot me my dog then lastly yourself then shooting lanes so on but man I have alot of money time and love spent on my animals and to lose one because someone is being a ******* would be bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk