Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Hog Hunting

Hog Hunting Louisiana's Fastest Growing Hunting Sport

Old September 28th, 2016
Default need some help/advise

I need some help guys just recently I've had a bunch (around 30 or so ) of hogs move into my property and they are doing what they do 'destroying s**t " they have pushed all the deer out and everything !, now my question is what can I do to stop them I have a trap to put out but I know that only goes so far. And as of right now they have becoming during the day but with work I can only go so much and of course they don't show when im there lol. like I said I've never had to deal with this so any advise would be great appreciated.
Old September 28th, 2016
Board of Directors

Trap one, put a radio collar on him, let him go.

Get a bunch of your friends with semi automatics, and follow the signal.

Do a Frank Hammer/ Bonnie Clyde on them.
Old September 28th, 2016

Bad News. Chances are you will never get rid of them. Even if you kill a high percentage of hogs on your property they will migrate from surrounding properties. Best thing is not to feed at all as this will draw more to your property. My advice would be to leave this property and go find a new lease or area without hogs. That is unless you like shooting hogs. Pork is pretty tasty.
Old September 28th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyKiller View Post
Bad News. Chances are you will never get rid of them. Even if you kill a high percentage of hogs on your property they will migrate from surrounding properties. Best thing is not to feed at all as this will draw more to your property. My advice would be to leave this property and go find a new lease or area without hogs. That is unless you like shooting hogs. Pork is pretty tasty.
yea I don't mind shooting them but I like to shoot deer to lol, ill just give it **** to keep the numbers down cause I own the property so im not going anywhere
Old September 28th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by browning-700 View Post
yea I don't mind shooting them but I like to shoot deer to lol, ill just give it **** to keep the numbers down cause I own the property so im not going anywhere
In some places deer will adjust to hogs. I hunt some places that have had hogs for over a 100 years at least and the deer use the same trails as the hogs. It will drop your deer population though as they compete for natural food.
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyKiller View Post
In some places deer will adjust to hogs. I hunt some places that have had hogs for over a 100 years at least and the deer use the same trails as the hogs. It will drop your deer population though as they compete for natural food.
yea that's what I don't want ! but it is what it is, ill do what I can to keep the hogs down if I am lucky enough to kill some and fill the freezer up and also give to people that need or want it ill be good with that too
Old September 28th, 2016

You got to trap them year round and keep the pressure on them. Move the trap after you catch some hogs the other ones get educated quick. I feel your pain we are going thru the same thing.