Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > The Campfire > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Ball Games, Fights, Athletics, Poker, Etc.

Old September 30th, 2012
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugardad View Post
seems like miles doesnt do more than needs to be done as long as he gets a win. Saban still gets pissed even when bama dominates a ball game.
and that's what makes him a better coach
Old September 30th, 2012
Executive Member

No doubt we getting by on the talent of players , it dang sure aint coaching . The sad part is we are stuck with him and they not ever gonna do nothing about . The fans will have to become a much louder voice and let it be known that we sick and tired of just getting by . Miles is a joke and no doubt those couple times the crowd was booing last night was directed at him .
Old September 30th, 2012
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the z View Post
and that's what makes him a better coach
He's one of the best in my opinion.
Old September 30th, 2012
Board of Directors
Visit Hitman's Facebook Visit Hitman's Twitter Visit Hitman's YouTube

I think the problem is Zach M.

Yea can throw the deep ball when it's open, but the over the middle 7 yard dart? No so much.

Zach M. has no pocket awareness whatsoever. He snaps the ball, looks to his #1 Receiver and if he's not open, Zach breaks down. He'll either throw it away, take a sack or FUMBLE!

I've seen lots of Rivers video, IMO that kid has the skills to scan the field and decide but if need to he can run OK. Rivers also has better pocket awareness.

Meh....who knows. Either way, once again....our 'D' and Special Teams are World Class. Our Run game is good, yet here we are AGAIN with a QB issue.

Why can't we just recruit a freakin Wilson, McLeroy, Murray, Bray are someone even close in QB Talent? Why is that so hard?
Old September 30th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post

Yea can throw the deep ball when it's open, but the over the middle 7 yard dart? No so much.

Zach M. has no pocket awareness whatsoever. He snaps the ball, looks to his #1 Receiver and if he's not open, Zach breaks down. He'll either throw it away, take a sack or FUMBLE!

I've seen lots of Rivers video, IMO that kid has the skills to scan the field and decide but if need to he can run OK. Rivers also has better pocket awareness.

Meh....who knows. Either way, once again....our 'D' and Special Teams are World Class. Our Run game is good, yet here we are AGAIN with a QB issue.

Why can't we just recruit a freakin Wilson, McLeroy, Murray, Bray are someone even close in QB Talent? Why is that so hard?
Exactly..... last night was like Deja Vu from the NC game last year . Mett was sucking and not getting it done and coach still never gives the next guy a chance to prove himself on the big stage, unless they get hurt. Miles only relies on depth when injuries make him.
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2012
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post

You are eactly right . Zach definitely has not turned out to be what we were hoping to finally have , the real deal quarterback . He still has only a few starts under his belt though so we will see. . One thing is for sure though , he dang sure aint gonna pull himself out the game so it all goes back to Miles just not having the balls to make a COACHING decision in the best interest of the team and fans . If Saban was the coach we would already know what Rivers could do on the field instead of having to wonder . I can guarantee you that . Maybe one reason we cant get the 5 star recruits at the QB position is because most of these kids are ready to play or at least compete and try to win the starting job as true freshmen . They can all clearly see that the QB position is not a spot that can be won in spring training LSU. It doesnt matter if you are better or not than the guy's in front of you , you just have to sit and watch a maybe get to start your jr or sr year after evryone else has moved on . Miles has proven over and over again with his hard headed decisions that he is perfectly fine with letting the more talented player sit and it blows my mind .
Old September 30th, 2012

When Mettenberger has time he's looked great. Problem is that happens about 1 in 10 snaps. Our pass blocking is garbage!! If you can't give your QB 3 seconds in the pocket against TOWSON! then we're in for a long season. Sad part is that our QB play is still more productive than its been the last 4 years.
Old September 30th, 2012
Executive Member

i find that the stronger the oppenent is the better the tigers play. We have weak showings against small teams which upsets me, and when we play a power team the D wakes up and we manage to get the W. Until the passing game becomes a threat we will stay borderline dominate. We know we can pound the ball until the defense tires out. once Zach gets on board with his passing we will reach the bar. I cant blame it on just Zach's passing because we had lots of dropped passes. now for miles, he needs to expand his play book and trust his players and coaches. JMO
Old September 30th, 2012
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ptspike View Post
i find that the stronger the oppenent is the better the tigers play. We have weak showings against small teams which upsets me, and when we play a power team the D wakes up and we manage to get the W. Until the passing game becomes a threat we will stay borderline dominate. We know we can pound the ball until the defense tires out. once Zach gets on board with his passing we will reach the bar. I cant blame it on just Zach's passing because we had lots of dropped passes. now for miles, he needs to expand his play book and trust his players and coaches. JMO
I assume you are talking about past years, because LSU has yet to play a power team this year. If that is the case, then I agree that LSU tends to play down to competition.

Zach seems to be off target with a lot of passes and when he finally puts them on the money, the receivers commence to dropping them.

I am even more displeased with the amount of fumbles last night.
Old September 30th, 2012
Executive Member

I've said it from the beginning, but Mettenberger isn't a leader. The reason he was asked to leave Georgia is a perfect example of that. He's a punk kid with an ego too big to fit through a door. He showed up to the game yesterday dressed as Ron Burgundy. Get over yourself dude. You're a quarterback for an elite college football program. Act like it.