Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > The Campfire > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Ball Games, Fights, Athletics, Poker, Etc.

Old October 3rd, 2012
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
i agree that dressing up like ron burgundy is retarded. i like my tigers but if they lose they lose who gives a crap. Everytime you hear someone talk they bashing or blaming someone. It is still a game and they are only 17-18 year old kids. And if met dressed like ron burgundy and we beat towson by 60pts no one would have ever said anything. stop crying and be a real fan and support ya team if not go watch the pac-10 games
Are you serious? No. It doesn't matter whether we won or lost or by how much either way against Towson. What matters is that this kid is the quarterback for an ELITE college football program. He needs to act as such. Do you know why he got "asked to leave" Georgia? He sexually assaulted the vice chancellor's daughter, and then when the police originally questioned him, he gave them Aaron Murray's name. That's a guy I want to play with....

I just wish we could get a serious quarterback for once.
Old October 4th, 2012
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgHeaven View Post
i agree that dressing up like ron burgundy is retarded. i like my tigers but if they lose they lose who gives a crap. Everytime you hear someone talk they bashing or blaming someone. It is still a game and they are only 17-18 year old kids. And if met dressed like ron burgundy and we beat towson by 60pts no one would have ever said anything. stop crying and be a real fan and support ya team if not go watch the pac-10 games
amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! usc needs a few more fans!!!!!!
Old October 4th, 2012

thanks vortex! ELITE COLLEGE!!!!!!! we won 2 NC championships in over 100 years of playing the game and now we are elite. we have done OK the last few years but not nearly ELITE
Old October 4th, 2012
Executive Member

Uhh...what? LSU has won 3 national titles. Two BCS titles in the last 10 years, with 3 appearances. Sorry, but 3 BCS title game appearances in 10 years qualifies a program as "elite." There's no other way around that. There is a reason our last several recruiting classes have been so great. LSU recruiters have the privilege of sitting in living rooms and selling their program as an "elite" program, which is not an exaggeration. Let's just say 3 title game appearances in 9 years. LSU appeared in 33% of the title games over the last 9 years. 1 out of every 3, winning two. If you don't consider that to be elite, I think you need to pull out a dictionary bud.

LSU was most certainly not always this good, but since the Saban era we have been this good, with very good reason. Coaches don't put up with **** like that.
Old October 4th, 2012
Board of Directors

Wasn't Saban coaching LSU during one BCS champ win? And wasn't it his last recruiting class at LSU that won the 2nd BCS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2012
Banned

Yes coonazz so many forget that. It was Sabans last class of recruits under Miles when they won that title. Miles is horrible and its funny how he always does Les with More.
Old October 4th, 2012

who cares about saban . it has been 6-7 years since he left he was good while he was here , he will never coach at lsu again ,best to let him go. to compare every coach we will ever have at lsu from here to eternity against little nick is useless. reminds me when people were never satisfied with charlie mac.
Old October 4th, 2012
Board of Directors

This whole thread is comparing 2 coaches Saban vs Miles just stating facts dude

Old October 4th, 2012

The difference is the 50 yard line..
Old October 4th, 2012
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoonazz32 View Post
Wasn't Saban coaching LSU during one BCS champ win? And wasn't it his last recruiting class at LSU that won the 2nd BCS?

It was also Dinardo's talent that won Saban his first NC. Dinardo left LSU stacked when Saban first arrived. Saban did more with the talent than Dinardo but Saban was left in the same situation Miles was when he arrived.

Saban and Miles have totally different takes on coaching but to not say Miles is one of the best is insane. He has done just about as well as Saban. I am not sure Saban would be doing any better at LSU than miles. Miles has a record of 75-18 in 7 years at LSU. Saban had a record of 47-16 in 5 years at LSU. So miles has 28 more winds with 2 extra years but only 2 morel losses than Saban. He has beaten bama and Saban as many times as Saban and Bama has beaten LSU. He gets recruits here, he wins games even if ugly, and the players love him. Not sure what folks expect him to do lately. The team keeps getting turn overs and penalties, That cant all be put on the coach. People want him to open the playbook up more and like Miles said on the radio. how do you expect me to open the playbook when we cant run our basic plays without penalties and turnovers. We just have to accept that Mettenerger isnt near the QB we thought he would be at this point and with the injuries on the OL he is the total opposite of what we need at qb right now. They need a mobile qb that can escape pressure and has a quick release like a Geno Smith at WV. When you have trouble with pass protection a super slow qb with a very long release will not succeed and thats the problem now. They have to work with the players they have and if they can cut down on the turnovers and penalties they can beat anybody but that is a big if. Miles does and always will shut down the offense if the team gets a small lead and is struggling to move the ball or comitting turnovers. He will ride his stelar defense and punt the ball rather than risk turnovers. turnovers are his biggest peeve and when a rb comitts one you usually dont see him return for a while. We as fans dont like this philosophy but he doesnt care how much they win by and this was the philosophy he used against Auburn this year.