Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > The Campfire > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Ball Games, Fights, Athletics, Poker, Etc.

Old November 27th, 2012
Outdoor Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcollett View Post
I'm sorry, but you have got to be kidding with your "I hope." What do you think will happen to LSU if Miles leaves?

I swear sometimes I think LSU has the worst fans in the country. We just had a two loss season, and some fans act like we just finished under .500. Les Miles has a lot of reasons to leave LSU and go to Arkansas - namely, he's probably tired of being **** on down here by so many fans that think they could coach a better football team than him. Further, he'd be treated like a god for going 10-2 at Arkansas, because it seems that they don't believe they are entitled to winning a national championship every year.

I honestly hope that if he does leave, Arkansas goes 10-2 next year and they beat LSU in the last game of the season. That way, all the fans that ever said anything about Miles' lack of coaching ability can have their words for Thanksgiving dinner.

I hope, as any LSU fan should, that Les stays in Baton Rouge. Especially with Anthony Jennings just signing a deal largely because of Miles...in two years, we are looking to be absolutely incredible. If Miles leaves, I guarantee you that we lose Jennings.

edit: Let's just throw this in here for good measure. You name one coach that can coach a two loss season in the SEC after losing both starting tackles, a right guard, a runningback, two linebackers (one that was supposed to emerge as the heart of the defense), the key playmaker on defense and on special teams, and had 21 starters miss at least one game in a season, then we'll talk. Other than Saban, that coach doesn't exist.
I agree Sam 120%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old November 27th, 2012

Im not saying Miles is a bad coach, just tired of all the stupid speeches, and getting out coached every game, clock mgt. a four call play book etc... just saying
Old November 27th, 2012
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-4 View Post
Im not saying Miles is a bad coach, just tired of all the stupid speeches, and getting out coached every game, clock mgt. a four call play book etc... just saying
I understand the frustration with clock management and conservative play calling. I will never claim that Les Miles is good with clock management, though he has been better this year. The conservative playcalling aggravated me too, but he's opened up more this year than in the previous three. I look forward to seeing Mett really settle in over the off season, and seeing Jennings come in and turn the offense up. I will not defend Studrawa. I'd like to see another offensive coordinator up in the booth, and I think a lot of fans feel the same way.

I just don't want Miles gone.
Old November 27th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcollett View Post
I'm sorry, but you have got to be kidding with your "I hope." What do you think will happen to LSU if Miles leaves?

I swear sometimes I think LSU has the worst fans in the country. We just had a two loss season, and some fans act like we just finished under .500. Les Miles has a lot of reasons to leave LSU and go to Arkansas - namely, he's probably tired of being **** on down here by so many fans that think they could coach a better football team than him. Further, he'd be treated like a god for going 10-2 at Arkansas, because it seems that they don't believe they are entitled to winning a national championship every year.

I honestly hope that if he does leave, Arkansas goes 10-2 next year and they beat LSU in the last game of the season. That way, all the fans that ever said anything about Miles' lack of coaching ability can have their words for Thanksgiving dinner.

I hope, as any LSU fan should, that Les stays in Baton Rouge. Especially with Anthony Jennings just signing a deal largely because of Miles...in two years, we are looking to be absolutely incredible. If Miles leaves, I guarantee you that we lose Jennings.

edit: Let's just throw this in here for good measure. You name one coach that can coach a two loss season in the SEC after losing both starting tackles, a right guard, a runningback, two linebackers (one that was supposed to emerge as the heart of the defense), the key playmaker on defense and on special teams, and had 21 starters miss at least one game in a season, then we'll talk. Other than Saban, that coach doesn't exist.
Well said!
Old November 27th, 2012
Executive Member

All miles as done is win at lsu. His down fall is critical game time decisions. I would like to see us get a big time O coordinator and Les let him do his thing. We as lsu fans are just spoiled and are demanding championship every year. As long as we keep getting the recruits we will always be in the hunt. Remember we play in the sec. Just as well be the nfl.
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2012

No matter how much you dislike the guy, can't argue against his record, stats, and the players that love playing for him. Hope he stays, no matter how crazy he is or how much I yell at the tv sometimes.
Old November 27th, 2012
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soileaubandits View Post
All miles as done is win at lsu. His down fall is critical game time decisions. I would like to see us get a big time O coordinator and Les let him do his thing. We as lsu fans are just spoiled and are demanding championship every year. As long as we keep getting the recruits we will always be in the hunt. Remember we play in the sec. Just as well be the nfl.
I agree. I hope that we get some awesome OC Les lets him go off. Saban was a great coach, but it was Muschamp that made the 2003 defense one of the best defenses in the history of college football. I think we allowed something like 60 rushing yards per game and 250ypg overall. Incredible. Anyways, my point was just that coordinators have a huge impact.
Old November 27th, 2012
Board of Directors
Visit Hitman's Facebook Visit Hitman's Twitter Visit Hitman's YouTube

Miles has kept us close and got us there and his recruiting will continue to do so.

We might be back next year for all we know.

Who in their right mind would come to LSU if Miles left or got fired!?

If 10 wins a season isn't good enough for the program, what is!? and What Coach can do better?

Miles might have his moments and a lot of folks are still crying over Saban(NICK IS GONE! and there is only ONE Nick Saban! The College Nation is all wishing they had a Nick Saban) but Miles gets it done and I for one don't think it'll be another 4 years before we go back.

I've heard many, MANY Bama fans say that if they lost Saban, they'd take MILES in a Heart Beat! as would a dozen or more other ELITE College Programs.

Saban woke the program up and Miles bought us the LSU we know and love TODAY!

WHO pray tell can do more!?!?
Old November 27th, 2012
Executive Member
Cajun Carnivores

I really hope he stays. You can't argue with his record and sure don't want to start over with a new coach!
Old November 27th, 2012
Executive Member

100% with you guys.

"The Times-Picayune is reporting that Arkansas has made Miles an offer for five years and $27.5 million, forcing a meeting between LSU athletic director Joe Alleva and the coach's agent.

LSU declined to comment on that report, and Les Miles is currently out of town recruiting."

That last part of that quote sums up Les Miles.