Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Contests > Run-N-Gun

Run-N-Gun Presented by Campbell Cameras

Old May 30th, 2013
Board of Directors
Treetop Assassins

If all you want is a hands free video of the shot then just get the mountin bracket for ur smart phone that mounts to ur bow. These phones have pretty good video out to 30yds. I got the bracket and it works I think it's like $30.
Old May 30th, 2013
Sinister Souls

What do you think it would cost for someone to buy the basics for filming? I am talking something simple that would give quality video. Keep in mind I am technologically challenged. Would it be cheaper to get TD1 to come along and film the hunt for me? HeHe
Old May 30th, 2013
Board of Directors
Treetop Assassins

I went pretty basic and spent about $650
Old May 30th, 2013
Executive Member
Sinister Souls
Visit TD1's Facebook Visit TD1's YouTube

For $650 you can get a pretty darn good set up including tree arm and mic especially if you buy refurbished or second hand
Old May 30th, 2013
Board of Directors
Treetop Assassins

Yeah bought all that and a manfrottoi fluid head. But now my camera won't turn on.
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widebacks View Post
I used to think just this way, but once my kids started hunting I decided to give videoing a shot, and I'm glad I did. I captured most all of their kills including both of their firsts. It's a lifelong lasting memory that we can watch over and over not missing a single detail. Last year I stepped it up a notch, bought a newer up to date camera and began self filming. Sure it could have cost me a deer but instead I captured every kill on film, with the exception of one (due to hunting in the pouring rain). After only a few hunts I had the set up down to a science. I did, however, give thought to a situation of that buck of a lifetime and getting it on film. My plan was to worry about the kill first, and if an opportunity presented itself all i had to do was press the record button. That option was only a second away. Take that for what it's worth, but I would highly recommend filming just for the memories!
I understand filming for others that's cool and all but my oldest has already taken his but I could get the vid of my youngest. My point is I would have to really have someone show me how to do it before I risked it on a live hunt. It just seems to me the best way is a point and shoot unless you got someone in a tree with you.
Old May 31st, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart stopper View Post
What do you think it would cost for someone to buy the basics for filming? I am talking something simple that would give quality video. Keep in mind I am technologically challenged. Would it be cheaper to get TD1 to come along and film the hunt for me? HeHe
Just all depends on how "basic" you want to go.......you can get a pretty good camcorder for 200 bucks,add in another 100 for mounts and what not and you could easily have a decent set-up for under 300 bucks.....
Old May 31st, 2013
Executive Member
Default filming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech82nd View Post
I understand filming for others that's cool and all but my oldest has already taken his but I could get the vid of my youngest. My point is I would have to really have someone show me how to do it before I risked it on a live hunt. It just seems to me the best way is a point and shoot unless you got someone in a tree with you.
It's trial and error...I really "tried" to film this past season. I missed several kill shots by my kids,and I freaked out and didnt start camera for myself, but Droptine(Chris) was able to piece together a great video. I'm filming fishing trips with the kids also. The best advice Chris gave me was to record as much as you can...you can always edit.
Old May 31st, 2013
Banned

I will run a go pro this year and maybe I get the bug. Man some of those came are out of sight and memory cards for the CDs crap 1800 for a card lol.
Old May 31st, 2013
Board of Directors
Visit Widebacks's Facebook Visit Widebacks's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech82nd View Post
Ask TD1, Droptine1973, SonOfaBuck, or Bayou Buck how much I knew about filming before this last season. All I knew was to press record. All trial and error. I learned a lot last season but I still have a ton more to learn.

Last edited by Droptine1973; May 31st, 2013 at 08:50 AM.