Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > The Campfire > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Ball Games, Fights, Athletics, Poker, Etc.

Old September 9th, 2013
Board of Directors
Visit Hitman's Facebook Visit Hitman's Twitter Visit Hitman's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhorn View Post
Money talks. They don't care if their check is from the SEC or any other conference if you give an extra mill or two per year. I would love to have coach Boom back. We had some good defenses under him. Actually the more I think about it, I would like Texas to money whip Florida for Boom, then money whip Clemson for Chad Morris to coach our offense. I don't know what he makes at Florida, but I can see Texas going to 3.5-4 million. That would save us almost 2 mill (I think Mack is at 5.4 per) a year and would field a better unit.

I'm indifferent one way or the other, but what upsets you about what Butch Jones said? 48-14 Ducks. I can't get the link to open so I haven't read it. Did he mean offensively? I can understand if he meant it that way. Outside of atm, no SEC offense can approach the Ducks. Obviously different on the defensive side of the ball though. I kinda see it as not giving them any bulletin board material.

Believe me I'm no Duck fan either, I hate seeing Texas recruits going there because of cool uniforms.

He said ,
"Most complete football team he's seen in years".

I always thought the most complete Football Team win's National Championships.

Plus this is an SEC Coach saying this about the Ducks, of which,
the ONLY TEAM from the SEC that cannot beat them is THE VOLS!

You right though, probably just playing it humble from that shalacking the Ducks gave them 2 years ago.

I hope Tenn whips them to be honest.

/
Old September 9th, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
He said ,
"Most complete football team he's seen in years".

I always thought the most complete Football Team win's National Championships.

Plus this is an SEC Coach saying this about the Ducks, of which,
the ONLY TEAM from the SEC that cannot beat them is THE VOLS!

You right though, probably just playing it humble from that shalacking the Ducks gave them 2 years ago.

I hope Tenn whips them to be honest.

/
They've had some success.
Won v. Miss. St., 36-13, in 2002.
Won at Miss. St., 42-34, in 2003.
Won at Tennessee, 48-13, in 2010.
Lost of course to Auburn.

I think they could beat both the Miss. schools, Florida, Auburn,Tenn.,Arkansas,atm,Mizzou,Vandy with ease.
I believe it would be a toss up between them and UGA,USCe,LSU, and Bama.
I'm sure I'll get killed for that, but I bet a $ after week two of last year SEC fans would swear up and down #14Clemson wouldn't beat #8LSU and #23Louisville beat #3Florida in the bowls.
So far this year the sec-acc is 2-2 against each other.

I'm of the argument that without a doubt the sec is the best conference with UF,UGA,USCe,LSU,BAMA,atm. But outside of that the rest of the teams would be middle of the pack in other conferences also.
Old September 9th, 2013

Above is the reason I hate the eventual move to 16 team super conferences and the sec 8 game conference schedule. If atm or bama wins the sec this year, they'll do it without playing UGA, UF, USC.
Old September 9th, 2013
Board of Directors

Quote:
They've had some success.
Won v. Miss. St., 36-13, in 2002.
Won at Miss. St., 42-34, in 2003.
Won at Tennessee, 48-13, in 2010.
Lost of course to Auburn.

I think they could beat both the Miss. schools, Florida, Auburn,Tenn.,Arkansas,atm,Mizzou,Vandy with ease.
I believe it would be a toss up between them and UGA,USCe,LSU, and Bama.
I'm sure I'll get killed for that, but I bet a $ after week two of last year SEC fans would swear up and down Clemson wouldn't beat LSU and Louisville beat Florida in the bowls.
So far this year the sec-acc is 2-2 against each other.

Oh so Miss St can't beat them either lol 02'-03' Oregon was not who they are today.

No excuse for the Bowl loss but it wasn't for being outright man on man out played IMO. The players attitude STUNK towards the end of the year and it showed in the last 3 games. Horrible Attitudes on/off the field. Plus let's remember that Clemson won by 1 point(as time expired) with a 37 yard FG after a miracle series of catches.

Anyway, when the Ducks were at their so-called BEST with Hiesman candidates on the team. They lost to LSU and Auburn.

Tennesee hasn't been relevant since 1998. Not sure they're a good judge of what the SEC is offering these days.
Old September 9th, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Oh so Miss St can't beat them either lol 02'-03' Oregon was not who they are today.

No excuse for the Bowl loss but it wasn't for being outright man on man out played IMO. The players attitude STUNK towards the end of the year and it showed in the last 3 games. Horrible Attitudes on/off the field. Plus let's remember that Clemson won by 1 point(as time expired) with a 37 yard FG after a miracle series of catches.

Anyway, when the Ducks were at their so-called BEST with Hiesman candidates on the team. They lost to LSU and Auburn.

Tennesee hasn't been relevant since 1998. Not sure they're a good judge of what the SEC is offering these days.
I hear you. Having fun making the day go by at work. Thanks. However, I gotta ask, if LSU or UF would have won their bowl games, would you say it was because they are form the SEC or would you say maybe the other teams had bad attitudes, and didn't really get beat man to man? Plus it was a home game against a quite a bit lower ranked opponent for LSU.
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2013
Board of Directors

Quote:
I hear you. Having fun making the day go by at work. Thanks. However, I gotta ask, if LSU or UF would have won their bowl games, would you say it was because they are form the SEC or would you say maybe the other teams had bad attitudes, and didn't really get beat man to man? Plus it was a home game against a quite a bit lower ranked opponent for LSU.
Did you watch any LSU football last year? See any of the interviews with the players? **** even moron Sam M. out right said they didn't play full throttle against teams towards the end. Which is why his draft stock FELL hard. Then they get the Chicken Bowl. I know what I saw man. We all saw it. They were dragging ***** at the end of the year.

I'm saying, you put that game before the Bama game,
and Clemson gets stomped on.

The Bama game took the heart out of some of the players and some of the staff and it showed.

Good Chatting with ya Bro! out here until tomorrow

TWO NFL Games tonight WHoop!
Old September 12th, 2013
Board of Directors

Man TCU got ROYALLY SCA-REWED! by the REFS tonight.

Can't wait to see some of these horrible calls on YouTube.
Old September 13th, 2013
Banned

Yes they did Hitman.
Old September 13th, 2013
Executive Member

Texas has been terrible for a while, cant believe mack wasnt fired last year!!!!!!! Hes def on his way out!!!!!!
Old September 13th, 2013
Executive Member

Clemson is def on cloud 9!!!!!! Beat lsu in bowl game and now 5th ranked georgia!!!!!!! Gotta have respect for them!!

Also that frosh qb from fla st is unreal, first college game 400 yds passing and 5 tds, coming out of hs they say hes the closest thing we gonna see to bo jackson-dude is a freak in baseball as well as football, and a great kid!!!!!!!!! Hes a great story!!!