Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Contests > Run-N-Gun

Run-N-Gun Presented by Campbell Cameras

Old September 18th, 2013
Board of Directors
Visit Widebacks's Facebook Visit Widebacks's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrole View Post
Ya that's what I remember. I should have plenty footage to submit this year!
Looks like I will have to step up my game. HAHA. I'm glad to see the interest in more folks filming. Those guys did an awesome job with the limited footage they had to work with. Just imagine what they could do with double the footage than last year... Again, I tip my cap to all involved in the production of the DVD.
Old September 18th, 2013
Bayou Bucks Pro Staff
Bayou State Boneheads
Visit Deon Herpin's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart stopper View Post
First off let me say after watching the DVD I'm pumped and ready. I was wondering if ya'll knew what model cameras were used by the amateurs on the DVD. I can't afford equipment like TD1 & Son of a Buck has, but what about some of the other guys. It all looked like quality footage.
Heart stopper I've got the same camera that Q has. It takes great video (I've attached a video to show the quality) and won't cost you an arm and a leg. Just get a larger battery....the one that comes with it doesn't last long. I'm new to this as well and didn't want to sink a ton of money into it. Here's what I've got for this season. I made the camera arm from a video I found on Youtube. Whole setup......@$350.00

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	75489   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	75490   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	75491  
Old September 18th, 2013
Sinister Souls

Thanks Deon, that looks great. I ordered the 500 after seeing an old post by Droptine about that camera. I also ordered a lens hood, UV filter, and extra batteries; all new for just over $500. I bought a camera arm earlier this year. I bought the camera arm with plans to use my old camcorder but TD1 told me it was a dinosaur. If I wanted to get quality footage I should upgrade my camera. Easy for him to say he must be loaded!! In the hunt with Jordy in the rain he said he had $2000 worth of video equipment on his back, my truck don't cost that much.
Old September 18th, 2013
Board of Directors
Karnage Krewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deon Herpin View Post
Heart stopper I've got the same camera that Q has. It takes great video (I've attached a video to show the quality) and won't cost you an arm and a leg. Just get a larger battery....the one that comes with it doesn't last long. I'm new to this as well and didn't want to sink a ton of money into it. Here's what I've got for this season. I made the camera arm from a video I found on Youtube. Whole setup......@$350.00

That's an awesome setup deon, being I am new to this, going to try some self videoing this season, I'm looking heavily into videoing next season and was wanting to invest in a camera. I've ran them before so that's not that new to me, just trying to do like you did and stay under $400 if possible. How much heavier did that arm make your setup after adding it to your stand? I try to stay as lite as possible being I try to get off the beaten path, far back there, and as quiet as possible. My last question is how easy is it to detach that arm from your stand and can you put it in a pack with the rest of your gear?

CUTT EM BOYS!!

"The Good Die Young"

R.I.P. Brandon Boyd
Old September 18th, 2013
Bayou Bucks Pro Staff
Bayou State Boneheads
Visit Deon Herpin's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Master View Post
That's an awesome setup deon, being I am new to this, going to try some self videoing this season, I'm looking heavily into videoing next season and was wanting to invest in a camera. I've ran them before so that's not that new to me, just trying to do like you did and stay under $400 if possible. How much heavier did that arm make your setup after adding it to your stand? I try to stay as lite as possible being I try to get off the beaten path, far back there, and as quiet as possible. My last question is how easy is it to detach that arm from your stand and can you put it in a pack with the rest of your gear?

CUTT EM BOYS!!

"The Good Die Young"

R.I.P. Brandon Boyd
RM it added about a pound to my setup. It's made of aluminum tubing. If you look at the last picture you'll see that it folds up nicely along the arm of the stand. I don't have to detach it. But it is only attached to the stand by a big wing nut....
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2013
Board of Directors
Karnage Krewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deon Herpin View Post
RM it added about a pound to my setup. It's made of aluminum tubing. If you look at the last picture you'll see that it folds up nicely along the arm of the stand. I don't have to detach it. But it is only attached to the stand by a big wing nut....
Yea I see that. That's perfect! Beats spending a few extra hundred dollars for an arm when your on a tight budget. Lighter than I figured. That's the way to go just starting out instead of sinking close to 6-700 bucks all together. I appreciate the info, thanks!

CUTT EM BOYS!!

"The Good Die Young"

R.I.P. Brandon Boyd
Old September 18th, 2013

I use a Sony HDRCX220. Paid $225 for the camera, home made swing arm, and a universal tripod for hunting groundblinds. 8.9 Megapixels and 32x zoom. Gets great footage for the price. Once i get out of college i plan on getting something a lil better but this is all i can afford for now
Old September 18th, 2013
Bruiser Bowl Champions
Apostles of Ardennes
Visit Bayou Buck's Facebook Visit Bayou Buck's Twitter Visit Bayou Buck's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart stopper View Post
I bought the camera arm with plans to use my old camcorder but TD1 told me it was a dinosaur. If I wanted to get quality footage I should upgrade my camera. Easy for him to say he must be loaded!!!
You better watch that TD1 cat...he rich and enjoys the finer things in life. Drives a new car for each day of the week.
Old September 18th, 2013

are any of these camera's water proof that yall listed. I would like to video some of my hunts but Im not taking a $500 camera in the stand and it get wet.
Old September 19th, 2013
Executive Member

Gonna try my canon sx210is this year. My wife has a nice canon dslr, but I'm not gonna get that till I fork out some change for her a new one. My cannon has 14 mp and 14 optical zoom. Takes video in 720p and 30 fps. Guess it would work and it fits in a pocket.