Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Old January 11th, 2014
Show Stoppers
Default Hog regs

I have been searching the LDWF site looking for the rules regarding hog hunting on Bodcau but I haven't found anything. Can anyone steer me in the right direction to find the rules, thank you.
Old January 12th, 2014
Board of Directors

Hogs are not game animals so when a wma does not have specific rules posted for them then you would follow the rule of "largest gun for current open season and follow all current season rules".
Old January 12th, 2014
Show Stoppers

Thanks for the response, I've always hunted private land but with the amount of hogs Bodcau is supposed to hold I figure I'll give it a try in between deer seasons.
Old January 22nd, 2014
Executive Member

Hogs can be killed during any open season on Bodcau WMA with weapon and license applicable to the season that is in progress. If there is no other season in progress then you cannot hunt hogs. As of now Bodcau is open for archery for deer through the last day of January and for small game through the end of February. So through the end of January you could use a bow or a gun legal for small game. In February all you are allowed is a gun legal ffor small game, so either a rimfire rifle no larger than .22 claliber (.22 magnum max) or a shotgun with shot size legal for squirrels and rabbits. No buckshot or slugs since no firearms deer season is open. As for license you currently would need basic, big game, and archery to bow hunt or just basic to hunt with a rimfire rifle or shotgun with small game legal shot size. To do any hunting on a WMA you have to buy a WMA hunting permit. If you have a lifetime license that's covered already. If you're under 18 you don't have to buy that yet. Be sure and check in and out with self clearing permits. May not be used to that if you have never hunted a WMA but you have to do it every time you go on a WMA for any reason whether it's hunt or sight see or anything in between. If you don't know what I mean by check in and out with self clearing permits, call the local LDWF office and they'll explain it to you. If you are unfamiliar with using a WMA you'd be wise to get the hunting regs pamphlet and read the whole section on WMA rules and regulations and call LDWF and ask about anything you don't understand. It's not hardtonownthe rules on a WMA but it's definitely different than hunting on private. Most times when folks get in trouble on a WMA it's because they didn't learn the rules to start with. Read the rules and call LDWF with any questions and you should be fine.

Bodcau does have some hogs. Some places more than others. None of it has hogs like it did several years ago but that's not a bad thing.
Old August 26th, 2014
Horn Stars

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1409081504819.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	86727
Killed all of them
Sponsored Links