Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > The Campfire > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Ball Games, Fights, Athletics, Poker, Etc.

Old November 19th, 2014
Board of Directors
Visit Hitman's Facebook Visit Hitman's Twitter Visit Hitman's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 003 View Post
I wonder if it would put bama out of the top 4?
Absolutely it would.

If Bama loses to Auburn they are OUT of the top 4.

If Ole Miss wins out and goes to the SEC Title Game
they may make it back in the Top 4.

If MS State wins out and wins the SEC Title game
they are in.

I think it will end like this;

#1 Bama
#2 FSU
#3 Oregon
#4 Ohio St.

All Conference Champs.
Old November 21st, 2014
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Absolutely it would.

If Bama loses to Auburn they are OUT of the top 4.

If Ole Miss wins out and goes to the SEC Title Game
they may make it back in the Top 4.

If MS State wins out and wins the SEC Title game
they are in.

I think it will end like this;

#1 Bama
#2 FSU
#3 Oregon
#4 Ohio St.

All Conference Champs.
That's how it should be. I don't like this whole "we don't care if you're a conference champ or not, 4 best teams" bit. There are 65 Teams in the Power 5, and no one plays even a quarter of those teams, so to have the audacity to say that Miss State is better than Ohio State with no common ground is ridiculous if both have a loss.

The day 2 teams come out of one conference undefeated AFTER the Regular Season, then they can both be in. I have no problem with 2 teams from one conference if they are both at least divisional champions. But there is no excuse for another 2011 to happen. If you can't at least win your division, you don't deserve a shot at a National Title. If you want to start putting those teams in, expand the playoff and give all the conference champions a shot.

Even if this first playoff ends up with 4 Conference Champions in, you are still leaving one out. In your projection, that would be the Big 12 Champion. So how does the Committee even justify leaving out a Potential 1 loss Big 12 Champion over the other 1 loss champions?

Start throwing Non Conference Champion teams, and its just a mess.
Old November 22nd, 2014

Congrats SEC, you survived.
Charleston Southern
Samford
Western Carolina
South Alabama
Eastern Kentucky
#gauntlet

Do you think Bama should be punished for playing a D2 school. I don't know about punished, but at least not have everyone swinging off their nuts this week.
Old November 22nd, 2014
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunhorn View Post
Charleston Southern
Samford
Western Carolina
South Alabama
Eastern Kentucky
#gauntlet

Do you think Bama should be punished for playing a D2 school. I don't know about punished, but at least not have everyone swinging off their nuts this week.
I don't think you can punish them nor do I believe people will quit praising them, because no one in the top 10 played anyone of significance.
Old November 22nd, 2014
Banned

Quote:
Charleston Southern
Samford
Western Carolina
South Alabama
Eastern Kentucky
#gauntlet

It's the week before rivalry play if you don't understand that something is wrong. Most probably practiced a couple days for this week's opponents and got an early start on the upcoming weeks big games.
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech82nd View Post
It's the week before rivalry play if you don't understand that something is wrong. Most probably practiced a couple days for this week's opponents and got an early start on the upcoming weeks big games.
Oh I understand that. But why go all in on D2 teams. If you constantly proclaim you're so great all you have to do is show up to win because you have sec next to your name, then at least play a D1 cream puff.
Old November 23rd, 2014
Executive Member

Quote:
Oh I understand that. But why go all in on D2 teams. If you constantly proclaim you're so great all you have to do is show up to win because you have sec next to your name, then at least play a D1 cream puff.
You know the only reason I can't stand this whiny argument is that the majority of the rest of the country still plays these teams. Just because the gayhorns don't, doesn't mean no one else is.

And its FCS, not D2. There is a difference.

And please explain to me how playing North Texas is any better than playing Sam Houston? Cause Texas sure does like beating on them every now and then.

I graduated from one of those "D2" schools, that **** near beat one of those "superior" FBS schools. Those games are often times very important to the smaller schools because it pumps a little more life into the program. My alma mater has been getting hammered with budget cuts, so every extra dollar helps.
Old November 23rd, 2014

Yes every conference plays these teams early in the year. The original question was if Bama should be penalized in the eyes of the playoff committee. Playing these teams at the end of the season when every other conference is in the middle of conference play I can see them being dropped a little in the eyes of the committee.
As stated earlier by someone that its the week before rivalry games. How many varsity high school teams schedule a freshman team to play prior to their rivalry week.
As far as the horns go, LSU and Texas just signed up for a home and home in 2019/2020. Hopefully both teams will be relevant again when that time comes, because they're both after thoughts right now in CFB landscape.
It is possible we can meet in the bowl this year. Although the sec has stated they're not going to schedule atm / Texas (that's who I want), I believe we end up with Arky though. I would love the LSU match up also. I believe we beat atm, 50/50 with LSU, who knows with Arky. Although I bet they don't shut us out!
If it ends up being TEXAS/LSU, I don't think the winner can walk away claiming a "quality" victory.
Old November 23rd, 2014
Board of Directors
Visit Hitman's Facebook Visit Hitman's Twitter Visit Hitman's YouTube

Ironic Article> http://yellowhammernews.com/politics...ims-roll-tide/

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Old November 23rd, 2014
Executive Member

Quote:
Yes every conference plays these teams early in the year. The original question was if Bama should be penalized in the eyes of the playoff committee. Playing these teams at the end of the season when every other conference is in the middle of conference play I can see them being dropped a little in the eyes of the committee.
As stated earlier by someone that its the week before rivalry games. How many varsity high school teams schedule a freshman team to play prior to their rivalry week.
As far as the horns go, LSU and Texas just signed up for a home and home in 2019/2020. Hopefully both teams will be relevant again when that time comes, because they're both after thoughts right now in CFB landscape.
It is possible we can meet in the bowl this year. Although the sec has stated they're not going to schedule atm / Texas (that's who I want), I believe we end up with Arky though. I would love the LSU match up also. I believe we beat atm, 50/50 with LSU, who knows with Arky. Although I bet they don't shut us out!
If it ends up being TEXAS/LSU, I don't think the winner can walk away claiming a "quality" victory.
Answer the question: what makes North Texas any better than Sam Houston State?

Who Alabama played this week should not matter, because they should be looking at the body of work. Why would you drop a team this week, only to possibly move them back up next week if they beat a Top 15 team in Auburn?