Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Old August 16th, 2019
Executive Member
Default Scouting 8-16-19

I made a trip up there today. While driving around, I saw an area where there was "damage" to small [10+ feet tall] pine trees just off the gravel road. As I drove further, I saw more trees that had been driven over by some type of equipment. Then I started seeing small area that looked like it had been dug up some.

When I scouted an area, I found that much more area had been driven over by this equipment. I walked up on a spot where there was some digging. There was a coil of wires partly covered up by dirt.

Thirty years ago on a different WMA, I walked up in an area where there was the same setup, but these had wires attached connected each location together. I remember, saying I better get the **** out of there before the seismic testing crew sets off the charges.

While at CC, I saw one small hen [no Poulet] and a deer with a spotted fawn. Not very good pic, but I can see the spots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2208.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	103421   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2186.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	103422   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2187.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	103423  
Old August 17th, 2019
Board of Directors

That brings back memories. In the early 80ís, i used to collect all that yellow wire , around here. Did you find any empty gallon jugs ?
Old August 17th, 2019
Executive Member

I did not see any empty jugs. What is in the jugs?

Usually when I am at a WMA, I make many stops to pick up trash and come home with one or two full bags. But yesterday it was very hot, I said to myself.... I can "do my clean-up" when it is a little cooler. I brought one plastic bottle home.

I did notice that for the most part, there were very few cans, bottles or other trash. There was the usual amount of flagging tied off along the roads. I think most of this is put out to mark "stuff" for the work going on in that area. I just wish they would remove it when the work is finished. If the flagging looks old, it usually disappears.

The third pic cleanup was done by the parish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0423.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	103424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sec 120 rd after.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	103425   Click image for larger version

Name:	WB boat launch....jpg
Views:	51
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	103426  
Old August 17th, 2019
Board of Directors

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7OHG7tHrNM
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
Sad all the trash in this state I caught two red handed throwing trash in a canal on my property a couple months I called wildlife and fisheries showed them the video I had of them throwing the trash I told agent I wanted the trash picked up. The agent got them to pick it all up. The agent told me he also wrote them up When I see littering I call wildlife and fisheries not the Lafayette parish sheriffs office because I have tried that already and they donít do anything. Wildlife and fisheries will take care of littering if they are called
Sponsored Links
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
Sad all the trash in this state I caught two red handed throwing trash in a canal on my property a couple months I called wildlife and fisheries showed them the video I had of them throwing the trash I told agent I wanted the trash picked up. The agent got them to pick it all up. The agent told me he also wrote them up When I see littering I call wildlife and fisheries not the Lafayette parish sheriffs office because I have tried that already and they don’t do anything. Wildlife and fisheries will take care of littering if they are called
I wrote many of those in my tenure.

Last edited by Lamplighter; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:33 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald View Post
I made a trip up there today. While driving around, I saw an area where there was "damage" to small [10+ feet tall] pine trees just off the gravel road. As I drove further, I saw more trees that had been driven over by some type of equipment. Then I started seeing small area that looked like it had been dug up some.

When I scouted an area, I found that much more area had been driven over by this equipment. I walked up on a spot where there was some digging. There was a coil of wires partly covered up by dirt.

Thirty years ago on a different WMA, I walked up in an area where there was the same setup, but these had wires attached connected each location together. I remember, saying I better get the **** out of there before the seismic testing crew sets off the charges.

While at CC, I saw one small hen [no Poulet] and a deer with a spotted fawn. Not very good pic, but I can see the spots.
Gerald seismograph crews have been out there surveying since last year. Talked to one surveyor during turkey season and asked when they plan on setting off the charges. He said probably around October lol.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
Sad all the trash in this state I caught two red handed throwing trash in a canal on my property a couple months I called wildlife and fisheries showed them the video I had of them throwing the trash I told agent I wanted the trash picked up. The agent got them to pick it all up. The agent told me he also wrote them up When I see littering I call wildlife and fisheries not the Lafayette parish sheriffs office because I have tried that already and they donít do anything. Wildlife and fisheries will take care of littering if they are called
Good for you doing your part to punish people that litter.

About a year ago, I was in a Walmart parking lot walking toward the store. There was a 40 ish age couple walking in front of me and the women lit up a cigarette. As they approached the door, she tossed the cigarette over toward the wall. I was right behind her and loudly said "why did you just litter". She stopped but did not say anything, so after several seconds I said you need to pick that up. She did pick it up and walked a few steps over and put it in the trash can after putting it out.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive Member

A few years back we were hunting Red River WMA in January. We came out of the woods and there were a couple of other trucks by ours and trash strewn all over. The back of one truck contained some of the same trash that was scattered all over. My buddy and I each got a bag and bagged up all the trash, tied the bags closed and deposited them in the back of the truck that contained the same trash.