Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Public Hunting Land Profiles > General Public Lands Discussion > Acadiana Corridor WMA

Acadiana Corridor WMA 2,285 Acres: St. Landry, Evangeline, Avoyelles, & Rapides Parishes

Old November 4th, 2015
Default Water level?

Not sure if anyone is willing to share the info, just wondering if anyone had generally better luck here when the water is really low, or really high? Not even sure if it would make difference. Thanks for any tips guys. Newb here, looking to grt my first deer.
Old November 4th, 2015
Board of Directors
Visit JDIZZ's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not sure if anyone is willing to share the info, just wondering if anyone had generally better luck here when the water is really low, or really high? Not even sure if it would make difference. Thanks for any tips guys. Newb here, looking to grt my first deer.
Probably better if the creek is up, depending if how far you can get down it. I have heard people say head north from landing and go as far as you can and find some higher ground. I have been wanting to check it out but don't have a small boat. I see a good bit of deer closer to bunkie and that power high line. Saw 2 nice bucks last year right there.
Old November 4th, 2015

I have a small go devil. I went a few weeks ago but only went South due to the water being very low. I seen today it is super high, a little nervous about going north by myself, especially beings i'm still learning the go devil.
Old November 4th, 2015
Executive Member

Many years ago I went with my 15ft Alweld and 25yam during higher water. The current was ripping pretty good after similar rain as lately. I went north under two different bridges, quite a ways. Jumped two pretty good logjams at bridges, only because I could float back down if needed/broke. It was pretty daring at the time, no one else around.

Hunted a little, started raining, spooked deer into swimming a drain when I came by with boat. Man I got tired quick of the trucks passing by so close nonstop. It was a Sunday evening as I recall.
Old November 5th, 2015
Board of Directors

i haven't hunted the ACC, but have hunted private property across the interstate, and man it makes for an aggravating hunt hearing that constant traffic. Its a totally different and un-peaceful hunt...
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2015

Just left.. There was a small opening on outside of log jam under bridge to go north...i'm not going to try that again with my longtail. Ended with a cracked hull. Between the mosquitos, my electric start going out, and getting slammed inti bridge, I figured it would be best to call it a day.
Old November 6th, 2015
Visit VPBowhunter's Facebook
Default ACC

Best to go from Washington Landing and go north..... i hunt some property that borders the bayou on the West side, woods are flooded right now with about 4 ft of water, I've hunted the south side of the Whiteville exit and north an have had more success hunting the south side particularly around the Dupleson exit
Old November 6th, 2015
Executive Member
Devastation, Inc.
Visit Crawl79's Facebook Visit Crawl79's Twitter

I hunt property a couple miles south and on west side of the bayou and live on the bayou. It is high right now.