ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Old December 1st, 2016
Default Any info you could give?

Hey guys trying to make a hunt here in the next couple weeks, just wondering if there is any info talk could give me on it, you can pm me or text or call 3373779552 thanks alot
Old December 2nd, 2016
Executive Member
Visit jleger's Facebook

All hardwoods and walk in only..good place to hunt but scouting is a must...Hunt the east side....Jeremy
Old December 6th, 2016

OK Thank you, I was looking at making a trip up there to scout then make another trip to hunt for a few days, just looking at new places. didnt know if it was worth the trip.
Old December 6th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrushing View Post
OK Thank you, I was looking at making a trip up there to scout then make another trip to hunt for a few days, just looking at new places. didnt know if it was worth the trip.
I went the previous two seasons during Thanksgiving week since I don't have the balls to hunt the other WMA's with that many people with guns I don't know. Two years ago, I had a great trip, no kill, but Thanksgiving morning I had a nice young 8 pt at 40 yards. He was quartered to me but behind a bush. I was 22 yards from a white oak dropping acorns. I had a doe under the tree eating and the buck just staring at her. i had a great wind blowing my scent behind me over the bayou. As soon as the doe left and got out of sight the buck hauled butt right in front of me chasing her. I whistled, yelled, and grunted and he never slowed down. Saw a few hogs, hog sign is everywhere.

Last year was a completely different story. I borrowed a friends motorized pirouge instead of walking in. The first afternoon I scouted the place was empty of deer tracks or droppings under every feed tree I checked. I started heading north along the bayou and was able to find the tree I had set up on the previous year where I saw the 8. The same tree was dropping but had very little evidence of anything hitting it. I jacked up in it and saw nothing. The next morning I was in the same tree and had a hog come in and hit the tree. I filmed him a few minutes and he left. I got down at 10 and went scout across the levee and saw hog sign only. No rubs or scrapes like last year. Well I sat up on the levee and started eating my lunch. I looked down the levee toward the parking lot you walk in form and saw a gang of guys coming my way. It looked to be 8-9. So I was disssapointed to say the least. Every time I looked up it seemed like there were less people in the group coming my way. Eventually the last two guys got to me and asked how I did. I told him I'd seen a hog but didn't fling one. He said I was crazy, that the hogs had taken over the place and they'd been in there almost every day driving them and the guys set up along the bayou and he went the farthest and would start pushing. I told him I was hunting right down there where we were talking and he said he'd be walking by me in another hour or so while making the push. I grabbed my stand and left. He'd said they all lived in the neighborhood on the west side of the bayou.

Its easy to scout. From the north parking lot I eased through the woods between the bayou and the levee. Some places it's only 30 yards wide some up to 75 or so. But like I said, two years ago it looked good and had a lot of sign. Last year it looked like a completely different area. Torn up with hog sign and full of trash and people tracks. I have a friend that lives in Shreveport that went check it out last month around the first of November. He's a die hard hunter, and is getting into the public land thing himself. Its 30 minutes from his house and he said it looked so dead he's going to find somewhere else to hunt.

There is a campground that I can't remember the name of in Oil City right on Caddo Lake that's maybe 5 miles from the north end entrance.. When you come into Oil City, you'll have a sherriff station on your left. Its right behind there. They have rv hookups and tent spots. Also a shower house. Good luck I'll pm my number if you want to ask any questions that I won't put on the internet. I think it may get outlawed a little, which sucks since its so small.

Last edited by cajunhorn; December 6th, 2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old December 6th, 2016

The driving of deer and hogs is illegal on wmas those organized drives is what runs the deer out more then the hogs do those groups making these drives need to be reported to ldwf
Sponsored Links