Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Public Hunting Land Profiles > General Public Lands Discussion > Acadiana Corridor WMA

Acadiana Corridor WMA 2,285 Acres: St. Landry, Evangeline, Avoyelles, & Rapides Parishes

Old October 24th, 2009
Default going north

I'm not hunting today my bro. is coming in today so im going to put in off of Hi. 29 and see just how far I can go? Never been but about 2 miles up. If you can't access from 49 and you can't go far up north on the bayou,what is the use of making it a wma? That is really B.S.you can be droped off to access from the 4 lane! Well with all the rain i'm going to see whats up there.
Old October 25th, 2009
Default Went North

Well I made it about 7 5/8 of a mile when i came to one **** of a logjam. The water was moving so swift it was not safe to even try to to cut your way through. It was very nice ride. The water was moving fast throughout the ride. I don't think you would want to use your 2.2 to go up! Did see some **** good signs hope the water will stay high so I can go hunt up there. Got to go, Later Yeager
Old January 12th, 2010
Executive Member
Bounty Hunters
Default accessing ACC

If I read all the info right, the only way to access this area (legally) is to launch a boat in either Wahington on Bayou Courtableau or at Hwy. 29. Is that correct? How would you get to the north part? What kind of boats do you guys use? I saw that there alot of log jams in between, so would that mean that you need a go-devil/gatortail to get there? I would like to use my tandem kayak, but from what others have said, the current would be to strong. Not to mention that it would be a LONG paddle. It would be nice if they would make access points at all the highway crossings (181, 115, and 106). At least a place to park and walk in at those places. I guess they just don't want us to hunt that northern part legally.
Old January 12th, 2010
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheprowl View Post
Can you take a party barge in the bayou?
my bro inlaw hunted this place alot dont think a party barge would make lots of lay downs and stumps
Old November 24th, 2011
Default Bicycle?

I have heard u can park at Dubuisson and ride bike down highway, I don't think riding a bike is illegal yet!
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2011
Visit shellshot16's Facebook

I personaly think that it is a bunch of BS because all of our state money went in to buying it and a person cant even get in too it safely. Why even have it if you have to fight to get in there , hunting should be a fun experence not a fight to get in the woods. The need to make a road to allow personal access off of I-49 , some one needs to take to one of our state reps About this BS. It seem as if they are trying to stereo type people with out boats when you can just walk in to the woods.
Old December 8th, 2011
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellshot16 View Post
some one needs to take to one of our state reps About this BS.
You're someone!
Old December 8th, 2011
Executive Member
Devastation, Inc.
Visit Crawl79's Facebook Visit Crawl79's Twitter

I live on the bayou a 10 min boat ride from the reserve. I was told (a few years back) that I could leave from my house in my truck, check in at the Wasington launch then drive home and take off in my boat.

I will have to confirm this again soon as I plan on hunting the area again by the end of the year or starting next year.
Old December 12th, 2011

I checked the Hwy 29 launch last week and it looked like they cleared a section under the bridge. someone from the state said they were planning on cleaning under the 29 bridge so they can get accurate water readings
Old February 10th, 2016
Visit Jeff Cain's Facebook

They more worried about protecting wildlife that doesn't need protection, littering and water levels than they are managing the WMA for Hunters...