Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Public Hunting Land Profiles > General Public Lands Discussion > Tunica Hills WMA

Tunica Hills WMA 5,905 Acres: West Feliciana Parish

Old May 20th, 2015
Default Rain in those hills

How is the rain fall at Tunica this year?
Old May 21st, 2015

it is probably flooded. if you take parker road its probably slippery as a bowling lane.
Old June 16th, 2015

Probably to much rain and that means to many acorns on the ground. Which means deer don't have to move much to eat. But that Mother Nature and she usual wins.
Old June 19th, 2015

Went to the camp yesterday. Cut grass, checked cameras, and scouted. Looks like there has been no shortage of rain or pigs up there. Hike those hills all day and just about died! I'm just trying to figure out where I'm gonna hunt in 15 years when I just will refuse to climb some of that stuff.
Old June 23rd, 2015
Default Very ruff terrain

I mostly hunt the north tract inside the loop but you have to play the wind since the bottom runs north and south. A lot of deer hold up in there. The west boundary with Angola is a hot spot due to the food souce on the prison grounds. I just hunt late December through January but didn't have but a few mature bucks on camera and many young ones. I have since a few impressive bucks in there. Kinda reminds me of Illinois sometimes but there not a frequent as up there.
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2015

yea the LSP line has tracks as big as Human feet. they are noctornal back there. They have deer all over the place in Tunica. North and South. To be honest I might play the wind and get on a high ridge next to the road and fall asleep under a tree next season. they have deer right off the roads ATV Trails and Food Plots. can't wait for October 1st. love Bowhunting even when i come back empty handed.
Old June 24th, 2015

I never hunted the bottom"Ravines bottoms". an Old Man told me a while back if you aint pulling anything out of the bottom don't go down there. also heard people get lost down there. and the deer are all **** near at the top. idk i might try the bottom one day. after a freeze because they probably have some big canebrakes on the bottom
Old June 25th, 2015

I pretty much hunt every single weekend plus holidays. I've killed deer in the bottoms and on the ridges. In the bottoms is really tough unless the wind is constant!
Old June 25th, 2015
Default The bottoms

Remember food drives a deer to move. I have seen many big bucks between 10-2, when they hear the ATVs leave they get up and eat. When the winds is high they will move to the bottoms to get out of it. Scouting is important and I do it post season before the spring sets in. I also believe you can scout to much. The human scent is the deal breaker with mature bucks. I scout one weekend after the season then lay off it till December and January and I hunt Illinois in late October till early November usually ten days.
Old July 4th, 2015

Hope I can make a hunt like that one day soon. To Iowa or Illinios. I love this Forum. It is friendly and helps tons.

Good luck this year.
Can't wait to scout let alone hunt.