Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > General Outdoor Discussion

General Outdoor Discussion Archery, Shooting, Game Management, Gear, Camping, etc.

Old January 14th, 2017
Default Who bought own hunting land?

For those of you that actually bought your own land to hunt and play on, what advice can you offer. I'm looking hard and going to pull the trigger soon on property in mississippi and want to make sure I don't make any mistakes. Any regrets of buying your own land?
Old January 15th, 2017
Default Late to the game---

This is probably the worst time in history to think about buying hunting property-- we are on the verge of a serious global economic slowdown-- ALL types of property will lose value from right now. You probably would be making the MISTAKE of your lifetime. Wait till blood is running in the streets--when banks will not make real estate loans--people are quick to forget the S&L crisis. The banks are in for another *** kicking-- this time Trump will let them fail. THEN BUY ALL YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR--IF YOU CAN-- Good Luck.
Old January 16th, 2017
Chairman

I can't make the numbers work anymore, but hey, if you have a couple of extra Million, I guess it doesn't matter. You also need to have a good bit of time to devote to it. The more time the better.

I think that 250 acres would be a minimum with at least 500 - 1,000 acres preferable.

I'd personally prefer a prime lease with minimum members and take a couple of out of state trips a year.
Old January 16th, 2017

i own a measly 23 acres and and kill deer on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old January 16th, 2017

My cousin has 8 acres and killed a deer this year. If you can get property that fronts to other tracts that are conducive to deer movement and habitat then it doesn't matter if how much you have personally.
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2017
Executive Member
Swamp Rogues

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the funds! No one can tell you crap about what you can or can't do. You are your own president and make decisions as you see fit. Can come and go as you please and not have the hassle or worry about messing other people up or stepping on anyone's toes. If you like to hunt and the property fits your criteria then it's a no brainier, buy it. They are not making anymore land.
Old January 16th, 2017
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancher View Post
I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had the funds! No one can tell you crap about what you can or can't do. You are your own president and make decisions as you see fit. Can come and go as you please and not have the hassle or worry about messing other people up or stepping on anyone's toes. If you like to hunt and the property fits your criteria then it's a no brainier, buy it. They are not making anymore land.
You. Are 100% correct Rancher. If you have the funds buy it. Had the opportunity 4 years ago on 200 acres . Tried to get couple other guy's to go in, they didn't want. Had a camp, box blinds and duck blinds. We lease it for 4 years . We got a few deer and ducks off that place. Miss it.😞
Old January 16th, 2017
Default neighbors

You need to spend as much time looking at surrounding property as you do the property you buy. Find out about who hunts it and what they shoot. If it doesn't fit into what your looking for walk away. Unless your buying allot of land 1000 acres plus your neighbors can make the place a blessing or a curse. If you got good neighbors that are similar minded as you then even a small place can be great.
Old January 16th, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajuncook View Post
This is probably the worst time in history to think about buying hunting property-- we are on the verge of a serious global economic slowdown-- ALL types of property will lose value from right now. You probably would be making the MISTAKE of your lifetime. Wait till blood is running in the streets--when banks will not make real estate loans--people are quick to forget the S&L crisis. The banks are in for another *** kicking-- this time Trump will let them fail. THEN BUY ALL YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR--IF YOU CAN-- Good Luck.
Yeah and Planet X will likely destroy your property and all the black panthers on it too. Lmao
Old January 16th, 2017

In my position, buying anything over about 75 acres or so is out of the question. I'm just a regular old worker who works for a living. Just tired of always worrying about other people and stuff on a lease. Always been my dream to own a little piece of land to play on. Not too worried about killing monster bucks off of it-----I'm of the belief any deer is a trophy.

Just tired of always putting money away for retirement just to retire and have all this money in the bank and then being too old and loss of desire to buy land at that time. Figured I should use some money now to buy land, enjoy it now, then if I really get tired of it sell it when I'm old and hope it appreciated. If not, something for the grand kids to enjoy.

Going look at two pieces tomorrow.