Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > The Campfire > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Ball Games, Fights, Athletics, Poker, Etc.

Old August 11th, 2014
Chairman

Stewart's reputation isn't going to help him. As soon as I heard what happened, I thought to myself that Stewart meant to scare him or spin out by him or something. It would be par for the course for Stewart.

" Notably, Tyler Graves, a sprint-car racer who attended the race and who has been described as a friend of Ward, suggested to The Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass that Stewart acted with some degree of intent: “I know Tony could see [Ward] . . . When Tony got close to him, he hit the throttle.” If other drivers make similar comments, there may be increased pressure on Povero and Tantillo to pursue charges.

Along those lines, it is at least plausible that a grand jury could conclude that while Stewart did not intend to kill Ward – which, when accompanied by other elements, would constitute murder in the first degree​ – he may have engaged in conduct consistent with murder in the second degree. Under New York law, murder in the second degree entails acting with a depraved indifference to human life and recklessly engaging in conduct that “creates a grave risk of death to another person, and thereby cause the death of another person.” New York classifies murder in the second degree as an A-I felony, and it carries up to a life sentence and minimum of 15 years behind bars.

Second, “criminal intent” is not the only state of mind that could lead to criminal charges against Stewart. For instance, negligent homicide refers to accidentally causing the death of another through negligent conduct, such as reckless operation of a motor vehicle. Crucially, negligent homicide would not require that Stewart intentionally tried to kill Ward, only that he drove recklessly or carelessly. Such misconduct might include trying to scare — but not hurt — Ward. In New York, negligent homicide is a Class E felony and carries a maximum punishment of four years in prison.

Another plausible, though less likely, charge against Stewart is manslaughter in the first degree, which would necessitate that Stewart intended to cause Ward serious harm and in doing so killed him. A conviction would carry a prison sentence of up to 25 years. Manslaughter in the second degree, which carries a prison term of up to 15 years, would be appropriate if Stewart’s conduct in driving was deemed sufficiently reckless and connected to Ward’s death."
Old August 11th, 2014
Board of Directors
Visit Hitman's Facebook Visit Hitman's Twitter Visit Hitman's YouTube

A Grand Jury(probably of non-racing fans)
would likely indict Tony Stewart
on a Manslaughter charge.

Remember, were not talking about Race Fans on the jury
it'll likely to be NON-Race fans and some folks who don't even watch sports.

I have to say after watching it again and again
I think Tony Stewart was trying to avoid contact with him
at the last second.

I've watched the 720p Version and the #45 Car also
came VERY close to hitting Ward and itself was (side-ways)
to avoid contact. Right behind that car was Stewart.

Both Cars sure look like they did not know Ward
was on the track before seeing him abruptly and
both seem to perform the exact same procedure
to avoid hitting Ward.

Tony just so happen to be higher up on the track
when he attempted to do the same.

Also if you look at that track. No fans could have seen the same angle
was the Drivers. Not unless they were walking around the West side of the tracks
in the grass. The stands are on the opposite side.
Old August 11th, 2014
Chairman

Looked like he tried to get the rear end of the car to slide down the track and away from Ward. On those cars, don't the rear tires stick out wide compared to the front tires and the rest of the car?
Old August 11th, 2014
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Looked like he tried to get the rear end of the car to slide down the track and away from Ward. On those cars, don't the rear tires stick out wide compared to the front tires and the rest of the car?
I'm not that familiar with them
but they do a little bit by design.
Not much though. If at the rear, you can't see the front tires.
If you're in front you can see the rear tires, but not much is covered by the front tires
at ground level if that's what you're wondering.

The front seems to be compensated to almost match the rear tires in width
as far as the framework goes.

Another good point to Stewarts credit is that these drivers
aren't looking towards the outsides of turns.
They're looking towards the inside b/c that's the direction their going.

Any outside injection of an obstacle would likely catch them off guard.
Old August 11th, 2014
Horn Stars

Quote:

Yes.....
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2014
Board of Directors

See what I'm saying TH?

The rear tires are bigger, but the front-end is compensated
to push the front tires out and almost even with the rear tires.

So they don't stick out as much as they appear.

HUGE Photo Warning;
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Wisconsin.jpg
Old August 11th, 2014

Quote:
What's the odds of the same guy being the one who spun Ward out and hit him? What the heck is Stewart doing even racing on a dirt track? That's almost like a MLB player going home and playing church league softball on his off day.
Not at all. I've gone to Locust Grove Ar for a dirt track race that paid 100k to the winner and watched Mark Martin, Bill Elliott, and Kasey Kahne get handed their hats by drivers like Kenny Merchant. Hard to say exactly what T.S. was doing or thinking when this happened but you can bet that track across America will implement new rules during a caution to avoid this same thing. I've seen PLENTY of cell cam videos of other drivers doing something similar to a car that caused a wreck and get flipped over the roof or drug along side the car. It was just a matter of time before someone was killed.
Old August 11th, 2014
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest1 View Post
"I say Ward's temper got him killed. "
pretty much the way I see it also......

Since 1990,I've raced oval dirt track,NHRA drag racing and asphalt Vintage road racing in 7 states on at least a 15 different tracks.........At every drivers meeting before every race, one of the things that is emphazised is if your car is disabled/broke/wrecked or whatever,try to steer it off the racing groove if possible and NEVER/NEVER get out of your car unless its on fire until the safety crew gets to you...........

The young driver was trying to make a name for himself by going at a veteran driver on the track after the wreck,big NO NO,sorry to say,but it was a stupid move on his part......you wait till after the race and go talk to the guy in the pits......

We'll never know for sure exactly what happened,but strapped in a sprint car with the head/neck restraint,one has very little movement side to side along with the side head protectors of the seats used,it is possible Stewart didn't see him very well or could not tell how close he was to the driver.... it was a dark track and the driver was wearing a black driving suit and black helmet.......

Sad situation all the way around,in my opinion what Ward did was stupid and ultimately led to his tragic death......

just my 2 cents on the subject....
I worked Fire / Rescue at NOLA for a year. Every riders / drivers meeting, the racers are told the same thing. Stay in the car unless the vehicle is on fire. If you have to exit the vehicle head to the nearest wall. DO NOT cross the racing surface.

Ward was nearly clipped by the blue and white car, then he went on to the racing line in an attempt to get at TS. I do believe TS wanted to add insult to injury by sliding the car in front of the guy. I don't believe he ever intended to hit him, and that's my opinion.

Ward should've never went onto the racetrack, its a violation of every safety brief I've ever sat in, and that's a fact.
Old August 11th, 2014
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by No. 2 View Post
Not at all. I've gone to Locust Grove Ar for a dirt track race that paid 100k to the winner and watched Mark Martin, Bill Elliott, and Kasey Kahne get handed their hats by drivers like Kenny Merchant. Hard to say exactly what T.S. was doing or thinking when this happened but you can bet that track across America will implement new rules during a caution to avoid this same thing. I've seen PLENTY of cell cam videos of other drivers doing something similar to a car that caused a wreck and get flipped over the roof or drug along side the car. It was just a matter of time before someone was killed.
Yep.

HUNDREDS of Videos on the net of Race Track Fights.

Helmets thrown, bottles, what about the guy who jumped through
the drivers front window with BOTH FEET! lol

I saw one years ago where a female driver yanked a male driver
out of his car before the crew got there.

Race Rage > Road Rage

/
Old August 11th, 2014
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
See what I'm saying TH?

The rear tires are bigger, but the front-end is compensated
to push the front tires out and almost even with the rear tires.

So they don't stick out as much as they appear.

HUGE Photo Warning;
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Wisconsin.jpg
Isn't this an RC car???