Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Sportsman's Market > Swap-A-Hunt

Swap-A-Hunt Deer-4-Duck, Fishing-4-Deer, Etc.

Old November 19th, 2010
Executive Member
Show Stoppers
Visit JTHOMP's Facebook
Default Will work for food

I'm currently going to college at UL Lafayette, and I go back home to Amite, LA every couple weeks. Now that I'm in college I'm struggling to find time and places to hunt.
I'm looking for somewhere kinda around the Lafayette area OR in St.Helena, Tangipahoa, or western Washington parishes. If anyone is willing to show me the ropes on some public lands, or let me hunt their property, then I will be of service to you. My entire life has been on a dairy farm, so I'll be good for most farmhand jobs (NOT SOMEBODY'S MILKHAND!). Also if you have any other labor jobs you need done just run it by me and I'll let you know if I'm good for it or not.
My favorite hunting is deer, pigs, ducks, and geese, but if it jumps swims flies or crawls it fair game.

-Jacob Thompson
Old November 19th, 2010
Executive Member
Visit JCFarms's YouTube

Too Bad you aren't going to NSU Natchitoches!
Old November 19th, 2010
Ontheprowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHOMP View Post
I'm currently going to college at UL Lafayette, and I go back home to Amite, LA every couple weeks. Now that I'm in college I'm struggling to find time and places to hunt.
I'm looking for somewhere kinda around the Lafayette area OR in St.Helena, Tangipahoa, or western Washington parishes. If anyone is willing to show me the ropes on some public lands, or let me hunt their property, then I will be of service to you. My entire life has been on a dairy farm, so I'll be good for most farmhand jobs (NOT SOMEBODY'S MILKHAND!). Also if you have any other labor jobs you need done just run it by me and I'll let you know if I'm good for it or not.
My favorite hunting is deer, pigs, ducks, and geese, but if it jumps swims flies or crawls it fair game.

-Jacob Thompson
Are you hunting for FOOD because you don't have any or just want to hunt? Aren't you hunting in Thistlethwaite?
Old November 19th, 2010
Executive Member
Show Stoppers
Visit JTHOMP's Facebook

I wish I was going to NSU just because of all the public land opportunities!

Yes I have food I was just want to hunt. I thought the title was kinda clever haha. I hunt Thistlethwaite but because of my school schedule and the time change its almost impossible to go during the weekdays, and there isn't any other public ground thats closer. Also I would like a chance to shoot a few ducks, which as far as I know Thistlewiate doesn't have any.
Old November 19th, 2010
Ontheprowl

Quote:
I wish I was going to NSU just because of all the public land opportunities!

Yes I have food I was just want to hunt. I thought the title was kinda clever haha. I hunt Thistlethwaite but because of my school schedule and the time change its almost impossible to go during the weekdays, and there isn't any other public ground thats closer. Also I would like a chance to shoot a few ducks, which as far as I know Thistlewiate doesn't have any.
LOL You never know....
You can hunt the southside of Sherburne, should be about the same time-wise to get there.
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2010
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds

I go To UL also..
HAve family land in houma where I hunt most of the time, but started hunting sherburne..and hunt Bayou Teche NWR (Franklin) and some other WMAs up north ( CLear Creek,JAckson BIenville, parts of Kisatchie), looking to check out thistlethwaite, indian Bayou and the ACC.. Always trying to find someone else to hunt public land with, especially bow hunting because all my friends gun hunt!
Old November 19th, 2010
Executive Member
Show Stoppers
Visit JTHOMP's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontheprowl View Post
LOL You never know....
You can hunt the southside of Sherburne, should be about the same time-wise to get there.
Last time I was hunting I had five flocks of geese come over me. They were too high to shoot but they were still flying low. So maybe theres a few ducks or geese there. Thats why I want to look at the pond next time im there.
Sherburne, Attakapas, and Indian Bayou are the closest places, but think I'd need a boat to duck hunt any of them, would I?
Old November 19th, 2010
Executive Member
Show Stoppers
Visit JTHOMP's Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I go To UL also..
HAve family land in houma where I hunt most of the time, but started hunting sherburne..and hunt Bayou Teche NWR (Franklin) and some other WMAs up north ( CLear Creek,JAckson BIenville, parts of Kisatchie), looking to check out thistlethwaite, indian Bayou and the ACC.. Always trying to find someone else to hunt public land with, especially bow hunting because all my friends gun hunt!
How often do you go hunt the public land around here? As of right now Iím only bow hunting because im worried about getting caught with my guns on campus. If I find some ducks or geese thatíll change though. I donít know much about Thistlethwaite yet and I want to check out Indian Bayou. Wanna go checkem out sometime?
Old November 19th, 2010
Ontheprowl

Quote:
Last time I was hunting I had five flocks of geese come over me. They were too high to shoot but they were still flying low. So maybe theres a few ducks or geese there. Thats why I want to look at the pond next time im there.
Sherburne, Attakapas, and Indian Bayou are the closest places, but think I'd need a boat to duck hunt any of them, would I?
You dont need a boat to deer hunt in Sherburne. Best thing I can tell you is make a post in the duck hunting section and the individual sections for the WMA's you are interested in. I'm an amateur huntress, I know little! lol BUT you are more likely to get answers to all your questions that way.
Old November 19th, 2010
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds

Quote:
How often do you go hunt the public land around here? As of right now Iím only bow hunting because im worried about getting caught with my guns on campus. If I find some ducks or geese thatíll change though. I donít know much about Thistlethwaite yet and I want to check out Indian Bayou. Wanna go checkem out sometime?
RIght now its mostly my family land..But I'll be hunting public land more pretty soon once it getts later in the season.. LAst year I went to a college up in Shreveport, there you where able to keep your guns for hunting with the campus police and pick them up when you wanted to hunt, don't know if UL will do that or not. I don't really duck/geese hunt but thats only because I have no experience with it I've strictly deer hunted all my life but definitely open to doing some duck hunting know where they got em, just dont have decoys, or calling abilities haha.I'd definitely be up going check out TW and Indian Bayou