Bayou Bucks
Basin Taxidermy Bayou Bucks Gear Blane Normand Memorial Fishing Tourney
Belle Isle





Bayou Bucks Radio

Bayou Bucks Radio
Listen Now


Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests
 


Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Public Hunting Land Profiles > General Public Lands Discussion > Tensas River NWR

Tensas River NWR 64,012 Acres: Madison, Tensas, & Franklin Parishes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old December 4th, 2012
muzzyman's Avatar
muzzyman muzzyman is offline
Board of Directors
The Regulators
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Member of the BB Outsiders
Posts: 3,961
Blog Entries: 1
Default

there you have it people. you gonna drive 6 hours spend hundreds of dollars in the hope of shooting a 12" 8 pt and call it a monster because it came from Tensas..

Here ya go gimp.. I got this to hunt on private land..

why would i go through the hassle of shooting a 12" basket rack and drag it for 1.5 miles?? why would anybody.

and remember folks these 5 deerthat he posted above ^^^^ came off of 80,000 acres over a 5 day period of thousands of hunter in the field.. Them odds are looking better and better aint they.. LOL 1 buck per 16,000 acres.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MDGC0087.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	60105   Click image for larger version

Name:	MDGC0089.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	60106  
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 4th, 2012
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Board of Directors
Bad Country Snipers
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vinton Louisiana
Posts: 4,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzyman View Post
there you have it people. you gonna drive 6 hours spend hundreds of dollars in the hope of shooting a 12" 8 pt and call it a monster because it came from Tensas..

Here ya go gimp.. I got this to hunt on private land..

why would i go through the hassle of shooting a 12" basket rack and drag it for 1.5 miles?? why would anybody.

and remember folks these 5 deerthat he posted above ^^^^ came off of 80,000 acres over a 5 day period of thousands of hunter in the field.. Them odds are looking better and better aint they.. LOL 1 buck per 16,000 acres.
That's awesome muzzy but some of us like the public land hunting they are there and that's the number do far not many hunters that I seen on Tensas for first lottery an some deer may not have even been weighed in not bad number counting the reserve hasn't been open but since November 3rd
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 4th, 2012
Spring Creek's Avatar
Spring Creek Spring Creek is offline
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,134
Default

Come on guys..let's all take a step back and a deep breath. There ain't nothing going on here that is that serious that we need to do this.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 4th, 2012
cbigbear's Avatar
cbigbear cbigbear is offline
Board of Directors
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ponchatoula
Posts: 3,284
Visit cbigbear's YouTube
Default

Guess only small bucks & very low numbers of deer on Tensas, but I may make that long drive to catch the TD/Gimp UFC fight this weekend!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 4th, 2012
Spring Creek's Avatar
Spring Creek Spring Creek is offline
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,134
Default

Now that was just wrong...but good!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #16  
Old December 4th, 2012
CGBruce72 CGBruce72 is offline
Executive Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jennings,LA
Posts: 1,051
Default

I really thought they were joking...?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 4th, 2012
Belizaire's Avatar
Belizaire Belizaire is offline
Chairman
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Breaux Bridge, LA
Posts: 11,547
Blog Entries: 2
Default

All I'm going to say is lmao


Shhhhhhhhh I'm Huntin nutwia
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 4th, 2012
muzzyman's Avatar
muzzyman muzzyman is offline
Board of Directors
The Regulators
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Member of the BB Outsiders
Posts: 3,961
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
That's awesome muzzy but some of us like the public land hunting they are there and that's the number do far not many hunters that I seen on Tensas for first lottery an some deer may not have even been weighed in not bad number counting the reserve hasn't been open but since November 3rd
Then you never get very far from the black top then.. I will bet Money ever available parking lot was full..

I know the campgrounds were.. But I realize you think that everybody should come hunt it and I really don't care. But you don't see all of use jumping on a CC TW or Laccasinne bandwagon when a good deer gets killed there do you..

Then you talk like you know so much about the area. But if it wasn't for your gps in your truck you couldn't find it.. You ain't old enough or have near the experience here to be any kind of authority on it.. I don't display my activities on a public web sight cause where I go and do isn't anyone's business if they want to find something I suggest they do like I have and put boots on the ground instead of mouse in hand. I ain't gonna make it easy for anybody..

You say your a meat hunter?? Then why drive 6 hours and spend money on something you could do at home and even with your kids. I know I do.. The only time I hunt alone is when my kids don't want to go..

You make it sound like a walk in the park but in real life if you like miles of palmettos with tons of snakes, ( that you can't legally kill) over abundance of bears , and a growing hog population then have at it.. But please stop taking information off the Internet or hear say and putting your own spin on it to make people think you half way know what your talking about.. It's like listening to the liberal news..
Now if the other places had a FB page I'm sure you would see as much or better deer than what's on there's. you really don't realize just how hard it get hunted or how much pressure gets put on it.. Believe it or not it is hunted HARD everyday of the season by a lot of people. Not near as many local people hunt it like you think.. Most of the pressure comes from out of towners looking for there Giant. Every year there is more and more and more people every season.

The biologist told me the refuge hold approx. 1 deer per 100 to 125 acres.. So for those that think deer are just running every where..here are your facts..


All this Blue has given me the Reds!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 4th, 2012
Gimp's Avatar
Gimp Gimp is offline
Board of Directors
Bad Country Snipers
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vinton Louisiana
Posts: 4,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzyman View Post
Then you never get very far from the black top then.. I will bet Money ever available parking lot was full..

I know the campgrounds were.. But I realize you think that everybody should come hunt it and I really don't care. But you don't see all of use jumping on a CC TW or Laccasinne bandwagon when a good deer gets killed there do you..

Then you talk like you know so much about the area. But if it wasn't for your gps in your truck you couldn't find it.. You ain't old enough or have near the experience here to be any kind of authority on it.. I don't display my activities on a public web sight cause where I go and do isn't anyone's business if they want to find something I suggest they do like I have and put boots on the ground instead of mouse in hand. I ain't gonna make it easy for anybody..

You say your a meat hunter?? Then why drive 6 hours and spend money on something you could do at home and even with your kids. I know I do.. The only time I hunt alone is when my kids don't want to go..

You make it sound like a walk in the park but in real life if you like miles of palmettos with tons of snakes, ( that you can't legally kill) over abundance of bears , and a growing hog population then have at it.. But please stop taking information off the Internet or hear say and putting your own spin on it to make people think you half way know what your talking about.. It's like listening to the liberal news..
Now if the other places had a FB page I'm sure you would see as much or better deer than what's on there's. you really don't realize just how hard it get hunted or how much pressure gets put on it.. Believe it or not it is hunted HARD everyday of the season by a lot of people. Not near as many local people hunt it like you think.. Most of the pressure comes from out of towners looking for there Giant. Every year there is more and more and more people every season.

The biologist told me the refuge hold approx. 1 deer per 100 to 125 acres.. So for those that think deer are just running every where..here are your facts..


All this Blue has given me the Reds!!!!!!!
I get off the black top a lot actually and also know that reserve pretty well not the best but I know alittle!!! I post the pics of kills that I know of everytime I get them or am involed in them!! Campground where mainly full because of Big Lake and Buckhorns eather sex!! And for the GPS I had never Ben to ur house do it was helpful but to get to Tensas not an issue!!! Don't display ur activitys LOL who cares why are you even on this site then it's for sharing info and learning RIGHT guys??? I drive up to hunt Tensas because I love the woods and the deer that are there just never know what that Nexted deer will b!!! Don't worry bout what I do with my kids only one is old enough to go and he goes quit often!! Hats off to you if you don't hunt much alone!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 4th, 2012
Bowtech82nd's Avatar
Bowtech82nd Bowtech82nd is offline
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Loranger, La
Posts: 21,777
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Tarver gonna get you sucka!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
Copyright 2012, Limelight Productions, LLC
 

Copyright © Bayou Bucks. All Rights Reserved.
Website by Louisiana Web Design