Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Public Hunting Land Profiles > General Public Lands Discussion > Tensas River NWR

Tensas River NWR 64,012 Acres: Madison, Tensas, & Franklin Parishes

Old December 4th, 2012
Board of Directors
The Regulators

there you have it people. you gonna drive 6 hours spend hundreds of dollars in the hope of shooting a 12" 8 pt and call it a monster because it came from Tensas..

Here ya go gimp.. I got this to hunt on private land..

why would i go through the hassle of shooting a 12" basket rack and drag it for 1.5 miles?? why would anybody.

and remember folks these 5 deerthat he posted above ^^^^ came off of 80,000 acres over a 5 day period of thousands of hunter in the field.. Them odds are looking better and better aint they.. LOL 1 buck per 16,000 acres.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MDGC0087.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	60105   Click image for larger version

Name:	MDGC0089.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	60106  
Old December 4th, 2012
Board of Directors
Bad Country Snipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzyman View Post
there you have it people. you gonna drive 6 hours spend hundreds of dollars in the hope of shooting a 12" 8 pt and call it a monster because it came from Tensas..

Here ya go gimp.. I got this to hunt on private land..

why would i go through the hassle of shooting a 12" basket rack and drag it for 1.5 miles?? why would anybody.

and remember folks these 5 deerthat he posted above ^^^^ came off of 80,000 acres over a 5 day period of thousands of hunter in the field.. Them odds are looking better and better aint they.. LOL 1 buck per 16,000 acres.
That's awesome muzzy but some of us like the public land hunting they are there and that's the number do far not many hunters that I seen on Tensas for first lottery an some deer may not have even been weighed in not bad number counting the reserve hasn't been open but since November 3rd
Old December 4th, 2012
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds

Come on guys..let's all take a step back and a deep breath. There ain't nothing going on here that is that serious that we need to do this.
Old December 4th, 2012
Board of Directors
Visit cbigbear's YouTube

Guess only small bucks & very low numbers of deer on Tensas, but I may make that long drive to catch the TD/Gimp UFC fight this weekend!!!!
Old December 4th, 2012
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds

Now that was just wrong...but good!
Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2012
Executive Member

I really thought they were joking...?
Old December 4th, 2012
Chairman

All I'm going to say is lmao

Shhhhhhhhh I'm Huntin nutwia
Old December 4th, 2012
Board of Directors
The Regulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
That's awesome muzzy but some of us like the public land hunting they are there and that's the number do far not many hunters that I seen on Tensas for first lottery an some deer may not have even been weighed in not bad number counting the reserve hasn't been open but since November 3rd
Then you never get very far from the black top then.. I will bet Money ever available parking lot was full..

I know the campgrounds were.. But I realize you think that everybody should come hunt it and I really don't care. But you don't see all of use jumping on a CC TW or Laccasinne bandwagon when a good deer gets killed there do you..

Then you talk like you know so much about the area. But if it wasn't for your gps in your truck you couldn't find it.. You ain't old enough or have near the experience here to be any kind of authority on it.. I don't display my activities on a public web sight cause where I go and do isn't anyone's business if they want to find something I suggest they do like I have and put boots on the ground instead of mouse in hand. I ain't gonna make it easy for anybody..

You say your a meat hunter?? Then why drive 6 hours and spend money on something you could do at home and even with your kids. I know I do.. The only time I hunt alone is when my kids don't want to go..

You make it sound like a walk in the park but in real life if you like miles of palmettos with tons of snakes, ( that you can't legally kill) over abundance of bears , and a growing hog population then have at it.. But please stop taking information off the Internet or hear say and putting your own spin on it to make people think you half way know what your talking about.. It's like listening to the liberal news..
Now if the other places had a FB page I'm sure you would see as much or better deer than what's on there's. you really don't realize just how hard it get hunted or how much pressure gets put on it.. Believe it or not it is hunted HARD everyday of the season by a lot of people. Not near as many local people hunt it like you think.. Most of the pressure comes from out of towners looking for there Giant. Every year there is more and more and more people every season.

The biologist told me the refuge hold approx. 1 deer per 100 to 125 acres.. So for those that think deer are just running every where..here are your facts..

All this Blue has given me the Reds!!!!!!!
Old December 4th, 2012
Board of Directors
Bad Country Snipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzyman View Post
Then you never get very far from the black top then.. I will bet Money ever available parking lot was full..

I know the campgrounds were.. But I realize you think that everybody should come hunt it and I really don't care. But you don't see all of use jumping on a CC TW or Laccasinne bandwagon when a good deer gets killed there do you..

Then you talk like you know so much about the area. But if it wasn't for your gps in your truck you couldn't find it.. You ain't old enough or have near the experience here to be any kind of authority on it.. I don't display my activities on a public web sight cause where I go and do isn't anyone's business if they want to find something I suggest they do like I have and put boots on the ground instead of mouse in hand. I ain't gonna make it easy for anybody..

You say your a meat hunter?? Then why drive 6 hours and spend money on something you could do at home and even with your kids. I know I do.. The only time I hunt alone is when my kids don't want to go..

You make it sound like a walk in the park but in real life if you like miles of palmettos with tons of snakes, ( that you can't legally kill) over abundance of bears , and a growing hog population then have at it.. But please stop taking information off the Internet or hear say and putting your own spin on it to make people think you half way know what your talking about.. It's like listening to the liberal news..
Now if the other places had a FB page I'm sure you would see as much or better deer than what's on there's. you really don't realize just how hard it get hunted or how much pressure gets put on it.. Believe it or not it is hunted HARD everyday of the season by a lot of people. Not near as many local people hunt it like you think.. Most of the pressure comes from out of towners looking for there Giant. Every year there is more and more and more people every season.

The biologist told me the refuge hold approx. 1 deer per 100 to 125 acres.. So for those that think deer are just running every where..here are your facts..

All this Blue has given me the Reds!!!!!!!
I get off the black top a lot actually and also know that reserve pretty well not the best but I know alittle!!! I post the pics of kills that I know of everytime I get them or am involed in them!! Campground where mainly full because of Big Lake and Buckhorns eather sex!! And for the GPS I had never Ben to ur house do it was helpful but to get to Tensas not an issue!!! Don't display ur activitys LOL who cares why are you even on this site then it's for sharing info and learning RIGHT guys??? I drive up to hunt Tensas because I love the woods and the deer that are there just never know what that Nexted deer will b!!! Don't worry bout what I do with my kids only one is old enough to go and he goes quit often!! Hats off to you if you don't hunt much alone!!
Old December 4th, 2012
Banned

Tarver gonna get you sucka!