Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > The Campfire > Sports Talk

Sports Talk Ball Games, Fights, Athletics, Poker, Etc.

Old January 13th, 2014
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Man what a finish.

Believe me, Hawk fans were peeing their pants lol

Did you not see the fans?!? lol They were tweeking

Oh well. There it is.

Want to have a better shot at the SuperBowl,
DON'T drop games to the Jets and Rams.

See ya next year!

out/

Oh and Brees STILL ended the game better than Wilson.

Brees QBR - 86.3
24/44
another 300 yard game and in the play-offs.

Wilson QBR - 67.6
9/18
103 yards

Colston, who caught a TD, recovered the on-side kick and threw the game away, literally ROFL!
Tore'em up for 144 yards on 11 catches.
/
Too bad it wasn't a game of Brees vs. Wilson. When you are behind, you throw more. NO is a pass heavy team to begin with. Look at the Pats and Brady. He had 0 TDs but as a team, the Pats had the most impressive looking offense of the 8 teams playing this weekend. They had 6 rushing TDs. Wilson didn't have to throw. He played with the lead and a RB that NO couldn't stop. He just managed the game.
Old January 13th, 2014
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Too bad it wasn't a game of Brees vs. Wilson. When you are behind, you throw more. NO is a pass heavy team to begin with. Look at the Pats and Brady. He had 0 TDs but as a team, the Pats had the most impressive looking offense of the 8 teams playing this weekend. They had 6 rushing TDs. Wilson didn't have to throw. He played with the lead and a RB that NO couldn't stop. He just managed the game.
Sometimes that's all you have tto be is a manager. It shows the quality of your team. You have to be able to step up at times and win games, and that is what defines a great QB.

Seattle has got a very good team built around Wilson. That is the difference between Seattle and NO. Brees doesn't have the talent that Wilson does behind him. Lynch is one of the best in the NFL. Seattle has one of the best defenses in the NFL. The saints have Brees. If they had a better cast around him, and a good defense, that's a **** fine football team then. Right now they just look like a version of Dallas that can actually win games because of good coaching and QB play. Other than that, just a bunch of second level NFL talent.

Don't get me wrong, I think Colston is a good reciever, but he's no Megatron or AJ Green. Graham is the only real star support Brees has, in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old January 14th, 2014
Board of Directors
Visit Hitman's Facebook Visit Hitman's Twitter Visit Hitman's YouTube

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...d=sportscenter

Quote:
a designed play that went awry
Old January 14th, 2014
Banned

I'm with you Smalls if a team takes away Graham the Saints get into trouble.
Old January 14th, 2014
Executive Member
Bounty Hunters
Visit Choupic's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Sometimes that's all you have tto be is a manager. It shows the quality of your team. You have to be able to step up at times and win games, and that is what defines a great QB.

Seattle has got a very good team built around Wilson. That is the difference between Seattle and NO. Brees doesn't have the talent that Wilson does behind him. Lynch is one of the best in the NFL. Seattle has one of the best defenses in the NFL. The saints have Brees. If they had a better cast around him, and a good defense, that's a **** fine football team then. Right now they just look like a version of Dallas that can actually win games because of good coaching and QB play. Other than that, just a bunch of second level NFL talent.

Don't get me wrong, I think Colston is a good reciever, but he's no Megatron or AJ Green. Graham is the only real star support Brees has, in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Yep and apparently the last 5 or 6 games or so our opponents have realized that too and have put a stop to graham . Whether double or triple teaming him or however they've been doing it . They say he's been having bad games but it's hard to have a good game when a whole defensive backfield is keying in on you . He has been one of the main reasons the saints has won the games they have won .
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2014
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupic View Post
Yep and apparently the last 5 or 6 games or so our opponents have realized that too and have put a stop to graham . Whether double or triple teaming him or however they've been doing it . They say he's been having bad games but it's hard to have a good game when a whole defensive backfield is keying in on you . He has been one of the main reasons the saints has won the games they have won .
Radio show here in BR yesterday called him a Basketball player playing football. Very true. When you get physical with him, he shuts down. Of course, this same show had the audacity to say that the Saints were the better team going into Saturday. That just kills me. How can you say that the Saints were the better team when A) They got completely TROUNCED in the Regular Season by the Seahawks, B) The Seahawks are the #1 Seed, and C) The Seahawks are favored by 8.

Just doesn't make sense to me. In every way, shape, and form, the Seahawks were the better team. On paper, on the field, the Seahawks were a better team. It's just obsurd to me that a sports radio show host would so obviously show his fandom by saying something like that. How many people outside of Louisiana honestly thought the Saints were the better team going into that game on Saturday?

Against Philly, yeah, I would argue that the Saints were the better team. Against Seattle? Heck no! Sorry, just can't believe that. Better QB? Sure. Better Wide Recievers? Maybe. Better Defense? No. Better RB? No.

Not the better team. Better luck next year.
Old January 14th, 2014
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Radio show here in BR yesterday called him a Basketball player playing football. Very true. When you get physical with him, he shuts down. Of course, this same show had the audacity to say that the Saints were the better team going into Saturday. That just kills me. How can you say that the Saints were the better team when A) They got completely TROUNCED in the Regular Season by the Seahawks, B) The Seahawks are the #1 Seed, and C) The Seahawks are favored by 8.

Just doesn't make sense to me. In every way, shape, and form, the Seahawks were the better team. On paper, on the field, the Seahawks were a better team. It's just obsurd to me that a sports radio show host would so obviously show his fandom by saying something like that. How many people outside of Louisiana honestly thought the Saints were the better team going into that game on Saturday?

Against Philly, yeah, I would argue that the Saints were the better team. Against Seattle? Heck no! Sorry, just can't believe that. Better QB? Sure. Better Wide Recievers? Maybe. Better Defense? No. Better RB? No.

Not the better team. Better luck next year.
With all the so called offensive weapons the Saints have, If theyíre keying on one person like Graham, it should be opening something else up elsewhere on the field.

Iíve heard that since the wide receiver coach went to Tulane, the wide receivers play has gone to crapola. Thatís possible, but if Brees cannot stand in the pocket without getting his fillings knocked out, long enough for the receivers to run their routes, then there you go. The bedrock of a winning offense is a solid Pro-bowl offensive line.
Old January 14th, 2014
Banned

Yea Doc Brees cant be running for his life.
Old January 14th, 2014
Chairman

What seems to be the winning combination? Nobody has a great QB, great RB, great WRs, great O line, and great defense. The Pats are a #2 seed and looked the most impressive this past weekend and their offense is a shell of what it used to be. They lost Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk. They have a great QB but not alot of targets. They have a great running game with Verenn, Blount, and Ridley. I don't think they have one of the better defenses at all. So, is a loaded offense like Denver's the way to go? A loaded offense with a decent defense? What about teams like Seattle and San Fran? Neither have great QBs. Lynch and Gore are good RBs but Seattle isn't loaded with WR talent. San Fran is better with Boldin, Davis, and Crabtree. Both have really good defenses. Hard to say what the best combination is. All four of this year's teams have legit chances at winning the Super Bowl.
Old January 14th, 2014
Executive Member

I agree, 100%. The Saints lines have not been very good the past few years. It just amazes me that they are still considered to be as good as they are. Without Brees, that team is nothing. I'm no Saints fan, but I still have respect for what Brees does with what he has. He's never had a star wide reciever, yet consistently is one of the top QBs in the NFL. His O-line hasn't always been the greatest, but he still gets the job done.

The So Called "Offensive Weapons" remark was spot on Doc. The only reason these receivers look as good as they do is because of Brees. Any where else, and I think most of these guys are 3rd on the depth chart, with the exception of Colston, who is probably a #2 anywhere else. Don't get me wrong, they are good, but they aren't like the top Echelon in the League.