Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Public Hunting Land Profiles > General Public Lands Discussion > Tensas River NWR

Tensas River NWR 64,012 Acres: Madison, Tensas, & Franklin Parishes

Old February 10th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomo38 View Post
Maybe I shouldn't of even said anything I didn't mean to highjack JDubLDA post. I just didn't think the criticism was fair considering deer hunting season was over and the stand should of been pulled 10 days ago.

That's what brought on my rant about ppl leaving stands for yrs. I stand by what I said the only good excuse would be something like BrentM said. He is sick couldn't go back.

No matter how I say it someone will twist it. I never said stealing was ok. It's against the rules to leave a stand in the reserve no matter the position if ur not there hunting.

The places I found the stands seem to hold deer every so my guess is it's locals that think Tensas NWR is their personal lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have left stands on tree before especially lotto hunts, most people do. I also had a ladder on tree for a year cuz I lost key to lock. I can care less if people leave a stand. Not my business. And if someone beats me to where I left mine then its all good, they can hunt it. I didn't put it up to claim spot, but because my daughters hunt with me and when I got kids walking a mile its more trouble to haul a stand and set up. All I'm saying is hope u don't get caught coning out woods with whoever's stand u "find"
Old February 10th, 2016
Outdoor Freaks

Agreed with jomo. Bunch of cry babies. Dude was trying to help someone out and outcomes the cries.. People find range finders, wallets, gun cases, bow release, bags etc all the time and post that they are found in assuming these things were meant to stay in the woods.. Lol ridiculous where this world is going

Sent from the baddest GYM in La
Old February 11th, 2016
Default Left stands

I hunt public land almost exclusively, that being said I very rarely leave my stand on a tree. Only if I plan on coming back the next morning or that afternoon will I, and only if I'm far and away from any other human sign. I do this because I do not trust strangers and because it's against the rules to be left in hunting position and for entire season.! I find so many stands left in woods it's ridiculous. Most are ladder stands that are obviously left year round. Bottles and trash under most stands I find. I've never taken any bodies stand but to me these stands left year round are a sign of "ownership" and blatant rule breaking, so if somebody has one "stolen" it doesn't bother me. Why should a person be able to leave a stand 1.5 miles in the woods on a hard walk and I have to carry my stand in like I am supposed to. It's public land it's not a lease, don't be mad if somebody "steals" your stand you left all year. Or if somebody beats you to it.
Old February 11th, 2016

The stands are supposed to be tagged with a name and address and left on the ground. They are not supposed to be left after season ends. Get your crap out or it just may come up missing and you can't report it because it was illegal.

That being said I wouldn't take it but if I find it I'm hunting out of it and will use it every time I go if no one is in it.
Old February 11th, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsouth View Post
The stands are supposed to be tagged with a name and address and left on the ground. They are not supposed to be left after season ends. Get your crap out or it just may come up missing and you can't report it because it was illegal.

That being said I wouldn't take it but if I find it I'm hunting out of it and will use it every time I go if no one is in it.
Some people will pull your personal information tag off your stand. Then hunt it. Watch you don't get in someone's stand that didn't know there personal information tag was ripped off. Won't go over real well when someone's in your stand.I wouldn't hunt no ones stand whether it was in compliance or not. Leave that up to enforcement.
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2016
Executive Member
Backstrap Bloodhounds

I agree with all of this but did have to grin at the comments about folks treating it like it was their own lease. I hunt some with a guy that at one time all or part of the reserve WAS their club. We even found a couple of their old box stands. Well...what was left of them.