Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > Deer Hunting

Deer Hunting Louisiana's Elite Deer Hunting Community

Old December 3rd, 2009
Default bienville parish

anyone hunt in bienville parish. i have a lease in bienville. just wondering, weve killed lots of good deer up there.
Old December 4th, 2009
Executive Member

VP, I hunt there also. We have good deer there also. We also have lots of dog hunters around. We have to get them early or workl that much harder during dog season.
Old December 4th, 2009
Board of Directors

i hunt in bienville also. we are one of the clubs that still run dogs....so yeah you better get them early before they start running them. just keep hoping that the state will shut it down, the dog hunters have no respect for the other club members.
Old December 5th, 2009

come on, i know dog hunters that are not disrespectful. a few give the rest a bad name. lets just hope a few bad apples dont ruin the bunch.
Old December 5th, 2009
Board of Directors

hey vp, not trashing all dog hunters but since that is a mobile way of hunting now days, ours will drive their vehicle on your food plots and pull up down the pipelines from where a still hunting member has been sitting since before daylight, not to mention that they run their dogs all year on the club(how would you like to go to your bowstand anytime in october and hear a pack of hounds that have run all night long around your stand) . they run our pregnant does all summer and then when those that don't miscarry finally drop their fawns they run the doe away from the fawn leaving it susceptible to predators, and if you hunt that area you know how many coyotes are there. club ran dogs when i got in and have no particular problem with that, they enjoy their style of hunting just like i enjoy the stillhunting but the least they could do is stop running on the club sept. 1 to let the deer settle down for our still season, and they are not even willing to do that.
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2009

we stop training ours at the end of july. i figure some do have miscarriages or get seperated although most are not born yet. we only run ours once sometimes twice a month. usually start about 4am and are done by 8am, its just to hot. they could be more considerate. we let ours have plenty of rest after july and dont pressure them much before. it doesnt take that much hunting to keep a deer dog trained. a coyote dog is a horse of a different color though.
Old December 8th, 2009
Board of Directors

wish our club would take a lesson from yours, that is a much better approach than ours, just curious do your dog hunting members still hunt as well because our dog runners(those with the dogs) do not still hunt much at all so they could care less.
Old December 9th, 2009
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPHUNTER97 View Post
anyone hunt in bienville parish. i have a lease in bienville. just wondering, weve killed lots of good deer up there.
I've been in the same Bienville Parish lease since 1993. It's loaded with deer. Bienville Parish finished 2nd behind Union Parish last year in "most deer killed." If they did away with the dogs, it would be even better. Our rut starts the same time dog season starts every year. Weyerhauser sent out a letter to all of their lease holders and told them, "Stay off the roads while hunting." We only had 2 box stands on a road but the dog hunters are going to have to change their ways. Lucky for them we have lots of pipelines but they'll revert back to their old ways and hunt the roads again. I just hope they don't punish the entire club for the actions of a few. The positive side of getting the lease pulled would be to start up a new one and the dog hunters that broke the rules wouldn't be able to join back up. All in all though, Bienville is a gold mine when it comes to deer.
Old December 13th, 2009

yeah nannyhunter we all still hunt from the beginning of september when bow starts. usually kill better bucks too. i don't want to make anybody mad but still hunters have 150 days or so to hunt but dog hunters have 40 or so. i think they could understand a little. dog hunting for a non indian has been around since way before stalk and ambush. were not asking for more days just keep what we have.
Old December 14th, 2009
Board of Directors

sounds like you do not still/bow hunt on your lease where you run the dogs if you start bowhunting first of sept. because bienvill parish is in area 2 which does't open until oct. 1. also if i understood you correctly your club stops training/running dogs around midsummer when the fawns begin to drop. like i said not against our members hunting with dogs just would like to see them stop running about a month before bowseason to allow things to settle down, they even run at night during bow season. oh and that first statement is kind of in jest because i figure that you are also hunting close to home which i think is in the early sept. season. sounds like those who are in charge of the club in bienville parish have the best interest of the club and their deer herd in mind and are setting club rules to benefit the herd and keep down friction among members and not catering to just a few.