Listen Now

Run-N-Gun DVD Trailer

ORDER NOW

Louisiana Hunting Land
Preview DVD
Bayou Bucks University - Check It Out
LA Hunting Community - Visit Forum
Forum BayouTube Classifieds Blogs Groups Members Contests

Go Back   Bayou Bucks Hunting Community > Louisiana Hunting > General Outdoor Discussion

General Outdoor Discussion Archery, Shooting, Game Management, Gear, Camping, etc.

Old May 19th, 2013
Default Frog Season

Only a few more days until frog season. Y'all ready? I can't wait.
Old May 19th, 2013
Executive Member
Karnage Krewe

Been hearing them at night. Want be long till legs are in the grease.
Old May 20th, 2013
Board of Directors
Treetop Assassins

Yeah I'm ready to get em!! Couple guys jumped the gun last week and got caught catchin em!!
Old May 20th, 2013
Outdoor Freaks

we'll be in full force nex fri nite in saline,cant wait.
Old May 20th, 2013
Default Honey hole

Went help moved some furniture from my wives cousin last week behind Duson. The lady that owned the house was talking about the 2 ponds behind her house being full of annoying frogs. I asked her if anyone frogs and she said she wishes someone would come get every d@mn frog out there. I asked and she gave me permission. After it got dark, my son and I went and shined a flashlight and man both ponds were loaded. Can't wait. I'll just have to remember how to clen them, its been about 15 years since I caught one that wasn't already fried!
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2013
Board of Directors
Karnage Krewe

I'm ready, I had something wearied happen to me and a friend fishing the other day. We were throwing spro frogs next to some reeds on the lake and noticed once it got within about 15 yards of the reeds there would be a wake moving towards our baits. As usual if you speed up the frogs the wake would chase it for a little distance but if you slowed em down or stopped em the wake would disappear. Of course this was in a cove that had a bunch of grass. I noticed something sticking out of the water and threw past it and it lunged at the frog. Turned out to be a cove FULL of big bulls and if a frog bait got close they would chase it down and pounce on em! Actually caught one on a tiny torpedo, thing was a monster! Has anyone ever seen a frog display this behavior?

Let the biggest bass win
Old May 20th, 2013
Board of Directors

I can't wait!!! I took the kids ride some back roads the other night but I didn't see much but did kill a lot of snakes!!!

"Find The Lord Before You Need Him"
Old May 20th, 2013
Board of Directors
Visit Hitman's Facebook Visit Hitman's Twitter Visit Hitman's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Master View Post
I'm ready, I had something wearied happen to me and a friend fishing the other day. We were throwing spro frogs next to some reeds on the lake and noticed once it got within about 15 yards of the reeds there would be a wake moving towards our baits. As usual if you speed up the frogs the wake would chase it for a little distance but if you slowed em down or stopped em the wake would disappear. Of course this was in a cove that had a bunch of grass. I noticed something sticking out of the water and threw past it and it lunged at the frog. Turned out to be a cove FULL of big bulls and if a frog bait got close they would chase it down and pounce on em! Actually caught one on a tiny torpedo, thing was a monster! Has anyone ever seen a frog display this behavior?

Let the biggest bass win

No but I'd like to come and perform my own private investigation if there's room in the boat lol
Old May 20th, 2013
Board of Directors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Master View Post

Let the biggest bass win
was fishing in in a pond in texas where I grew up one day when I was 12/14 years old with a black/white striped chugger and 4 or 5 times had big bullfrogs hit the bait, did not catch any on the bait but we did after dark. only time I have seen this happen.
Old May 20th, 2013
Board of Directors
Karnage Krewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyhunter View Post
was fishing in in a pond in texas where I grew up one day when I was 12/14 years old with a black/white striped chugger and 4 or 5 times had big bullfrogs hit the bait, did not catch any on the bait but we did after dark. only time I have seen this happen.
It was odd to see a bull frog chasing a bait, maybe they were territorial because they would only chase it if it got close to the reeds they were in.

Let the biggest bass win